• Views 7,184,573
  • Replies 29,368
  • Likes 48

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The loader requests an IOS reload into the one in the meta.xml immediately on starting before it initializes the USB and filesystem.

IOS58 doesn't work on my drive. Forcing the USB Loader GX to start with it would result in the same issue I have with Wiiflow: it crashes. I have to force WiiExplorer to reload to IOS249[56] too or it freezes while writing to the drive. Any file that's more than a few megabytes won't make it onto my HDD.
Mmm so maybe I should just let it be then. Maybe setting 58 from the settings (meaning, no reload) could mess up my setup.
Right now I only use 58 to "jumpstart" the drive and have 249 as default from then on (loader and games)

Gamefreakblog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, that's normal you don't see the "game.iso" because it's in "folder selection mode" not in "file selection mode"
just go into "/games/" folder and select that folder. (don't enter in zelda or fire emblem folders)

it should be fine if they are listed there, it means the loader has properly mounted that drive and see the folders.
then what's wrong is one of your other settings.

either you have "favorite" enabled, and obviously don't have any favored games.
either you enabled category filtering, but did a wrong selection
or you locked the loader, and parental control is enabled and the game hidden
or you changed the settings to load only from SD instead of SD+Main in "settings>loader settings>Gamecube origin"
or another setting I don't think right now
Ok. I made sure the favourite star was off (it said I have no favourites), and the parental lock at the top was off. Here are shots of some of the settings. If you want me to provide an image of the full settings i have in a folder,or you have some that you can give to me to make sure they are right, then please let me know. It's just so frustrating that I am so close, and yet so far....haha. WP_20161124_008.jpg WP_20161124_009.jpg WP_20161124_010.jpg

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
no differences.
if initiating with 58 works, then you can set the loader to use 58 too. That's why I made the settings to edit the meta at the same time : if it works at init, you better use that same IOS later.

like greywolf mentioned, some users had crashed with 58, so we reverted to cIOS by default. but it might works fine for lot of users.
Now users have detection issue with new drives and cIOS .... I can't force 58 at launch to fix that issue due to the above issue... So I'll have to find a better way to "check if it works" without crashing, then try another IOS.

currently, it's fine setting that slot manually to fix the HDD detection issue. it's the better compromise.
So you mean my current setup. Manually edited meta, "default" in-loader settings.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Can USBLGX patch my WiiWare games for Wiimmfi without having to rip it? Because I see that option on the settings for channels, but after enabled, I still can't connect. I suppose this a Wiimmfi thing, so should I ask there on the Wiimmfi thread?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can USBLGX patch my WiiWare games for Wiimmfi without having to rip it? Because I see that option on the settings for channels, but after enabled, I still can't connect. I suppose this a Wiimmfi thing, so should I ask there on the Wiimmfi thread?

No, the files are compressed for NAND titles so the patcher can't find the URL. You have to decompress it manually, patch it then recompress it. There's a thread on Wii-Homebrew about it here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Gamefreakblog Check and make sure your drive is partitioned correctly. MBR/FAT32 with one partition has the best compatibility. ext2/NTFS doesn't work with Nintendont and exFAT doesn't work with USB Loader GX. Hidden or EFI partitions can confuse both.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
@Cyan with the informations you gave to me, i figured out how to get usb loader gx alredy compatible with cISO with a little workaround

-USB loader Gx doesn't cares about a game.ciso because of the extension that isn't supported.
-Renaming it in game.iso doesn't work because Usb loader gx, if the title id is missing in the subfolder will try to obtain it from the iso, failing because of the unsopported iso format, so the game isn't showed.
-Adding the title id in the game folder not only speeds up the reading, but avoids usb loader gx to get information from the cISO renamed in .iso, so the games are correctly showed because of the title id in the folder and the supported file extension inside the folder.
-Launching the game (in the end usb loader gx just sends the settings and the game as argument to Nintendont) it boots flawlessly!

The only tedious thing is to rename +100 folders (with the relative title id) and games (from cISO to ISO) but i can do it, especially beacuse i converted all my games to .cISO but using them in Nintendont is a pain in the ass, because i need to remember every single compatibility issue regarding widescreen and 480P forcing, while with usbloadergx they are stored in the configuration files.

Thank you again :)

Last edited by Zonta85,

razenxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Okay so i got a little problem.
Just updated to the latest firmware and updated the latest hbc and ios.
Installed Usb loader Gx from sourceforge and forwader too.
First problem i had was the loader was stucking into USB initialize and wii froze.
I read here that if you launch wiiflow and see usb then usb loader will not stuck into usb initialize.
That worked but then i had another problem, my usb seem'd empty still i had two games.
I reformatted the stick to fat32 and followed the same procedure to move iso as wbfs to my stick with WiiBackupManager
Meanwhile Also changed the loader ios from settings to 58.
Next time i booted up i didn't stuck into usb initilize without opening reflow and my games was there.
I downloaded the covers and in paper mario i also was seen the channel screen.
After i hit play i get a black screen and sometime later i'm getting back to hbc
Also tried with ios 250 but hadn't any luck.

Here's my SysCheck
I'm not at home so i dunno my usb loader version, and i know that latest isn't helping.
But If it helps i donwloaded before 12 hours or something from sourceforge.
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline Double_A R2-D2199 and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)

Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 71674848
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Greece (79)
Boot2 v4

Found 92 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 14 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[56] (rev 21010 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS251[37] (rev 21010 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6

MIOS v10

Report generated on 11/24/2016.

Gamefreakblog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, the files are compressed for NAND titles so the patcher can't find the URL. You have to decompress it manually, patch it then recompress it. There's a thread on Wii-Homebrew about it here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Gamefreakblog Check and make sure your drive is partitioned correctly. MBR/FAT32 with one partition has the best compatibility. ext2/NTFS doesn't work with Nintendont and exFAT doesn't work with USB Loader GX. Hidden or EFI partitions can confuse both.
Erm, yeah I don't know about partitioning or anything like that. I just formatted the USB stick to FAT32.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Okay so i got a little problem.
Just updated to the latest firmware and updated the latest hbc and ios.
Installed Usb loader Gx from sourceforge and forwader too.
First problem i had was the loader was stucking into USB initialize and wii froze.
I read here that if you launch wiiflow and see usb then usb loader will not stuck into usb initialize.
That worked but then i had another problem, my usb seem'd empty still i had two games.
I reformatted the stick to fat32 and followed the same procedure to move iso as wbfs to my stick with WiiBackupManager
Meanwhile Also changed the loader ios from settings to 58.
Next time i booted up i didn't stuck into usb initilize without opening reflow and my games was there.
I downloaded the covers and in paper mario i also was seen the channel screen.
After i hit play i get a black screen and sometime later i'm getting back to hbc
Also tried with ios 250 but hadn't any luck.

Here's my SysCheck
I'm not at home so i dunno my usb loader version, and i know that latest isn't helping.
But If it helps i donwloaded before 12 hours or something from sourceforge.
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline Double_A R2-D2199 and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)

Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 71674848
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Greece (79)
Boot2 v4

Found 92 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 14 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[56] (rev 21010 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS251[37] (rev 21010 Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6

MIOS v10

Report generated on 11/24/2016.
Erm, yeah I don't know about partitioning or anything like that. I just formatted the USB stick to FAT32.

So the problem is that now games are listed but they wont boot?

You're fine with the format, because as Cyan wrote ypu can access the folders trough the settings.
I want to try to send tou my settings file, onlynone question because i don't want that your usb stucks again: you had to change the ios loader value from 249 to 58, right?

Gamefreakblog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

You're fine with the format, because as Cyan wrote ypu can access the folders trough the settings.
I want to try to send tou my settings file, onlynone question because i don't want that your usb stucks again: you had to change the ios loader value from 249 to 58, right?
Yes, I followed the information to say change the IOS to 58. As soon as I did this, it read the USB stick through the outer USB port near the outside, where it was getting stuck before. I can go to the route (USB1/games) and see that the folders are there. I can see the titles that I give them etc (such as Zelda the WInd waker, Fire Emblem), but they just don't show up in the main menu. The few VC games I have on the Wii memory and all the stuff like HBC and other stuff shows up, and I can download the artwork for them etc. I just cannot see the games that are in the folders on the USB stick. So the stick seems to be showing (As at the bottom of the main screen it says something like 3.3gb of 7.5GB (so i'm assuming that the few GB taken up is the file sizes of the two games I have stuck into the USB drive, and the 7.5GB is the total of the USB memory), so there is something on there. It's just not reaching to the menu.

razenxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Yeah now my problem is that games are full listed but when i try to play i only get black screen and in a while usb loader probably crashes and i'm getting back to homebrew channel!

Last edited by razenxd,

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, I followed the information to say change the IOS to 58. As soon as I did this, it read the USB stick through the outer USB port near the outside, where it was getting stuck before. I can go to the route (USB1/games) and see that the folders are there. I can see the titles that I give them etc (such as Zelda the WInd waker, Fire Emblem), but they just don't show up in the main menu. The few VC games I have on the Wii memory and all the stuff like HBC and other stuff shows up, and I can download the artwork for them etc. I just cannot see the games that are in the folders on the USB stick. So the stick seems to be showing (As at the bottom of the main screen it says something like 3.3gb of 7.5GB (so i'm assuming that the few GB taken up is the file sizes of the two games I have stuck into the USB drive, and the 7.5GB is the total of the USB memory), so there is something on there. It's just not reaching to the menu.

This is my config files, i have only changed the language from italian to english and the loader ios from 249 to 58.
Backup your configuration file in your pc or just rename it preventing the overwrite (just in case) and then put the extracted gxglobal.cfg that you will find in the attached .zip file into the usbloadergx folder that is in sd/apps.

Yeah now my problem is that games are full listed but when i try to play i only get black screen and in a while usb loader probably crashes and i'm getting back to homebrew channel!

They are wii games or gc games?

Attachments

• gxsettings.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 118

razenxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is my config files, i have only changed the language from italian to english and the loader ios from 249 to 58.
Backup your configuration file in your pc or just rename it preventing the overwrite (just in case) and then put the extracted gxglobal.cfg that you will find in the attached .zip file into the usbloadergx folder that is in sd/apps.

They are wii games or gc games?

Wii games.
Muramasa the demon blade
and super paper mario

razenxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Are the iso from your same region? Have you changed any values in the loader settings like forcing video modes ecc.?

It was Pal from what i've seen,
Tried to forced NTSC once when i had that idea that maybe games are NTSC but that didn't work either :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: