• Likes 48

Black.Pearl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there!
I searched for a dark forwarder channel for my "DarkWii" custom theme, but I didn`t found anything that looks good enough.
The original channel is pretty as he is, so I decided to make a dark version of it.
Note: This version is unofficial!!

DOWNLOAD
MD5-Hash: 8d951a11878fac437b245c2146ab3997
Channel-Title-ID: DARK
Size: 2,56 MB (2.686.976 Bytes)
Startup-IOS: 35

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
D34DL1N3R said:
I'm completely confused with all of this IOS 58 crap going around. Will GX be made to run off of an unpatched IOS 58? Or any other loaders for that matter?

The first loader that can load iso and wad from usb without having any patched ios installed will change the game forever.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
smf said:
D34DL1N3R said:
I'm completely confused with all of this IOS 58 crap going around. Will GX be made to run off of an unpatched IOS 58? Or any other loaders for that matter?

The first loader that can load iso and wad from usb without having any patched ios installed will change the game forever.
It already exists - it's called SNEEK.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, it's normal.
NTFS is read only, you can't write on NTFS partition (well it's possible, if you don't care to loose your data, but not included).
There is no stable NTFS support outside Windows OS.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Cyan said:
Yes, it's normal.
NTFS is read only, you can't write on NTFS partition (well it's possible, if you don't care to loose your data, but not included).

Hu ?

Look at other OS, they all support read/write on NTFS (Linux, MacOS...) !

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OuahOuah said:
Cyan said:
Yes, it's normal.

Hu ?

Look at other OS, they all support read/write on NTFS (Linux, MacOS...) !
Key word here is "stable". Microsoft is mums on their implementation of NTFS, so all solutions are based on 3rd party reverse-engineering, nothing first-hand, nothing official as far as MS goes.
See the NTFS Wiki Article and note the sentence: "Details on the implementation's internals are not released, which makes it difficult for third-party vendors to provide tools to handle NTFS."

Sorry for going off-topic, blame it on Monday...

-[]D

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
biggrin.gif

Secret does not mean unstable
tongue.gif
and NTFS writing with 3rd party OS is stable. Not perfect like MS' way but nothing unstable. Unstable would have been banned from Linux distrib like Debian "stable" release.

Anyway, it is maybe difficult to implement a stable NTFS write in Wii language...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
toejam316 said:
smf said:
D34DL1N3R said:

It already exists - it's called SNEEK.

I didn't know that SNEEK can load games from iso without extracting the files or from a wad without installing it to fake nand.

SNEEK is annoying, because you need a copy of your NAND. Moving it to another Wii requires you to reconfigure the Wifi etc.

Also SNEEK hijacks bootmii, so you can't have both.

It's a nice proof of concept, but it needs tidying up before I'd use it.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OuahOuah said:
biggrin.gif

Secret does not mean unstable
tongue.gif
and NTFS writing with 3rd party OS is stable. Not perfect like MS' way but nothing unstable. Unstable would have been banned from Linux distrib like Debian "stable" release.

Anyway, it is maybe difficult to implement a stable NTFS write in Wii language...

Wii doesn't have a specific language, however it does have it's own OS.

Bugs or features of the NTFS code might produce more problems because it's running in a different environment.

On linux it doesn't get torn down everytime you run an app for instance.

FullMetalEnginee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gpt1plon said:
HI,

If I use the backup loader with NTFS partition, I don't have the install button "+"
Is it normal?

Thanks

Hi What version are you using with NTFS? I keep getting core dumps past 899 last time I tried..
can you give me a revision to try? thanks.

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
TwoBladedKnight said:
Daileon said:
Anybody is still updating this loader? I want to know if it's possible to add support to www.wiinnertag.com to the USB Loader GX. I've already coded and all, it's only to know the possibility to add it to the official Sources.
smile.gif

More information:
http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-us...t&p=3066071

How do I get this to work :| It won't update for me no matter what I do...

Do you have followed the instructions? Have you downloaded the modified version? The key you inserted is correct (remember, without quotes)?

Please PM me if it didn't worked.
smile.gif

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Anybody has experience to compile USB Loader GX? I don't know what I need to do, I compiled one version successfully but I must have changed something locally, and now every revision I compile, when I choose the game, it only returns a black screen.

I have tried all combinations of devkitPPC, libogc and etc to compile the code extracted directly from the SVN, and nothing works
frown.gif

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Homebrew channel and now when I press home and choose to go back to loader the system freezes.
Should I downgrade Homebrew channel now?
I love this loader and I don't want to go to Wiiflow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.