• Views 7,180,086
  • Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

SenorValasco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with the latest USB Loader GX release. I hadn't upgraded in probably a year, and everything was going fine with what I had (that'll teach me to upgrade!) So I just upgraded to the latest v2.2 (r1100). It works fine when I run it from HBC, but when I try it from the forwarder, the screen just goes black and nothing happens and I have to cold boot my Wii to get it back up. I tried the latest v3.0 forwarder, even tried the older v2 forwarder, and even tried the latest channel install. Also tried stepping down to the previous version of USB Loader GX v2.1. Used Wad Manager v1.7 to install the forwarder.

I'm on 4.2u, cIOS 249.

I also tried having it load via the Priiloader, and that doesn't work either. When I install the DOL from the copy of the boot.dol that I placed in the root, it installs, but then when I try to run it the screen stays the white priiloader color and nothing happens.

I can't help but think these two issues are related. Again, everything works great when I run it from HBC. And everything ran great (even via the forwarder) before upgrading GX.

Any ideas?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have HBC 1.0.8?
Do you have IOS58?
I don't remember if it was added with system menu 4.2 or 4.3

The forwarder and the channel requires IOS58.
The latest forwarder reads Meta.xml arguments, be sure to have meta.xml file in apps/usbloader_gx/ folder too.

If it was an IOS problem, it should probably reset the Wii instead of freezing.

Try deleting all usbloaderGX config files from your SD card.

SenorValasco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much Cyan, that was it. I was on HBC 1.0.8, but it was IOS61. I installed IOS58, reinstalled HBC and all is good now.

It didn't fix the priiloader problem unfortunately, but I haven't played with that much yet.

E

emulajavi

Hi,

If i click on the number of games i have in the usb loader gx, it gives me an option to save a list of the games that appear in the list in txt or in csv.

The problem is that i have more than 600 games listed, and when creating the txt file, it seems there's a limit of 500 entries or something like that, because it only list up to games starting with "s".

Could someone fix this in a release of the loader, changing the limit that exits to something like 2000 or 3000 games, so we don't have this problem in the future???

thank you!!

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a concise listing of your games you might consider using Wii Backup Manager to generate it. You can customize your reporting format to generate HTML, CSV, or, most useful, tab delimited. You can also pick and choose what information you want in your report. It can then be imported into Excel very easily. You can import CSV but, since some of the titles have commas, you need to manually correct that in Excel. I can attest that it works fine on drives with well over a thousand games stored.

nightwaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick thanks for the continuing updates to best USB loader by far on the Wii. I've just updated to the latest loader with the latest D2X_V6 and it all works like a charm. Why people bother with other loaders confuses me!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sometime, when downloading a theme and applying it immediately I also have a freeze.
It downloads the zip files, extract all files correctly except the .them file is extracted as 8.3 filename.
Filen~01.the instead of Filename.them
That's why it's freezing when trying to apply it immediately, it doesn't find the correct file. Maybe it's a zlib error.

Maybe we could add a check to see if the filename is detected and don't apply anything if not found or not named correctly.

UnlimitedHail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help here, just recently took my Wii back out after months of boredom. Went to update the usual stuff, I picked WiiTDB & it was downloading all this crap. What happens next is that I turned it off while updating or something I guess mainly because I didn't see a screen or any notification that it was updating (basically "froze" but I could still move the point around).

So now nothing loads; WiiFlow freezes at the loading screen, USB Loader freezes on a blank dashboard, any & all other channels as well aside from the regular Wii channels & hard copies of games. I swear, Wii has the been the biggest headache to softmod & just get worse every time I turn it on to do something =\

UnlimitedHail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
Sometimes the punishment for stupidity is immediate and harsh.
Not gonna help then don't bother saying anything, buddy.

Fixed the problem already, wiitdb.xml file was corrupted & just copied everything to a folder then reformatted the SD card.

joecoolinsc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am new to Wii hacking, but I am loving USB Loader GX. I have successfully imported all of my games and downloaded some. So far, all are working great except Call of Duty: Black Ops. Are there any known issues with this game using this loader?

The Wii locks up completely and requires a hard reset after the initial standard white Wii screens telling you to use the wrist strap, etc and the game indicates "Loading..."

Any idea which IOS works best with this game?

Thanks,
Joe

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to run this game with a cIOS based on IOS57.

If you followed ModMii's tutorial to hack your wii, you should already have it installed on slot 250.
if not, you can create it manually or use a d2x installer.

You need to install :
d2x v6
base IOS57
slot250 (or any other slot, but 250 is the one commonly used).

Then on USBloaderGX, go to the individual game setting (on the spinning disc, before running the game, click on settings), go to loader options and set IOS to 250.
It will reload the correct IOS when you launch this game.

You can also set all the games to that IOS if you want by setting the IOS 250 in the main settings of the loader.
Though, IOS based on IOS56 is loading faster than IOS57. Compatibility should be the same, so just set 250 for call of duty and keep the other with slot249 d2x v6 (base 56).

joecoolinsc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
You need to run this game with a cIOS based on IOS57.

If you followed ModMii's tutorial to hack your wii, you should already have it installed on slot 250.
if not, you can create it manually or use a d2x installer.

You need to install :
d2x v6
base IOS57
slot250 (or any other slot, but 250 is the one commonly used).

That's exactly what I needed. Working fine now. Thanks so much!

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnlimitedHail said:
dexter222 said:
Sometimes the punishment for stupidity is immediate and harsh.
Not gonna help then don't bother saying anything, buddy.

Fixed the problem already, wiitdb.xml file was corrupted & just copied everything to a folder then reformatted the SD card.

You're right, of course... OMG I did it gain! I said something
wink.gif

***There's no Q in said lol

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some help, I updated my 4.3U Wii with the Modmii d2x v6. Then I updated my usb loader gx to v2.2. I tried playing alot of games and they seem to work fine except the Metroid Prime Trilogy. The 1st game worked but the second game would not load up. My Wii kept restarting, I tried different setting but nothing is working.
Also is there away to turn the global setting off when you go into each game, some show global and others show different settings. I like when they show what they are set too.
One last thing, I have a Wii with a bad usb port and was wondering if there is anyway I can use the other port for the usb loader gx. Of course the bad port is the one that the drive gets plugged into.

Thanks in advance

plasmata

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For Metroid check this post.

I believe you can use either port now but I can't remember if you need to change any settings for that. If you need more than just the one port for microphone, etc, just attach a usb hub.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1)
You can use either ports with Hermes cIOS only. (so you can't use Metroid's Block IOS reload feature)
If you want to load from another port, either set the hermes cIOS in the main setting and wait for the loader to reload this IOS, then it will check both USB port.

To gain time, you can use argument in your meta.xml file.

edit it like that to load Hermes cIOS and check port1 instead of port0 :
CODE
--ios=222
--usbport=1

2)
Global setting is used to be able to change the global setting without modifying all your games you already changed your setting for.
For example, before the global setting introduction:
- you used IOS249 as main setting
- you go to a lot of individual game setting to enable ocarina (just an example), and saved it. The game is set to use 249 by default.
- Now you want to use port1 instead of port0, so you need to use Hermes cIOS 22x, right ?
- Go to main setting to set IOS22x and boot the game .... it won't work because you previously set the individual game IOS to 249! you have to change them all manually again x__x

Global setting is now used as default option so that when you change a single setting in individual game setting, it won't saved all the other thing as well.
But of course, you can set the IOS manually if you prefer seeing what you are using to boot the game. just click on "global setting" to switch the setting like you want.

If you want to reset the individual game settings back to "use global" (for example for IOS), just select "reset game setting" button.

3)
If you are using cIOS d2x v6, and your main setting for alt dol is set to "auto" or "default", then Metroid Prime Trilogy will boot like the retail game and the Block IOS reload will be ON.
If you don't use d2x v6, then you will be prompt to choose which Metroid game to play before launching the game. You can also have this prompt if you set "alt dol method" to "Ask on Launch". But you can't choose difficulty if you boot the .dol manually.

Try booting the dols manually one by one and see if the game/iso is working fine.
Maybe you have a bad dump.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noob question
I downloaded the the all in one package USBLoader_GX_V2_2_AllinOnePackage_IOS249

If I want to use this loader only from HBC, do I just put the apps folder in my SD?

or is there anything else I need to do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__