noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tonybologna said:
QUOTE said:
@tonybologna
The first post has not been updated for a very long time.
The loader is now at revision 1020 !
look for the latest beta (works with any recent cIOS), or the latest official (but works only with cIOS rev17).
There is also the latest officially stable version : 883

Well, I'm on v1.0 but I don't know which 1.0 I have installed. I haven't used an updated version since late last year. Heck, I don't even know which cIOS I have installed. It's probably been that long too. I'll have to check my SD Card to see which cIOS I have going. Which version of USB Laoder GX added the "partition" option from the settings page? Or, should that have been an option even with older versions because I don't have it? Thanks!

download r1020, and also go google cIOSX r21 (or r20) installer, use base 38 for best compatibility

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I doing wrong guys? I downloaded the r883 stable version. I renamed the file from r883.dol to boot.dol and over-writed the boot.dol from the SD:apps/usbloader_gx/ folder on SD Card. My version still shows as r600 from the Wii menu. When hovering over the forwarder icon for USB Loader GX my version hasn't changed. Why? I also tried to install the IOS38 v4123.wad but couldn't get that to work. Neither could I get cIOS rev21 installer to work.

I'm rusty on this stuff because it's been so long since installing any apps. What do I need to do in order to update a cIOS and to update USB Loader GX to a new version. I thought the method above was the proper way to update the loader but it didn't update. Does the cIOS matter?

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Throw me into the a similar boat. I just used ModMii to move my Wii to 4.1. It seems now that my USBLoader GX is no longer working. Even updated my ciso to 20b, and then back to 19. For some reason when I try to use GX. As in select a game all that happens is the Loader Freezes. With the Wii light burning blue. Should I try another revision of the GX or another Ciso.

I'm trying to get to a point where I can play Black Ops on USB GX. My legit copy killed my Legit Wii, and I sent to get repaired. Any help would be appreciated!

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try backing up your SD card, formatting it, and installing r1020

you'll have to reselect all your settings, but it should work.

btw waninkoko's cIOSx installer and do a network install

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well looking over some advice I got from Cyan! Went a head and tried the beta revision since it works with higher Cios. GX stop freezing and most of the games I checked work. Black Ops is still a issue. It gets pass the loading screen, and almost loads online. Until it gets stuck in a loading loop. I guess I need some other file for that. For now I'm going to try CFG Loader. It seems to work well. I was able to get Black Ops to work with my current settings. Thanks for now I will check back for some more advice. I really would rather use GX.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
TheWon said:
Well looking over some advice I got from Cyan! Went a head and tried the beta revision since it works with higher Cios. GX stop freezing and most of the games I checked work. Black Ops is still a issue. It gets pass the loading screen, and almost loads online. Until it gets stuck in a loading loop. I guess I need some other file for that. For now I'm going to try CFG Loader. It seems to work well. I was able to get Black Ops to work with my current settings. Thanks for now I will check back for some more advice. I really would rather use GX.
Did you update all your ios's except your system menu ios of coarse? Have you used your shop channel before?
And 1 last point BO is region specific so if you have a US game running on PAL or visversa you will not get online with out either changing the region of the game or getting a game iso for your region to enable you to get the BO update patch

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
tonybologna said:
What am I doing wrong guys? I downloaded the r883 stable version. I renamed the file from r883.dol to boot.dol and over-writed the boot.dol from the SD:apps/usbloader_gx/ folder on SD Card.
This one is good
smile.gif

Though, maybe it's better to use the latest beta 1019 (even if it's a beta, I think it's stable enough to test).

My version still shows as r600 from the Wii menu. When hovering over the forwarder icon for USB Loader GX my version hasn't changed. Why?
If hovering the channel you see the revision number, then it's NOT a forwarder, it's a permanent channel with a fixed version. (you have installed r600 as a channel).
Launching that channel loads it's internal boot.dol (r600), not the SD card boot.dol !
You need to either :[*]load that channel, go to loader preferences, page 2, updates, and choose update the loader. IF it's a recent enough revision, the channel can be updated to 883 automatically (if too older, you will have to delete that channel or install and overwrite with a new one).[*]launch USBloaderGX from the Homebrew Channel. You will also see a wrong revision number if you didn't update the meta.xml along with boot.dol[*]Install the real forwarder for that loader (TitleID UNEO), to load the boot.dol from SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/NOTE : to check the loader revision, you have to go to the loader preferences, page 2, "About" button. The real revision and the currently used cIOS is written at the top right of the screen.

I also tried to install the IOS38 v4123.wad but couldn't get that to work.
This one is wrong. Don't install IOS through wad format. (more that IOS38 is an official Nintendo IOS, it won't help you to launch backups).

Neither could I get cIOS rev21 installer to work.
Do you have internet access ?
Run cIOS rev21 installer, select a cIOS (IOS249 or 236 if you have it) when it asks which IOS you want to use to allow the installer to work (DON'T use IOS38 here, you need a cIOS with nand access), then select online installation, choose the slot you want to install (249) then the base (38 or 56 or 57), wait, done.

if you don't have internet acess :
put your IOS38 wad file (with the correct naming from nintendo server) on the root of your SD card.
Run cIOS rev21 installer, select cIOS to use to provide main function to the program, then select SD card installation, choose the slot you want to install (249) then the base (38 or 56 or 57), wait, done.

QUOTE(TheWon @ Dec 28 2010, 06:11 AM) Throw me into the a similar boat. I just used ModMii to move my Wii to 4.1. It seems now that my USBLoader GX is no longer working. Even updated my cIOS to 20b, and then back to 19. For some reason when I try to use GX. As in select a game all that happens is the Loader Freezes. With the Wii light burning blue. Should I try another revision of the GX or another Ciso.

I'm trying to get to a point where I can play Black Ops on USB GX. My legit copy killed my Legit Wii, and I sent to get repaired. Any help would be appreciated!
The loader only rely on it's own revision and the cIOS you use. (other things, like system menu version, as nothing to do).
Using r1019, and deleting all your config files first if you updated from a version < r1000, should be enough. (cIOS selection has changed recently, instead of 1 to 4, it's now using the real slot number 249, etc.)
Don't use cIOS r19. install r20 or r21 instead. if you want to play Black Ops, install a cIOS with base 57.
Check before launching the game that is use the correct cIOS slot.

If you install cIOS r21, don't use base 58.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If hovering the channel you see the revision number, then it's NOT a forwarder, it's a permanent channel with a fixed version. (you have installed r600 as a channel).
Launching that channel loads it's internal boot.dol (r600), not the SD card boot.dol !
You need to either :

1. load that channel, go to loader preferences, page 2, updates, and choose update the loader. IF it's a recent enough revision, the channel can be updated to 883 automatically (if too older, you will have to delete that channel or install and overwrite with a new one).
2. launch USBloaderGX from the Homebrew Channel. You will also see a wrong revision number if you didn't update the meta.xml along with boot.dol
3. Install the real forwarder for that loader (TitleID UNEO), to load the boot.dol from SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/

NOTE : to check the loader revision, you have to go to the loader preferences, page 2, "About" button. The real revision and the currently used cIOS is written at the top right of the screen.

I see on this part now. I have a fixed version(r600 installed) and when launching from the Wii menu it's not launching the newer version(boot.dol) that I placed in the usbloader_gx folder on SD Card.

QUOTEif you don't have internet acess :
put your IOS38 wad file (with the correct naming from nintendo server) on the root of your SD card.
Run cIOS rev21 installer, select cIOS to use to provide main function to the program, then select SD card installation, choose the slot you want to install (249) then the base (38 or 56 or 57), wait, done.

I'll have to choose this option because we don't use the Wii connected to the internet.

I swear I had all this stuff down back when I was doing more things to the Wii. It's just been so long for me since I needed to update/change anything. The only thing I've been doing on the Wii for the past 1+ year is adding games. I had no reason to be messing with updating apps or changing things. All the games have worked just fine. I just run into this partition issue and needed to make changes.

On the partition issue. Is there any way that I can just go back to just one partition now? I know that I'd need to back up all my games on the drive because the drive would be reformatted. I believe you was the one that told me I shouldn't extend partitions. Can I move/combine these separate partitions into one now? I'd just like to have one single working partition now. I have no use for a separate partition since I don't use the Wii for other type media files now. I'm using the PS3 now to stream/install our media files. Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Extending a partition size is not the same as an "extended partition".

Extended partition is a type of partition which act as a container for other multiple partition.

A HDD can only have 4 partitions.
If you need more partitions, you need to use a special one acting as a container (called an "Extended partition") :
primary1, primary2, [partition 1 in extended, partition 2 in extended, partition x in extended, ... etc.].
This example make 3 real partition on the drive (primary 1, 2 and extended).
Well, that is what you don't want to use with WBFS partition format.

What you can do though, is "extending" the first partition size.
delete the 2nd partition, then choose to make the first partition bigger. Your data on the 1st FAT32 partition won't be deleted (if you don't make any mistake).

About the cIOS installer, download the official IOS 38, 56, 57, etc. using NUS program on your computer, it will have the correct filename. put them on your SD card.

@Monster :
1020 = 1019 with unneeded source file deleted. (no change in the program).
http://www.mediafire.com/?q58lv183cjlub57

Monster212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Extending a partition size is not the same as an "extended partition".

Extended partition is a type of partition which act as a container for other multiple partition.

a drive can have only 4 primary partition.
If you want more partition, you need to use "extended" one :
primary1, primary2, extended partition contains [partition 1 in extended, partition 2 in extended, partition x, ... etc.]
Well, that is what you don't want to use.

delete the 2nd partition, then choose to make the first partition bigger. Your data on the 1st FAT32 partition won't be deleted (if you don't make any mistake).

About the cIOS installer, download the official IOS 38, 56, 57, etc. using NUS program on your computer, it will have the correct filename. put them on your SD card.

@Monster :
1020 = 1019 with unneeded source file deleted. (no change in the program).
http://www.mediafire.com/?q58lv183cjlub57

ty very much Cyan

doncaruana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster212 said:
anyone have a link to r1020??? or if a newer version is out... then this now

thanks

There's a thread on spiffy360 where updates are posted and that's the only source I know of.

Just a couple of hours ago r1021 was checked in a with a few fixes, but I don't see any updates yet on where a compiled build is posted.

If anyone knows of another regular place to get the compiled releases, that would be cool if you could post it.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

I'm gonna only need one partition so I will just delete the 2nd partition and make the first one the entire size of the HDD. Can I do that safely? Just increase the entire HDD into one partition after deleting the 2nd one without losing data? I plan on using EASEUS Partition Master.

BTW, do I need to install/replace the Meta.XML file from the install folder once I get the new USB Loader GX version updated? I have made one to match the version(boot.dol) I'm updating to for the loader. Where do I place the Forwarder on the SD Card to install? I have a folder at the root of the SD Card called "The Forwarder Channel". Does it go in there? I have a couple forwarder files in that folder but for other loaders that I'd used in the past. Thanks guys for your help.

Monster212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just want to say great job with the work on the best loader out there. i am running 1020 and must say all my games work perfect and even COD: black works great..... nice job and keep up the great work...

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tonybologna said:
QUOTE said:

I'm gonna only need one partition so I will just delete the 2nd partition and make the first one the entire size of the HDD. Can I do that safely? Just increase the entire HDD into one partition after deleting the 2nd one without losing data? I plan on using EASEUS Partition Master.

BTW, do I need to install/replace the Meta.XML file from the install folder once I get the new USB Loader GX version updated? I have made one to match the version(boot.dol) I'm updating to for the loader. Where do I place the Forwarder on the SD Card to install? I have a folder at the root of the SD Card called "The Forwarder Channel". Does it go in there? I have a couple forwarder files in that folder but for other loaders that I'd used in the past. Thanks guys for your help.

I've never used that formatter but usually when you change the partition size, you lose all data, use a wbfs manager to backup your ISOs, then redo your partition.

you need to put the forwarder app somewhere on your SD card (usually the /wad folder) then use a wad manager to install the forwarder channel

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sotoro said:
I just got a "Seagate Expansion ST905004EXD101-?RK". Should i use the fat32 formation or format it to wbfs?

it's all personal preference. WBFS works great but it can only be used for Wii games. if you plan to use your hard drive for other stuff, either do fat32, or two partions: one wbfs and one fat32

dalx

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, today a new beta came out the r1021, with new arrangements, CoD BO loaded without problems using any cIOS with base 57. I tried 224, 245 and 250 and it worked without problems (default 249 rev21 base 57). I was doing several tests dimok helped to correct the problem. Test it and comment on any details to further advance the development of this excellent loader. thanks

r1021
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H2W0L1ZF
http://www.mediafire.com/?5pzy3t4quuzqpjd

Committed Changes:
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/detail?r=1021

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I've never used that formatter but usually when you change the partition size, you lose all data, use a wbfs manager to backup your ISOs, then redo your partition.

you need to put the forwarder app somewhere on your SD card (usually the /wad folder) then use a wad manager to install the forwarder channel

I think I'll just transfer all my games back to PC and then reformat the entire HDD.

I did place my forwarder for USB Loader GX in the WAD folder on my card. I then launched a Wad manager but it's not showing up the forwarder from SD Card. It shows some other WADS on the card but not the forwarder for USB Loader GX. I placed this forwarder on the SD Card.

What may cause that problem? I case you missed it, Cyan stated I had a specific USB Loader GX version installed as a channel. He told me to just place the new forwarder from the link above on the card. I did that but can't get my WAD for the forwarder to show up. I even placed the specific WAD on different areas of the SD Card as well but it's not being recognized.

Do I need an updated WAD installer/manager too? I don't know the last time I updated any WAD manager on the SD Card.
rolleyes.gif
Can I just remove/delete the specific USB Loader GX version from the Wii Channel and then fresh install an updated version? I really wasn't looking for a fresh install but if that helps me getting an updated working version I'll do it. Thanks! One other thing. I've tried to install new IOS versions as well but they will not work.

I placed three different IOSxx.wad versions at the root of my SD Card. I got them all from the NUS downloader app. I launched rev21 installer from the homebrew channel. No matter which one of the 3 wads I select to install I get the error= -1 message when trying to install. No matter which slot(IOS249 or 236) is elected it will not work. I'm sorry but I used to remember how to take care of some of these problems but it's been so long for me to need to fix anything. .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!