Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

waxlabo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying out the installation from 1.5 right now and it's really nice... can't wait to get a 1.5 in the 7.x
biggrin.gif

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PNo4 said:
hungyip84 said:
And for the auto-widescreen detection, it's done by the libogc library. It seems to be able to detect the screen ratio. I will let you guys to test on it.

Much more wide in 7.2 then in "manual" 7.1 config =/

The manual mode was wrong to begin with. I had bosted the true dimensions early on. The other thing that needs to be understood is the cover art work should not have to be resized or stretched at all. It is the background that should be 16:9 with the cover art box remaining the same aspect that the covers were created in. While I am a coder by career, my hobby is video and photography. So it was interesting watching everyone wanting to resize the covers.

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Where is the Sourcecode?

GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE V2 said:
For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether
gratis or for a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that
you have. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the
source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their
rights.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
dun4cheap said:
PNo4 said:
hungyip84 said:
And for the auto-widescreen detection, it's done by the libogc library. It seems to be able to detect the screen ratio. I will let you guys to test on it.

The manual mode was wrong to begin with. I had bosted the true dimensions early on. The other thing that needs to be understood is the cover art work should not have to be resized or stretched at all. It is the background that should be 16:9 with the cover art box remaining the same aspect that the covers were created in. While I am a coder by career, my hobby is video and photography. So it was interesting watching everyone wanting to resize the covers.

I still find it all quite confusing. I designed my background in 853 x 480 and resized to 640x480 for the file on SD. The loader stretched that to full widescreen.
Is that the correct way? If not, then what is?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
for people reading who are curious about the jargon or termonology source code is just the original code
wink.gif

and if you see the words Open source or the phrase under GPL that just means it is a freely distributed and edited code also GPL is just a general public license agreement
smile.gif
hope that helps lamen things up a bit for spectators ect...

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dun4cheap said:
PNo4 said:

1. The manual mode was wrong to begin with.
2. I had bosted the true dimensions early on.
3. The other thing that needs to be understood is the cover art work should not have to be resized or stretched at all.
4. It is the background that should be 16:9 with the cover art box remaining the same aspect that the covers were created in.
5. While I am a coder by career, my hobby is video and photography. So it was interesting watching everyone wanting to resize the covers.

1. Wrong or not, it what all homebrew program uses.
2. Remind me, for what i know it it 640x480 for 4:3, 853x480 for 16:9.
3. Agree.
4. Agree, problem is the Loader program do not have 2 separate graphical layers, stretching the background = stretching the cover for now.

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vettacossx said:
for people reading who are curious about the jargon or termonology source code is just the original code
wink.gif

and if you see the words Open source or the phrase under GPL that just means it is a freely distributed and edited code also GPL is just a general public license agreement
smile.gif

If you change something that is licenced under the GPL you have to republish it with the new source!

idane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
fabi280 said:
vettacossx said:
wink.gif

smile.gif

If you change something that is licenced under the GPL you have to republish it with the new source!

Actually, AFAIK, GPL'd code can be freely changed, and a copy of the source must be distributed along with the binary. If someone gets some GPL'd code and modifies it for personal use, they are not required to distribute the code.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
idane said:
fabi280 said:
vettacossx said:
wink.gif

smile.gif

Actually, AFAIK, GPL'd code can be freely changed, and a copy of the source must be distributed along with the binary. If someone gets some GPL'd code and modifies it for personal use, they are not required to distribute the code.
Though this isn't really for personal use if you're uploading it for others.

FUN FACT: GPL software can also be sold, but you must provide the source code if asked.

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
idane said:
fabi280 said:
vettacossx said:
wink.gif

smile.gif

Yeah exactly, if you just use it yourself, you dont have to republish it with the source.
Sorry for the mistake

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
idane said:
fabi280 said:
vettacossx said:
wink.gif

smile.gif

They must if it's gpl v3.

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
dun4cheap said:
PNo4 said:
hungyip84 said:

Im getting confused now.

Do we need the 16x9 cover arts?, and whats the standard going to be for widescreen, use the 16x9 cover art, or use the standard version?.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop doing drugs