• Views 7,163,183
  • Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

mive

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
first of all, of course I'm aware that the emunand has to be in that dir (else the channels wouldnt show up and you couldnt start them anyway).

second. of course using /nands as toplevel folder is a way to avoid this issue. But why can I change the top level dir name if it affects functionality? if I have to use nands as dir name then I see no point in having an option to change it

last but not least I thought this thread is also about reporting issues/bugs, which is what I did (but I didn't test any other top level dir name)

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
first of all, of course I'm aware that the emunand has to be in that dir (else the channels wouldnt show up and you couldnt start them anyway).

second. of course using /nands as toplevel folder is a way to avoid this issue. But why can I change the top level dir name if it affects functionality? if I have to use nands as dir name then I see no point in having an option to change it

last but not least I thought this thread is also about reporting issues/bugs, which is what I did (but I didn't test any other top level dir name)
Sorry please accept my apologies, you have raised a valid point.

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just thought I'd copy/paste my feature request to the right thread, thx
Out of curiosity, are you able to detect the cios's installed to the various slots on the console? If so, I wonder if an "Auto" ios option that selects one that is likely to be compatible is doable. So for example, if a user has d2x base 57 installed to slot x, the auto setting would use it for COD, but the same setting would use the slot with base 56 installed when launching guitar hero games. I'm sure it won't be perfect, which is why you could still manually select the ios if the auto selection fails for some reason. Thoughts? Doable for a future future update?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @blackb0x I hope you are well. Any news on when the next version will be released please? Do you still have a lot of changes to add to it?
I still need to finish up a few things and do some testing, but it's coming together now.

@XFlak It's possible, but if I introduce a new cIOS option then it might upset some peoples setups since the default setting would become auto. Of course that shouldn't be a problem if the auto setting does a good job though.

Do you know if there's any games missing from this list?

Reactions: one-piece

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
These large majority of my games work with cIOS 57 in slot 249.
I haven't tested all my games but these are the exceptions that I've found so far.

The following only work with cIOS 56 in slot 250:
Ashes Cricket 2009 [R6KP36]
Disney Infinity [SQIE4Q]
Disney Sing It - Family Hits [SDFE4Q]
Disney Sing It - High School Musical 3 Senior Year [REYE4Q]
Disney Sing It - Party Hits [SDIE4Q]
Disney Sing It - Pop Hits [R62E4Q]
Green Day - Rock Band [R36E69]
High School Musical - Sing It! [RI2E4Q]
High School Musical 3 - Senior Year Dance! [RH3E4Q]
Karaoke Revolution [RK9EA4]
Karaoke Revolution Presents - American Idol Encore [RIEEA4]
Karaoke Revolution Presents - American Idol Encore 2 [RIFEA4]
U-Sing Girls Night [SUSPMR]
We Sing - Encore [SSEPNG]
We Sing - Robbie Williams [SINPNG]
We Sing [SSGPNG]

The following only work with cIOS 38 in slot 251:
SpongeBob's Boating Bash [SBVE78]

The following work best with cIOS 38 in slot 251 as they get USB keyboard support. They also work under cIOS 56 in slot 249 but with no USB keyboard support:
Animal Crossing - City Folk [RUUE01]

I also used that wiki page as a starting point for my testing, so my list is kind of a revised version of it. There are some on the wiki page that I haven't tested yet, I will do that and let you know.

Last edited by fandango,

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So Cod Black Ops, We Sing Pop, We Sing Rock, and We Sing UK Hits all work on cIOS 57.
Worms Battle Island, We Sing 80s, and Rockband 3 need cIOS 56.

So in summary the list is not definitive, I'm sure there are more that won't work on 57 which I haven't discovered yet. Hopefully not too many though.

BTW how does auto mode work?

Last edited by fandango,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I still need to finish up a few things and do some testing, but it's coming together now.

@XFlak It's possible, but if I introduce a new cIOS option then it might upset some peoples setups since the default setting would become auto. Of course that shouldn't be a problem if the auto setting does a good job though.

