Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

smx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
Where is the psd for the original v7 bg ??
frown.gif

on the first page at the end of post

actually here is the link

http://ul.to/m6bq7i

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Its gr8 to learn more and get a clear understanding of this..... with all the things we read with marcan and waninkoko and the fact code changes like the weather.... The real cool thing is regardless of the drama and all that, we really have the same goals with our will to open up the wii's true potential applying homebrew! So i'm thankful for all of you coders and members alike, its really like a good book...Reading how many people come together under a single goal is a real testimonial to the power of open source code and a team spirit! kudos to all of you who make the scene work like a well oiled machine
tongue.gif
smile.gif

cheech794

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
Guys, here's newest bg. But this time in 4:3.
14m566u.png

console_coords=88,24,456,170
console_color=8,15
covers_coords=232,210
entry_lines = 3

I'm not sure about the coordinates, cos I couldn't test.
If you need to change the bold coordinates to make the console and the covers fit properly,
make sure you choose a value dividable by 4. Otherwise you'll end up with a black screen or the wiimote won't sync.

If coordinates need correction, plz post the fixed ones.

PSD of 4:3 and 16:9 version is available here.

Hey this might be a stupid question but how do i get B to do configure?

I still use a bg with, 1 set to video, 2 set to ocarina, and B set to language.
ps: i am on loader 7.2 with 1.4

thanks in advance

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THitsu10 said:
hungyip84 said:
Yes, tonight I might release a 1.5 based version of 7.2 instead of 1.1 based.

please tell me you meant "instead of 1.4 based"
cry.gif

PNo4 said:
dun4cheap said:
QUOTE(PNo4 @ Apr 17 2009, 07:13 PM)
Much more wide in 7.2 then in "manual" 7.1 config =/

1. The manual mode was wrong to begin with.
2. I had bosted the true dimensions early on.
3. The other thing that needs to be understood is the cover art work should not have to be resized or stretched at all.
4. It is the background that should be 16:9 with the cover art box remaining the same aspect that the covers were created in.
5. While I am a coder by career, my hobby is video and photography. So it was interesting watching everyone wanting to resize the covers.

1. Wrong or not, it what all homebrew program uses.
2. Remind me, for what i know it it 640x480 for 4:3, 853x480 for 16:9.
3. Agree.
4. Agree, problem is the Loader program do not have 2 separate graphical layers, stretching the background = stretching the cover for now.

Someone asked about 720x480 16:9 or 4:3. The 16:9 is not square pixel.
853x480 is correct for NTSC 480P
960x540 which is 16:9
1920x1080 which NTSC 1080P 16:9

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real question with the Widescreen is how is the wii handling it. If you have your Wii set to Widescreen and 480P, then the 853x480 should display correctly. There may still be some overscan, but overscan is not as bad with LCDs as compared to a CRT. What got me is why everyone was resizing the cover art. The cover art aspect ratio should not have to change unless the box on the BG for the cover art is being changed or the Wii is stretching it out on it own. Then if thats the case then is it really true widescreen.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So.. are we going to get a new version based on v1.5 now it has some worthwhile improvements?

This updates so damn often I can't keep up anyway, I'll just download the latest when I have a few friends round.

m-tek

Trophies
Website
supex0.co.uk
XP
Country
OK... I run the loader through preloader and have everything set so whatever I do I ALWAYS return to the loader ...which is great .. Ive not seen the system menu for a week or two...

BUT!!

Its a ball ache having to hold reset so I can access the system menu(thats the only way)...

My question is, "is there a simple way to get to the system menu from the loader" ..taking into account my setup...Im talking about adding code to the settings page .. and maybe even get to hbc from the loader.. a bit like preloader ... it has system menu / hbc on the main page..

Im not asking for it to be added to the loader but merely if it can be coded and how. . . or even a pointer in the right direction and im sure I'll manage it.....

Oops

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hungyip84 said:
Hi,

Here is V7.2 (1.4)

1. Now the loader would detect widescreen automatically. You could still use the "widescreen" config, but you could just delete this config option and let the loade to pick for you.

2. The loader would download the correct widescreen covert art for you into wimages_path if you are in widescreen mode. So you don't have to resize yourself now =)

I will put the 1.1 version tonight. Now I need to get back to my work.

http://sharebee.com/28f92149
report bug
always "error initilizing network" (connection test okay)
this is not my background that is used (I think that is the default background implemented in the .dol)
after several tests: background and covers and don't work

CODE# USBLoader Ultimate V7 config
images_path=SD:/images/
background = bg.png
wbackground = wbg.png
covers = 1
download = 1
layout = ultimate2
simple = 1
console_coords=260,48,336,316
covers_coords=36,128
entry_lines = 12
max_characters = 37
savesettings = 0
video = game
ocarina = 0
language = console
parentalcontrol = 0
downloadinstall = 1
hidesettingmenu = 1
widescreen = 1 (not difference if i delete this)

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dun4cheap said:
1.The real question with the Widescreen is how is the wii handling it.
2. If you have your Wii set to Widescreen and 480P, then the 853x480 should display correctly. There may still be some overscan, but overscan is not as bad with LCDs as compared to a CRT.
3. What got me is why everyone was resizing the cover art. The cover art aspect ratio should not have to change unless the box on the BG for the cover art is being changed or the Wii is stretching it out on it own. Then if thats the case then is it really true widescreen.

1. Anamorphic..... so they do widescreen and squeeze it into a 4:3 and stretch.
2. Thats what I sense/feel/believe too.

3. Still the problem is that the cover-image 160x255 that looks aspectratio correct in 4:3 gets stretched in Widescreen-mode, unless you compensate for it, since BOTH background & cover gets stretched if you choose Widescreen/16:9 mode.

EDIT - EDIT - EDIT - EDIT - EDIT

Adding more fuel to the fire... Some part of the issue is also the fact (like stated before):

LCD TV's have square pixels.
CRT TV's have reqtangular pixels.

Due to this, the following is true:

Original SD-USB Loader v1.5 looks:

CORRECT (aspect-ratio wise) on a LCD TV using the original 640x480 background, and the 160x225 covers.

INCORRECT (aspect-ratio wise) on a CRT TV using the original 640x480 background, and the 160x225 covers.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oops said:
hungyip84 said:
And for the auto-widescreen detection, it's done by the libogc library. It seems to be able to detect the screen ratio. I will let you guys to test on it.
perhaps can you detected 50hz/60Hz mode too?

Detecting TV-Mode [CONF_VIDEO_MPAL, CONF_VIDEO_PAL, CONF_VIDEO_NTSC]:

Code:
u32 _tvmode = CONF_GetVideo();

Detecting 50Hz/60Hz mode:

Code:
if (CONF_GetEuRGB60() > 0) {
ÂÂÂÂvmode = &TVEurgb60Hz480Int;
ÂÂÂÂ} else {
ÂÂÂÂvmode = &TVPal528IntDf;
ÂÂÂÂ}

Detecing Progressice-Scan and using Component-Cable:

CODE
if((CONF_GetProgressiveScan() > 0) && VIDEO_HaveComponentCable()) {
ÂÂÂÂvmode = &TVNtsc480Prog;
}

davedeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
every cover i try to download is saved as a corrupted png-file in my images folder. connection etc works, but everytime the covers are ony 887 bytes...and so the are corrupt on the sdcard. can anybody help with this problem?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did some 7.2 testing and all seems to be working correctly: Widescreen is detected (I deleted the widescreen setting in the config.txt), downloaded the widescreen cover correctly, settings are saved.

Great work!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So how does the widescreen detect feature work?

I can just run the dol file and it auto detects if my tv is widescreen?

Also do i still have to have widescreen images on my sd card or can i use the standard ones still?

And does my background image have to be in widescreen format or will the auto detect feature make it widescreen for me if it dectects widescreen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k