• Views 7,226,069
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes they are on the same Ios revision(21). I do have to note that i'm using a pal wii and the mario galaxy game is ntsc. I have my settings on force ntsc, english language and ios 246 to make it work. Switching the ios to 249 makes it not work anymore.

Hope you can help
frown.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try deleting the game setting for galaxy2, then change only the video mode to "Disc default" (or "game default") and save it.
Do not force signal to ntsc for the moment, let the game decide it's own signal.

Edit : What is your default IOS in the main settings ? 222 or 249, or something else ?

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyan said:
try deleting the game setting for galaxy2, then change only the video mode to "Disc default" (or "game default") and save it.
Do not force signal to ntsc for the moment, let the game decide it's own signal.

Edit : What is your default IOS in the main settings ? 222 or 249, or something else ?
I get a green screen now.

Default ios is 249

------- Post merged -------
I friggin got it to work. I had it put on force ntsc first. When you advised me to delete settings and putting it on disc default i got a green screen. Than I just added the english language, and now it works flawlesly. Thanks for leading me cyan, very grateful!!!

roysolid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi
RED STEEL 2 hang after it ask to place wii-mote and you press A

it hang in the load screen when the instruction comes

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
roysolid said:
hi
RED STEEL 2 hang after it ask to place wii-mote and you press A

it hang in the load screen when the instruction comes
I got the same problem now. I've been testing all my games now. Actually, red steel 2 does the same thing on wiiflow, so I think it's not a usb loader gx issue?? Anyway, does anyone know the cause and solution?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just launched Red Steel 2 (with wii motion + attached of course), and it's working fine. I'm in the game.
I tested it with cIOS rev17[38] and with rev20[56]. (that the only cIOS I currently have installed).
using the latest beta build r1074 (reported working fine with d2x v3).

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyan said:
I just launched Red Steel 2 (with wii motion + attached of course), and it's working fine. I'm in the game.
I tested it with cIOS rev17[38] and with rev20[56]. (that the only cIOS I currently have installed).
using the latest beta build r1074 (reported working fine with d2x v3).
So wait, do you mean that the wiimotion plus MUST be attached in order for the game to start?

albaboi123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi,
i haven't touch my wii in a while,
i updated USB Loader GX and now it's not working...
It's detects the drive formatted in wbfs but it says something like "no wbfs or ntfs/fat/fat32 partitions"

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
jaouad said:
So wait, do you mean that the wiimotion plus MUST be attached in order for the game to start?
Of course, it's an exclusive Wii motion+ game, like Wii sport resort, it needs the device attached. It's not an option like DSi improvement, it's a needed accessory for this game. (And it's even telling you that you need it when you boot the game).

QUOTE(albaboi123 @ Mar 6 2011, 09:58 PM) hi,
It's detects the drive formatted in wbfs but it says something like "no wbfs or ntfs/fat/fat32 partitions"
On that page you can "Select" or "Format".
You need to choose the option "Select" to select a partition from your drive.

If it's been a long time you didn't update, I recommend that you update at least your cIOS249 to rev17.
Then in USBLoader GX, you might have to re-download all your covers and Wiitdb file, as its format and path were changed recently.
If you updated to official release 2.0, you should also go to main preferences>Loader option> set the video output to "Game default" instead of "System default"

albaboi123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan said:
jaouad said:
Of course, it's an exclusive Wii motion+ game, like Wii sport resort, it needs the device attached. It's not an option like DSi improvement, it's a needed accessory for this game. (And it's even telling you that you need it when you boot the game).

If it's been a long time you didn't update, I recommend that you update at least your cIOS249 to rev17.
Then in USBLoader GX, you might have to re-download all your covers and Wiitdb file, as its format and path were changed recently.
If you updated to official release 2.0, you should also go to main preferences>Loader option> set the video output to "Game default" instead of "System default"

Here's a link to my syscheck...
http://gbatemp.net/t282050-updating-wii

It's still not working. When i click Select i get a picture of a wrench with nothing, the two options i have are to restart and to power off the system.

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Cyan, thanks for the headsup. Silly me
tongue.gif

I went through the whole list, and everything works now. You always learn new things when doing stuff for others it seems.

I'm gonna adjust alotta things on my own wii as well now lol.

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
albaboi123 said:
Cyan said:
jaouad said:

Here's a link to my syscheck...
http://gbatemp.net/t282050-updating-wii

It's still not working. When i click Select i get a picture of a wrench with nothing, the two options i have are to restart and to power off the system.

Try updating your Wii (the IOS'es) with ModMii

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed Hermes cIOS 222/223/224 following the guide at CompleteSoftmodGuide. (Installed using Hermes v5 [not 5.1] Used 249 cause it worked, installed them with the bases listed exactly)

I went into USB Loader GX and set it to 222 (to try and get Flingsmash to work, I read it has higher compatibility...)
I freeze at "Loaded cIOS 222 RXXXXxX) where X= a number like 65535 iirc.

Do I have to edit the config file on my computer to change the cIOS back to 249 to get it working regularly again? Is there something I did wrong with using 222 or something?
unsure.gif

I've had 2-3 games not work on me, and I'm just trying to get a better compatibility rate. What's the best setup to achieve this?

I'd also like to ask here while I'm making this post anyway:
I saw in the REadmii it mentions player.dol for getting one of those to work. How/Where do I extract that from? (For Wii Sports Resort)

bulldog7114

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When im playing a game and i want to quit to play another game i press the home button and it gives me a choice of wii menu or reset is there any way i can return back into the main menu of the loader

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bulldog7114 said:
When im playing a game and i want to quit to play another game i press the home button and it gives me a choice of wii menu or reset is there any way i can return back into the main menu of the loader

With USB Loader GX 2.0 you can set a setting to return to the USB Loader GX.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. Install IOS58
2. Install the Forwarder channel (UNEO) using a wad manager
3. load USBloaderGX
4. Go to preferences > loader setting
5. Return to : UNEO (USB Loader GX)

By default, games "return to" setting is set to the same as the global setting.
You can disable it on a case by case basis (like for Prince of Persia: Forgotten sands)

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another few curious problems I'm having:
Naruto Clash 2 won't work with my default settings, getting a black screen.
For some reason my Wiimotes don't like syncing at the USB Loader GX screen, typically only one will sync out of the 4 and sometimes it's a different one, like one that's charging and not even in use, very annoying, is there a fix for this?

One Piece : Unlimited Adventure: Stops at "NO SAVE GAME FOUND" , need a Gamecube Controller plugged in to even get that far, black screens without one.
Trying another dump of Naruto Clash in case the one I had was bad, although I doubt that.

Searching it seems many people played One Piece with no problems, haven't run into anyone with the NO SAVE GAME issue, just with the black screen issue.

I'm 4.2U so not having any PAL problems.

Naruto Clash I couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere to fix this. I don't have any other loaders setup so I don't know if this is a problem with all of them or just GX, I'll download CFG and try it there as well, and redownload it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, that's really strange.
I played all 3 One piece without problem (well, except that Unlimited Adventure freezing on opening movie on PAL console).

I never had to plug my GC controller to even start the game.
I never encountered the "No save game" error either.

Is your save file present in the Wii's savegame manager?
Could you try to delete it (move to SD) and let the game create a new one to see if it's working fine with it?
Do you have enough free block to prevent creating the save ?
Did you try another cIOS ? (I'm still using rev17 and never encountered any problem) maybe you could try another base for d2x (56 or 57), don't use base 58.

I don't have naruto clash to test it.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give it a try and also give it a try redownloading.
I had read I should use r17, now I forgot which one I installed, it might have been the newest one, might have been 17, I'll also check this and edit this post later.
Had no save, and have room still for savedata.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: @BigOnYa gimme change for a $20 pls. :):evil: