• Likes 48

Cluster

Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I tried to edit english.lang but russian letters are still invisible. Yes, I'm saving it to UTF-8. Seems like there is no russian characters in font.
Can I change default font by myself? Maybe I should recompile it with another font...

upd:
times.ttf from Windows works fine, I can see russian letters now. But GX Loader still crashes.

There is video (filmed before I changed font):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq9LW5gelWk

upd2:
Also there is some other bugs. Sometimes I forget to turn on my USB HDD before loading USB Loader GX. And it crashes. Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU5vd3k5ndk

Invisible cursor just after theme downloading via internal theme downloader:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq7DO5RNU4Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how long does it normally take to install a game from disk to hdd? i'm using a 1tb Seagate Expansion portable drive and a 3gb disk takes about 30+ minutes to install at 2mb/s. is this average?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
801 said:
how long does it normally take to install a game from disk to hdd? i'm using a 1tb Seagate Expansion portable drive and a 3gb disk takes about 30+ minutes to install at 2mb/s. is this average?

It depends if it is a retail disc or a burned disc.
Retail will install at 6 x read speed, Burned copy at 3x speed.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
801 said:
ahh ok thanks. yeah theyre all burned disks. oh well. 10 down, about 165 left to go. its gonna be a long week...

or you could use your PC DVD drive which would rip them at light speed seen as though they are copies lol, with the appropriate manager of cause(WBM)

ziggynr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

I have softmod my Wii using the guide Modify Any Wii 4.3 and belov. My Wii is on version 4.2e.

My problem (have seen this in the tread but have not found out what is wrong) is when I tried to load a game with USB Loader GX my screen go black. (USB Loader GX version 938.wad.)
I have installed it as a channel (not a forwarder). I used a Verbatim 47562 250GB Portable (Bus Powered) 2.5" USB2.0 External Hard Drive formated with NTSF file format.

I have used WiiBackupmanager to convert my ISO file to wbfs format. Have placed them into a wbfs catalog on the root of usb drive.
When a started USB loader GX I see my games. But when I load the games the screen go black. Its loads with cIOS 249 (find this in gamesettings)

I have this cIOS installed
2010-02-27 21:30 cIOS202[60]-v5.wad
2010-02-27 21:31 cIOS222[38]-v5.wad
2010-02-27 21:31 cIOS223[37]-v5.wad
2010-02-27 21:31 cIOS224[57]-v5.wad
2010-08-06 16:50 cIOS249[56]-v20.wad
2010-08-06 16:50 cIOS250[37]-v20.wad

Think this to
2009-08-23 06:21 IOS15-64-v257.wad
2009-10-08 04:22 IOS15-64-v523.wad
2009-10-13 02:50 IOS36-64-v3351.wad

In priiloader have I make this settings
Auto press A at health screen, Block disc updates, Block online updates, Remove NoCopy save file protection, Recovery mode press d-pad..., Region free everything.

Thanks in advance

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I tried installing USB Loader GX on my Wii. It installed successfully, but I can't get the menu to work. The menu is white with the status bar at the bottom. I know it can't be my HDD, because my mom also has a Wii with USBLoader GX and it showed up fine on hers, it also showed up on my friend's cousin's Wii.

I decided to try to do it by first loading up the Wii, then turning on the HDD but I got a code dump error.

I'm using 1.0 r600, the channel.
Address
00a163dc
00a162ec
00a162fc

Thanks.

Edit: So I found out that it is my drive that is the problem. But I don't know why because I was able to use it before on the other Wii's. Then again I formatted it a number of times so I don't know.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ziggynr1 :
Unfortunately, USBloader GX is not stable with all the cIOS you have. It work better with older one.

1-
You could try to use USBloaderGX revision 923 to 930, these are the revision where the newer cIOS was compatible (Hermes v5 and cIOSx v18+).
Due to some compatibility problem, it was reverted and removed. Though, some users said it's working fine, I didn't try myself with 938 + cIOSx

2-
If you still don't have any luck, you can try to set USBloaderGX to use cIOS222 or 223 (some games need the "[37]", like music games, and monster hunter tri)
Go to the settings/game launch/IOS : 222, then restart the loader.

3-
if it's still not working, you can try installing an older Hermes cIOS (recommended : cIOS222 [37+38]v4)

As you chose HDD partition in NTFS, you can't use cIOS249rev17, so there's no use to go back to 17.
You can only try older Hermes
frown.gif

4- but I hope you don't need :
4.a - use another loader (uloader, or Config loader)
4.b - use FAT32 partition (if you want to keep your iso in .wbfs). There's partitioning program which convert partition format without deleting the content.
when using4.b : You can use hemesv4 without problem.
4.c - use WBFS partition, then you can use whatever cIOS you want.

@Rock Raiyu :
Hi ^^
You are using an old revision (though, it should work too).
Maybe your theme is wrong (the bottom bar was later moved at the top). if you have anything in your theme folder, try deleting the folder.
You could try a newer revision too, I recommend 883 (best stable version), 927 or 938 (but few users have some problem with cIOSx as base with these last 2).
You still are using cIOS249 v17 or a newer one ? Newer won't work.
Edit : does your HDD+GX already worked on your Wii, or never ?

PS :
note to myself : I should really test cIOSx myself one day, so I can help better the other users. (but I don't have ntfs partition to test)

ziggynr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ziggynr1 :
Unfortunately, USBloader GX is not stable with all the cIOS you have. It work better with older one.

1-
You could try to use USBloaderGX revision 923 to 930, these are the revision where the newer cIOS was compatible (Hermes v5 and cIOSx v18+).
Due to some compatibility problem, it was reverted and removed. Though, some users said it's working fine, I didn't try myself with 938 + cIOSx

2-
If you still don't have any luck, you can try to set USBloaderGX to use cIOS222 or 223 (some games need the "[37]", like music games, and monster hunter tri)
Go to the settings/game launch/IOS : 222, then restart the loader.

3-
if it's still not working, you can try installing an older Hermes cIOS (recommended : cIOS222 [37+38]v4)

As you chose HDD partition in NTFS, you can't use cIOS249rev17, so there's no use to go back to 17.
You can only try older Hermes
frown.gif

4- but I hope you don't need :
4.a - use another loader (uloader, or Config loader)
4.b - use FAT32 partition (if you want to keep your iso in .wbfs). There's partitioning program which convert partition format without deleting the content.
when using4.b : You can use hemesv4 without problem.
4.c - use WBFS partition, then you can use whatever cIOS you want.

Hi

Thanks for the tips.i think I will try a older revision or load IOS 222.
I tried earlier a USB flashdrive 15 gig (Verbatim store and go) which have FAT32 filesystem on. I doesn´t work either.

Thanks again

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
@Rock Raiyu :
Hi ^^
You are using an old revision (though, it should work too).
Maybe your theme is wrong (the bottom bar was later moved at the top). if you have anything in your theme folder, try deleting the folder.
You could try a newer revision too, I recommend 883 (best stable version), 927 or 938 (but few users have some problem with cIOSx as base with these last 2).
You still are using cIOS249 v17 or a newer one ? Newer won't work.
Edit : does your HDD+GX already worked on your Wii, or never ?

PS :
note to myself : I should really test cIOSx myself one day, so I can help better the other users. (but I don't have ntfs partition to test)
I installed a newer revision, now it displays some question mark boxes, says I have 14 games (though I only installed one). Also says 0.00GB/200GB.

And I installed cIOS38 v.19.

It has worked on other Wii's, but I reformatted the drive several times.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh, it's strange that it detect 14 games
frown.gif

There was a "config file" update at some point in the development. but I don't remember which revision.
It needed to delete the config file in your config folder in order to create a good one.
you will have to re-set all the options.

Does it bother you to re-install cIOS38 rev17 ? (I assume your partition is wbfs)
just to try, you can always reinstall rev19 or 20 later if it doesn't help.

edit :
You can try to load GX with boot.dol from HBC to find a working version, it will be faster.
Then install the channel version from that same revision if you prefer this method.

edit 2 :
I don't want to make you change everything, but just for information, here is what I'm using :
HDD : fat32+WBFS (games on WBFS only)
cIOS249 rev17
GX rev927, using HBC and UNEO forwarder channel. (rev927 allow reboot into the loader when exiting a game)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, I see, so I stop thinking about the wii side ^^

is there only 1 partition ?
is it active ?
Which program did you use to copy the game on your hdd ? Maybe it's a transfer problem. WiiBackupManager can detect bad image. (Wit/wwt too, but it's a command line program)
Try transferring a second game to see if there's also "14 games".

Maybe GX have a problem if there's only 1 game ? (I don't think, but it's just an idea)

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
ok, I see, so I stop thinking about the wii side ^^

is there only 1 partition ?
is it active ?
Which program did you use to copy the game on your hdd ? Maybe it's a transfer problem. WiiBackupManager can detect bad image. (Wit/wwt too, but it's a command line program)
Try transferring a second game to see if there's also "14 games".

Maybe GX have a problem if there's only 1 game ? (I don't think, but it's just an idea)
2 partitions. One is NTFS, the other is WBFS.
I use WBFS manager to transfer them.

I'm gonna reformat the WBFS drive to NTFS and see what happens....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just remember something. Maybe it's not your case.

The first time I tried an USBloader, I used a logical partition.
Even after formating that partition present in the logical partition area, the USBloader could still see and count my old deleted games.

if it's your case, use 2 primary partitions, not a primary+logical.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I just remember something. Maybe it's not your case.

The first time I tried an USBloader, I used a logical partition.
Even after formating that partition present in the logical partition area, the USBloader could still see and count my old deleted games.

if it's your case, use 2 primary partitions, not a primary+logical.
I got the games to show up, it doesn't have all the question marks anymore. But now games don't run. I run a game, and then I get a black screen.

Edit: nvm, installed Hermes and now my games are working!

Fahennessy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I have a problem and it's been boggling my mind. I've ventured into usb loaders for my first time today. First I tried out Configurable USB Loader. After a hour or so I had successfully installed Hermes 222/223 onto my wii. I used Wii Backup Manager to place the SMG2 iso onto my ntfs partition on my HDD. CFG can see and play the game fine, however USB Loader GX cannot see the game and I have no clue why.

To make matters worse I don't have any other ISOs on me since I lent my entire cd case to my brother.

Softmodded 4.0U Wii
Hermes 222/223 v4 installed
cios249 rev 19 installed
used usb loader gx 1.0 installer

1.5TB Seagate HDD inside a Vantex Nexstar 3 enclosure (works fine on CFG)
-split into two ntfs partitions (I did it this way previously to protect certain data)
-SMG2.wbfs file is located on the second partition under the root/wbfs/Super Mario Galaxy More[SB4E01] folder (created by Wii Backup Manager)

I have no idea why USB Loader GX cannot see SMG2, and it's even set on the second partition. Any help is very much appreciated.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay here is my setup, that helped some people before.

* Fat 32
* Using LATEST usb loader gx version
* Beta revisions off so you wont crash when you try to update
* Gameload: Ciosx20 base 56
* Working perfectly

So.. try these settings and it will work ^^

Goodluck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1