Do you know if there's any games missing from this list?
This list is pretty complete to my knowledge, I helped update it just recently with @Cyan 's collaboration. Perhaps Cyan has more to add, I know he was keeping a list every time he saw an ios issue get reported.

If ever the auto-ios function cannot definitively determine what's best to use, just fall back to the old default (249). In this way, it shouldn't upset anyone's current setup. If anyone has ever changed from the default 249, either on a global or per-game basis, then those should stay in place even if the default changes

Edit: and if the required cios isn't installed, or if the manually toggled ios doesn't align with the recommended setup for that game, you could display a pop-up describing the issue, so when the game fails users will already know why. And just in case we get it wrong, there could be a check-box to not show the message again (this may be overkill though, not sure how much hassle it would be to implement, just throwing around some ideas and we'll see what sticks :) )

Last edited by XFlak,

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This list is pretty complete to my knowledge, I helped update it just recently with @Cyan 's collaboration. Perhaps Cyan has more to add, I know he was keeping a list every time he saw an ios issue get reported.

If ever the auto-ios function cannot definitely determine what's best to use, just fall back to the old default (249). In this way, it shouldn't upset anyone's current setup. If anyone has ever changed from the default 249, either on a global or per-game basis, then those should stay in place even if the default changes

Edit: and if the required cios isn't installed, or if the manually toggled ios doesn't align with the recommended setup for that game, you could display a pop-up describing the issue, so when the game fails users will already know why. And just in case we get it wrong, there could be a check-box to not show the message again (this may be overkill though, not sure how much hassle it would be to implement, just throwing around some ideas and we'll see what sticks :) )
Would you please update the wiki for me as I have found that the following games require cIOS 56 and won't work with 57. None of these are currently on the wiki.

Ashes Cricket 2009 [R6KP36]
Disney Infinity [SQIE4Q]
Disney Sing It - Family Hits [SDFE4Q]
Disney Sing It - High School Musical 3 Senior Year [REYE4Q]
Disney Sing It - Party Hits [SDIE4Q]
Disney Sing It - Pop Hits [R62E4Q]
Green Day - Rock Band [R36E69]
High School Musical - Sing It! [RI2E4Q]
High School Musical 3 - Senior Year Dance! [RH3E4Q]
Karaoke Revolution [RK9EA4]
Karaoke Revolution Presents - American Idol Encore [RIEEA4]
Karaoke Revolution Presents - American Idol Encore 2 [RIFEA4]
U-Sing Girls Night [SUSPMR]

Many Thanks!

Reactions: ca032769

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for reporting and contributing to the list, it'll help other users :)
I'll add them shortly.
could you provide more information about what is not working ?
Not launching at all, or launching but microphone/usb devices not detected or working ? etc.

I see that all the games you listed are musical games, except for the first two. Though, I thought all "sing it" games required IOS57.
Disney infinity requires NFC devices right ? which makes sense seeing Spyro has the same issue.
but for Ashes Cricket, this surprises me :P

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for reporting and contributing to the list, it'll help other users :)
I'll add them shortly.
could you provide more information about what is not working ?
Not launching at all, or launching but microphone/usb devices not detected or working ? etc.

I see that all the games you listed are musical games, except for the first two. Though, I thought all "sing it" games required IOS57.
Disney infinity requires NFC devices right ? which makes sense seeing Spyro has the same issue.
but for Ashes Cricket, this surprises me :P
Ashes Cricket gets stuck at the 'creating a profile' screen at the start on 57. I'm using a UK Pal Wii, I suppose there is a chance it works properly on a USA Wii, but seems unlikely considering it is a UK Pal game.
Disney infinity needs 56 for the USB infinity Portal to work. Even on a non modded Wii with a retail disk it isn't playable without the portal, it asks that you connect it and wont let you go further until it is. During the game you place NFC figures onto the portal.
The others all use a USB microphone and although they start, the microphone doesn't work under 57.

Reactions: Cyan

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are 5 Skylanders Wii games and 5 different Skylanders USB portals. Sorry I dont have any so cant test them. But without a portal you cant play the games. The newer Skylanders portals support the older games too I think.

Cragdore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be feasible & worthwhile to enable USBLoaderGX to list and launch SD Menu channels, similar to how it can with NAND and EmuNAND ones? For those who used the Riiconnect24 utility to install their collection directly to the SD card, you either have to go back to the SD card menu or copy your select channels to limited NAND memory. Since EmuNAND is an option it might be redundant, but it would be a bit more user friendly, and would be another feature to offer. What's the interest in this?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BTW how does auto mode work?
Originally I was going to set up profiles for specific games, but I've found a better way to handle it and so far every game that I've tried works.

@Cragdore It does seem a little redundant though, since you're expected to use an EmuNAND. And by using an EmuNAND you can install and uninstall games from within the loader instead of using other apps.

Cragdore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originally I was going to set up profiles for specific games, but I've found a better way to handle it and so far every game that I've tried works.

@Cragdore It does seem a little redundant though, since you're expected to use an EmuNAND. And by using an EmuNAND you can install and uninstall games from within the loader instead of using other apps.
it's both easy and hard I guess.
The concept it's easy to understand and use, but can take long steps to setup as you first need to test and be sure each or your nands are working properly BEFORE installing wads to each of them.

A) first, create two emuNAND :
1. by editing the EmuNAND path in usbgx settings, dump your own nand, one of which will be your "main".
2. if you need neek for games from another region, you'd better generate a new empty clean NAND for that specific region with modmii, and put it on your device too, in another folder.
You could dump your own NAND and then set neek's hidden menu "region free" but it might not work with all games. up to you to test!

for example :
nands/nand1/
nands/nand2/

or
nands/mine/
nands/eur/

or
nands/mine/
nands/neek_eur/
nands/neek_jpn/
nands/neek_usa/

or whatever you like, as long as you understand what folders and subfolders are.

B)
Install ALL your games (working and non working) to your "main" emuNAND.

C)
install non working games (YES, again, install them twice!) to specific emuNAND (by editing the emuNAND path in usbgx before installing the WAD, or using ShowMiiWad tool on PC)

D)
display your "main" emuNAND in USBGX to display all your games.
select the game which is not working with your main setup, go to its settings, change the "emuNAND path" to use the proper path (for example, if it's a jpn game, you'll want it to use your neek_jpn folder).
select whether you want that game to use Full emuNAND mode, or neek mode.

you understand the idea?
You see ALL your library without the need to change the displayed path every time, and each game can use individual folders, and setup (full emuNAND, or neek mode).
that's just a lazy mode, you could just change the displayed path whenever you need it instead of installing all games multiple times and changing their settings one by one.

Of course, you FIRST need to setup neek properly, with proper video mode settings, region free or not, etc. and be sure it WORKS and BOOTS, BEFORE installing wads to it !
doing things randomly, or in wrong order, or in haste because you want things quickly and think you can skip steps, or following blindly a guide without understanding WHY you do something, is sure to make your setup not working. you need to think by yourself a little and understand what you are doing. if you don't understand and just "push buttons" because a guide tells you to "press A, A , B and A again" without reading the on screen info, you are doing things wrong and shouldn't mod any consoles.

To answer previous users from December :
if you install a WAD on real NAND, and move it to SD menu, you'll need your SysMenu to use a patched IOS. cIOS70 or cIOS80 based on the one you are using. run syscheck to verify if your IOS is official or patched. do NOT install random files for the wrong console ! do not mix Wii, vWii and wii-mini guides!
SD menu installed games can't be launched from a loader (yet). you might see them listed, but it won't launch! it requires a "game decompressing and installation to SysNAND" before being launched. if you don't have enough free space on your internal memory, it'll not work.
@blackb0x Gotchya, I was wondering since I came across this comment from @Cyan .
Is there a handy list/table of games that require neek to run (would be faster than trial and error)?
What is the difference between Nand Saves Emulation (Off/Partial/Full), Nand Chan. Emulation (Full/Neek/Partial) options? Thanks!

