Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zorglub07 said:
Please contribute to the titles.txt here on the Wiki this way everyone can benefit from it
smile.gif

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Loader_titles.txt
To solve the "European names" and "personal preferences for names" dilemma, I will post a thread about it shortly.

very good idea
smile.gif

i was waiting for something like that

data0002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all who replayed to me about using a forwarder with the preloader. i have now got that working, but will not read the config.txt and title.txt file from preloader, but is reads from normal boot.

Thanks

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
data0002 said:
Thanks for all who replayed to me about using a forwarder with the preloader. i have now got that working, but will not read the config.txt and title.txt file from preloader, but is reads from normal boot.

Thanks

which forwarder are you using?

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Oops said:
really, how many cover size? How many screen size? How many possible combination?

4:3

PAL 50hz
or
PAL 60hz
or
ntsc 60hz (may be of identical size to PAL 60hz. I'm not sure.)

and

16:9

PAL 50hz
or
PAL 60hz
or
ntsc (may be of identical size to PAL 60hz. I'm not sure.)

4 covers and 4 screen seize?

someone might make a table please?

why not implement 50hz and 60hz in the next version?

As long as the aspect ratios are good then we won't need that many versions. Just make the backgrounds slightly bigger and everyone should be able to use them (Neorame said 2% added to vertical). The covers should be for the most part fine in just 160x225 for 4:3 and 130x225 for 16x9 (even if they shrink 2% on pal they should be the correct aspect ratio) So a background with 2% added to the vertical line of the finished image (480 + 2%) Should work for all users, and box art gets the same shrink so it should line up as well for all. So 2 version should work for "most" users if done this way
smile.gif

Could one of you background making ninja's try this idea: Start with an image 790x490 (with 130x225 for covers), make your background (try to stay away from the edge a bit, the 2% gets cut for ntsc) then when your all done with the background, resize it to 640x490, then if as many pal/ntsc widescreen users could test how that works out we could have our new (and only needing 1) widescreen background standard
smile.gif

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squablo said:
I posted about this problem a few times on this thread, but it seemed like either nobody was interested, or I was the only one have a problem. Now I see that I am not the only one here with the problem.

For me, It seems like the config.txt is being read, but titles.txt is not being read, no matter where I put it

Anyone have any idea why this would be the case?

are your config.txt and titles.txt with the dol or somewhere else?
also is it with the current version its happening or and older one?

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just redownloaded it from the front page and the dol is a few kb different in size
i will let you know if this fixes it

ps it was a dol download last time not a rar

Oops

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I made a new background in 16:9 for my son. (cover size 120x220 in automatic resize!!??)

narutowfinal.png

edit: corrected line. ^^

widescreen = 1
console_coords=260,48,336,316
covers_coords=36,128

Some of you may be interested.
yay.gif

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
evvil said:
Could one of you background making ninja's try this idea: Start with an image 790x490 (with 130x225 for covers), make your background (try to stay away from the edge a bit, the 2% gets cut for ntsc) then when your all done with the background, resize it to 640x490, then if as many pal/ntsc widescreen users could test how that works out we could have our new (and only needing 1) widescreen background standard
smile.gif

yes but doesnt 50Hz need to be bigger , to avoid the black band ? eg.

QUOTE(jarock @ Apr 16 2009, 09:26 PM) Here is a 50hz template for black line problem.
Based on these coords:

console_coords=40,98,350,285
covers_coords=482,135

Its widescreen 853x550.
Resize after you are finished to 640x550.
A small note: I find it's much better to add your text and button text after you have resized, as doing so before then resizing and then stretching in the loader again seems to have more blur. Now thats just my view.

Also 550 pixels seems to have a better fit for me some others 530 pixels. I would recommend doing the 550 and just keep from text running into the last 20 pixels, just the theme and colour. This way your background will be more compatible and be suitable for both.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 17 2009, 06:13 AM)
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 17 2009, 12:05 PM) as i say its fine for 480i/ 480p NTSC/PAL

But not for Default Pal settings..

looks like I am going to have to get a componant cable as 480i looks pap on my hdtv...

Im viewing mine through the component cable

yeh why you get the same set up as NTSC resoloution with that... 480i/480p, hence why I said after correcting myself you will view the covers ok.. @ 130 x225

deafult pal.. however won't.. hence my argument..

Deal extreme are selling componant cable for $5 with free delivery.. so that should solve that problem for me...

As most users (if not all) who are using a widescreen hdtv will also be using component cables (if not they should be) the 130x225 standard will work for the largest number of widescreen users. We don't want to make djtaz have to host 6 different box art sizes!

powaking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
Guys, here's newest bg. But this time in 4:3.
14m566u.png

console_coords=88,24,456,170
console_color=8,15
covers_coords=232,210
entry_lines = 3

I'm not sure about the coordinates, cos I couldn't test.
If you need to change the bold coordinates to make the console and the covers fit properly,
make sure you choose a value dividable by 4. Otherwise you'll end up with a black screen or the wiimote won't sync.

If coordinates need correction, plz post the fixed ones.

PSD of 4:3 and 16:9 version is available here.

Some reason the top of the console area is right at the top of my TV so I might need to trim this down a bit in the console area.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
PNo4 said:
@Oops

There are 2 (3) different possibilities.

1. NTSC 60hz
2. PAL 50hz
3. PAL 60hz (but this is really NTSC 60hz)

So depending on how you look at it, 4 or 6 different options when taking 4:3 and 16:9 in to count ;P

Yup what I was saying earlier...

Pal standard requires different cover sizes from ntsc standard..

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brownmurder said:
i just redownloaded it from the front page and the dol is a few kb different in size
i will let you know if this fixes it

ps it was a dol download last time not a rar

that was indeed the problem, it all works now
smile.gif

im guessing the dol corrupted on download, guess the moral of the story is dont download dol files that are not uploaded in rar so they wont corrupt

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smartpc said:
Hi,

Maybe a very stupid question, but is it possible to change all the png size at once or does it need to be done 1 by 1.

enrico

Photoshop + Bridge can do this, or if you want a dedicated program that won't take 4 hours, just google "Batch Image Resizer"... there are programs out there that will batch resize all the images in a folder.

smartpc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
zidane_genome said:
smartpc said:
Hi,

Maybe a very stupid question, but is it possible to change all the png size at once or does it need to be done 1 by 1.

enrico

Photoshop + Bridge can do this, or if you want a dedicated program that won't take 4 hours, just google "Batch Image Resizer"... there are programs out there that will batch resize all the images in a folder.

thanks

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
geedub said:
evvil said:
smile.gif

yes but doesnt 50Hz need to be bigger , to avoid the black band ? eg.

QUOTE(jarock @ Apr 16 2009, 09:26 PM) Here is a 50hz template for black line problem.
Based on these coords:

console_coords=40,98,350,285
covers_coords=482,135

Its widescreen 853x550.
Resize after you are finished to 640x550.
A small note: I find it's much better to add your text and button text after you have resized, as doing so before then resizing and then stretching in the loader again seems to have more blur. Now thats just my view.

Also 550 pixels seems to have a better fit for me some others 530 pixels. I would recommend doing the 550 and just keep from text running into the last 20 pixels, just the theme and colour. This way your background will be more compatible and be suitable for both.

Sorry I don't know much about 50hz so I guess 2 Standards then.

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As always awesome work going on guys! Wish I knew how to do this stuff so I could feel like I am contributing to the effort as well. Anyway just wondering if anyone has heard any kind of eta from Waninkoko for cIOS36 Rev11? I know it probably isn't top priority but when you have kids who like to play singing games that need the microphone it can become a priority. They want to know why daddy broke their favorite games not realizing the things they have gained in the process. Kids!

Thanks,

iamwally

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can I use the Loader 1.5 "Original from Waninkoko" to dump the Games (the new one dumps UpdatePartition, Channels and VC too of the disk) and play them with the UltimateLoader of this Thread? I think the new dumps will be better with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Each time psi lies his penis does in fact get bigger