Usb loader gx

bruhPreston787

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having issues with USB Loader GX recognizing my usb drive, and saw that someone recommended telling it to boot USB GX into ios58. I didn’t realize before doing this tjsy ios58 can potentially brick or mess up my system. I did not install anything to ios58 so nothing was affected however USB Loader GX would begin to crash each time upon opening, and multiple reinstalls led to the same issue until now it freezes on the beginning splash screen for initializing an HDD, yet it doesn’t crash. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This ios 58 cant brick your system because its nintendo originally USB 2.0 ios. Your loader is wrong configured or your drive has malfunction.

- plug your drive temporary to external powersupply.
- Get usb loader gx r1272 or r1272 mod 7
- Drive should be formated to fat32 and using MBR not GPT
- Run a check on your harddrive with Powershell and command chkdsk /f.
chkfsk /f /r will correct corrupt sektors but takes longer
- plug your drive in port 0 (wiiu -> back upper one, Wii -> back lower one)
- set in usb loader correct port, filesystem, single partition
- Try loader cios 249/250/251 with installed d2x v10 beta r52 (only support port 0)
base 56 => 249
base 57 => 250
base 58 => 251

Else:
- Use ios 58 as loader ios, plug your drive in port 1 (wiiu -> back lower one, Wii -> back upper one) and set cios 251 as game ios

If games dont appear:
- use correct game path and supported fileformat
- if wii games dont show up, check the box in usb loader gx for displayed games.
- to run some games it needs game cios with base 56 or 57 to be set.

Alternativ to verify the Problem
Try Wiiflow or CFG Loader. If they work flawless with recognizing the hdd and launching the games, it points that there is a problem with gx loader.

If finally nothing works, your hdd seems maybe not supported. Not every hdd runs well with it.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: bruhPreston787

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.