• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

Cherripez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question. Is it possible to use directories within the /wbfs folder on NTFS? I know there is an option for this for FAT in the options, but no clue if you can do it with NTFS.

CoolGeneral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi i have a question about the project: usbloader gx.
work anyone yet on the usb loader? The last time updates are hardly appeared.
I think the loader could tolerate some updates:

- Alt Dol Disc Plus
- Install & Play Wiiware Games like uloader
- Restart USB Loader (over forwarder channel) after Ending a game (like cfg loader)
- Read und Display Information from the selected cIOS
(cIOS - revision - Base IOS // e.g. IOS249 (rev. 19) - IOS57.)
- larger slot selection (for the coming rev. 20)

More Ideas can't remember at this time. ;-)

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
In fact, nothing official but nothing updated since some times ago
wink.gif

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm pretty sure that ridiculous hoops are needed for MH Tri to work, aren't they?

i never saw anything mentioning it in the changelogs. i switched to puneek just because of that.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quote from Dimok i mind you this was posted in an issue post on there siteand well he was very unhappy.

QUOTE said:
Because of idiots like you and comments like this the development stopped on usbloader gx and may not be resumed anymore. The devs are fed up listening to idiotic issues and problems that are no real problems but user errors or missuse.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
davidnlta said:
Quote from Dimok i mind you this was posted in an issue post on there siteand well he was very unhappy.

QUOTE said:
Because of idiots like you and comments like this the development stopped on usbloader gx and may not be resumed anymore. The devs are fed up listening to idiotic issues and problems that are no real problems but user errors or missuse.

also alot of noobs who just modded their wiis were blaming GX for bricking them lol, even tho GX was the first loader i used and have kept it up to date and for some strange reason its never bricked me lol mainly because its a loader and nothing more

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jazz926 said:
Hey Guys,

I'm pretty much new to the whole Wii and soft modding thing, picked up the Wii for my younger brother's birthday, and have been trying to get it soft modded.

I was wondering if my USB flash drive is set up correctly for USB Loader GX.

To my understanding this loader is one of the few that supports FAT32 and NTFS file system is that correct? So that means I should be able to load up back up via a USB which is formatted as FAT32 is that correct?

My USB flash drive is formatted as FAT32 using Windows computer management Tool, and have created a folder in the root of the flash drive called wbfs and I have placed a game in that wbfs folder.

But no matter what I do, USB Loader GX see my flash drive as empty, can anyone help me out please?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hi... What utility are you using to add the games from the ISO? Or are you trying to add from GX? If you are adding from windows you should look at Wii Backup Manager

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188...t=0&start=0

To set it up on your USB drive you simply format it FAT32/NTFS and create a WBFS folder in the root... like it sounds like you've already done. If Wii backup manager can recognize the drive and you can add games with it your drive is set up just fine and you need to recheck how you did your soft mod, added your cIOSes and what not...

nightwaxon said:
You don't need a folder called WBFS. Just place your game on the root of your FAT32 partition and away you go.

Since when don't you need a folder called WBFS in the root to use on FAT32 and NTFS drives? Please explain...

QUOTE(muck chucker @ Jul 19 2010, 02:31 PM)
Try adding the game to the drive using a wbfs manger.

What? Huh? Is there a new version of WBFS manager that supports the WBFS folder on FAT32 and NTFS drives/partitions? I go away for a few weeks and EVERYTHING changes lol I thought WBFS manager died when the WBFS filesystem became obsolete. I'll have to check it out. Where do I find this new version of WBFS manager?

Jazz926

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

just reporting back.

Everything is working
smile.gif

I manage to find an 160gb 3.5" External HDD which I am not using. I have partition the HDD into two partitions.

One partition is for Wii backed up ISO, whereas the other is for other files like works and images and etc.

USB Loader GX booted up my games fines which was stored on an USB flash drive.

But today, when I try it again with the 3.5" External HDD, it does not detect my games at all. However other USB loader slike NeoGamma detects and booted up my games fine with the same external HDD.

Does anyone know why?

I prefer using USB Loader GX, because of the nicer GUI and game covers and etc.

I have set up my external HDD using WBFS Manager.

Cheers

JCreazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know what the lastest stable revision is? I have tried doing the last 2 and they both crash when I try to add games from disc to hard drive

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The latest stable revision is r874.

All the others are working fine too, you just need to understand how the loader works, what your games needs, what cIOS is needed for what you want to do, how to configure it properly, etc.
For me, all the revisions are working fine, just learn what you are using, take interest in the Wii homebrew and Wii scene a little more.

I'm currently using r930, because I like Giantpune's option to reboot into the loader.
I played Pop with r932 to r938 without any problem, every games are working fine. (You can see my config in my signature, everything is working with it.)

The loader has no problem, if not its users.

I just read the comments on last issue on GX google code, I'm really sorry the devs have to deals with people like that
frown.gif

I hope the google code website won't be closed because of the users. It's sometime useful to check older revisions differences.
And maybe someone can continue or create a diff, if a new game protection really need it.

I liked working with Dimok when helping him improve the loader. maybe we can work again together, just ask me if you need.

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed HBC using xzxero's Modify ANY Wii 4.2 guide and I downloaded r938.wad. Haven't modded a console in a while so I haven't been keeping up with the revisions to USB Loader GX. Is there anything wrong with this particular revision or is there another that people recommend over this? Is it still as simple as installing the .wad through Wad Manager?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wCF3ywukQYA?si=6tm165dpnERzPwSX +1