Reactions: jackdolphin1947

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_EmuNAND_Compatibility_List

For WiiWare channels :
use Full for everything, only 10-15 are not working at all and requires neek.
that list might be wrong as users reported the "d2x version" instead of the base.
first, try games with different base (56, 57, 37, etc.), then if no bases are working, use neek(2o).

Usually, based on most wanted games people want to play, Castlevania ReBirth has an issue, and bonsai barber.

For VC N64 :
Try different bases. If you look at the list, most games are working with cIOS rev17 (which were forced to use base37), so use d2x base37 too !
or use neek(2o) if you don't want to try.

For Wii disc-based games :
either OFF, or partial if you want the savegame on your emuSave Path (sd or usb), except for Zelda skyward sword and metroid prime 3.

EmuNAND channel is the setting and the folder where you store your VC/Wiiware .... "channels" (I'm sure you knew it!)
VC/WW's savegames are ALWAYS on emuNAND, the place where the channel's data is located.
if you set to Full (default), it uses the full emuNAND folder (games, settings, Mii, Wiimote sync, etc.). This is what you want most of the time when playing a channel installed on emuNAND after doing a full NAND dump.
if you set to partial.... please, don't. it's a mix, with mii and settings read on the real NAND, ticket from real NAND..... channel and savegame on emuNAND. it could be useful... it could be a mess ..... I'm not sure. you shouldn't bother unless you understand the consequences. It might require that you once installed the same game to sysNAND or it might not work. it's useful for .... maybe having the mii, wiimote and network settings read from realNAND ? that's all.
if you set to Neek, it'll reboot the console into Neek mode, if you have neek it'll stop at system menu, if you have neek2o it'll autoboot the game.

Full and partial and run from sysNAND, using cIOS d2x, with the base you installed in the slot you chose.
Neek on the contrary is using only the official requested IOS, in a full sandboxed environment, no cIOS at all.

EmuNAND save, is the folder where you have your Wii disc based savegames (only Wii disc !!!! not VC/WW Channels!)
EmuNAND save affects only Wii disc-based games. NOT VC/wiiware/eShop.
If you set to OFF, the savegame is on the console.
if you set to Partial, the savegame is on emuNAND save folder. You don't need an NAND DUMP in that folder, only the savegame will be redirected and read/write here.
if you set to Full, you need a full NAND dump in that folder, and it'll use EVERYTHING from there (Mii, wiimote sync info, Wii settings, etc.)

You can separate the two folders (emuSave and emuChannel), for example Wii disc saved on SD card and Channels on USB for storage space, or you can use the same folder for both.

Last edited by Cyan,

GaelMaverick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there,

After so long I took the dust off my Wii to try some Game Cube classics. To my dismay (and I saw too many others too), the button configuration goes from not very optimal to borderline unplayable. I would want to at least change the X button to the B button, The A button to the Y button, and so on. The "-" button clockwise configuration change, only works "once" (X to A, A to B), falling short still. Is that right? Since I am pretty rusted on tweaking with wiimods, what would be the easiest/most simple way, to get that done?

Thank you so much in advance.

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

After so long I took the dust off my Wii to try some Game Cube classics. To my dismay (and I saw too many others too), the button configuration goes from not very optimal to borderline unplayable. I would want to at least change the X button to the B button, The A button to the Y button, and so on. The "-" button clockwise configuration change, only works "once" (X to A, A to B), falling short still. Is that right? Since I am pretty rusted on tweaking with wiimods, what would be the easiest/most simple way, to get that done?

Thank you so much in advance.
This question has been posted on 3 threads, I think it has been answered here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/changing-classic-control-configurations-on-nintendont-gx-loader.602062/

Reactions: jackdolphin1947

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality