dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue as kikoshi except that when I load a game it loads to a bit after the controller strap screen then gives a black screen. I can't get into a game at all. I know the ISOs I have are fine because when I burn them to a disc they play, and it doesn't help when I pull the images from an original disc either, same issue. They're seen on my HDD just fine (1GB FAT32, 38GB WBFS) the music plays when I see the disc, the cover art loads, etc. but they just will not play. When I enabled "autopatch" in the video I actually got in-game to a loading screen with monster hunter tri but it wouldn't get past the loading screen, I left it for a good 15 minutes and still loading. The system didn't freeze on the screen though it was just slow. On the black screen I get the controls completely freeze and I have to manually restart the wii by holding the power button. I have rev 938 with hermes v4 so I don't think it's an issue with that. The ISOs are NTSC, same as my wii, I'm on 4.2U softmodded and before installing hermes I uninstalled the stub IOSes (except IOS 251 as it wasn't mentioned but if need be I can remove it as well). If it makes a difference before I even managed to get this far I got a code dump each time I installed NSMB from an original disc and tried to play. A simple wii restart fixed that issue and allowed me to get to the menu, but then the problems started. Here's a list of games I have on my HDD (none of which start)

Autopatch video
Spyro: Eternal Night -> Black Screen/Freeze
Harvest Moon: ToT -> Controller Screen/Black Screen then Freeze
Dragon Quest Swords: Masked Queen and Tower of Mirrors -> Black Screen/Freeze (wiimote responds to home button)
Fragile Dreams -> Past Logos to black screen then Freeze (can reset w/ reset button)
New Super Mario Bros -> Varies (Sometimes menu, sometimes controller screen, sometimes "press 2" screen)
Mortimer Beckett and the Secrets of Spooky Manor -> Black Screen then freeze
Monster Hunter 3: Tri -> With Autopatch for Video: Loading Screen Loop, With any other video: Village Select then freeze

Default Settings
Spyro: Eternal Night -> Same as above
Harvest Moon: ToT -> Natusume Logo/White Screen then Freeze
Dragon Quest Swords: Masked Queen and Tower of Mirrors -> First scene then BlSc/freeze after using uLoader to launch and allowing game to crate save data
Fragile Dreams -> To screen calibration then BlSc/Freeze after using uLoader to launch and allowing game to crate save data
New Super Mario Bros -> In-Game, freezes after a bit
Mortimer Beckett and the Secrets of Spooky Manor -> Loading Screen/Freeze
Monster Hunter 3: Tri -> In-Game, didn't freeze but didn't play long to test. (usb, power adapter for ide/sata drives) you can use it. Just more wires.

danuk100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi sorry if this has been covered before, but I cant figure it out and its very frustrating!

I have been running games from a WBFS drive fine using an old version of usbgx (600 or something) and have recently modded a friends wii to also run them, however I formatted their drive to be NTFS so I could have 2 partitions, 1 for games and 1 for films and installed usbgx rev916. All was working great, films and games tested and working fine.
Problems started when I installed geexbox on their sd card (copied from mine)
Problem I now have is, after copying files from my sd card to their sd card, usbgx no longer loads games and just blackscreens. loader runs fine, displays all games etc, but just loads to blackscreen. After a bit of testing, I tried their drive on my wii, and it still blackscreens. hmm, so I then tried my own drive (WBFS) and that blackscreens too! Even tried it on the older usbgx (the rev 600 something one) and even that blackscreens. To my knowedge I havnt changed anything on my wii or sd card or hdd, all ive done is copy the loader files and geexbox from my card to theirs, so what could be causing the sudden blackscreens? Im running 4.0e on both Wiis.

Thanks! any help will be appreciated!

SinRG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having trouble getting USB loader to read my HDD. When I plug it in, it says that it cannot be found then lists cIOS249 and cIOS222. Any ideas?

dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
@SinRG try having your usb unplugged when it starts to load then plug it in, also try it with and without it being powered on. That should fix the detection issue. It also helps to have the latest version.

@Danuk this is pretty much the same issue I'm having except there were no file copies involved. Apparently USBLGx is pretty sensitive for no reason. The black screening seems to be a common issue and hopefully will be fixed soon. I'd like to be able to play my games without swapping discs all the time and I know I'm not the only one.

SinRG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dbzfanatic said:
@SinRG try having your usb unplugged when it starts to load then plug it in, also try it with and without it being powered on. That should fix the detection issue. It also helps to have the latest version.

@Danuk this is pretty much the same issue I'm having except there were no file copies involved. Apparently USBLGx is pretty sensitive for no reason. The black screening seems to be a common issue and hopefully will be fixed soon. I'd like to be able to play my games without swapping discs all the time and I know I'm not the only one.

This is actually a second Wii that I'm modding (using the HDD on from my first Wii as a test). I just tried the unplug then replug method and it didn't work, it still comes up as it cannot be read and then gives me the options of cIOS249 and cIOS222. When I select those, nothing happens, it just spends 30 seconds trying to re-read the drive.

Thanks for the help.

dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
What revision of USBLGx are you using? If you can put an unformatted drive or a FAT32 drive in the socket and let it load try updating to the newest beta version. That actually fixed my issues with detection so it's worth a shot. Also make sure its unplugged before you start the program. I'm not sure if you did or not so just clarifying that point.

SinRG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dbzfanatic said:
What revision of USBLGx are you using? If you can put an unformatted drive or a FAT32 drive in the socket and let it load try updating to the newest beta version. That actually fixed my issues with detection so it's worth a shot. Also make sure its unplugged before you start the program. I'm not sure if you did or not so just clarifying that point.

I first installed the one I have on my first Wii, and the HDD failed to load (this version was one from... July 2009). I then installed the one that is in OP and it also failed to load. I'll try to find a spare HDD that I have lying around--if it's NTFS, when I plug it in, will it format it to WBFS for me? I also unplugged my HDD, loaded USBLoader, once it loaded, it said it could not be detected so I plugged it in and nothing. Selected cIOS249, it searched for 30 seconds, and still nothing.

Is it perhaps I don't have a certain cIOS installed so it won't read it?

dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
I have hermes v4 installed at IOS222 and a IOS249 v17. When you update don't use one from here use the program itself and enable beta updates then download the newest revision. It should ask if you want to format or create a WBFS partition if your drive doesn't have one but that's only if it's recognized. I also have CIOSCorp 3.6 installed and the program itself runs fine (just can't run games and it may be my drive) so I don't think there's any conflict, just update from within the program. Use a blank flash drive or something, that'll get you in.

SinRG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dbzfanatic said:
I have hermes v4 installed at IOS222 and a IOS249 v17. When you update don't use one from here use the program itself and enable beta updates then download the newest revision. It should ask if you want to format or create a WBFS partition if your drive doesn't have one but that's only if it's recognized. I also have CIOSCorp 3.6 installed and the program itself runs fine (just can't run games and it may be my drive) so I don't think there's any conflict, just update from within the program. Use a blank flash drive or something, that'll get you in.

I need to buy a new HDD anyways, so I'm hoping if I plugged in any ole NTFS HDD that I have lying around, that it will format it then everything will run smoothly. Rather not go out and buy an HDD only to find that it won't work. As for hermes, I think I downloaded and tried cIOS222rev5 or something like that. I've just been trying to install different .wads left and right (essentially anything with 249/222) and no luck as of yet.

I'll try out the NTFS HDD tommorow and see how it goes. I still have a feeling it has to do with the cIOS, but I'm not sure which exactly. The HDD works fine on my first Wii using the old USB Loader, but when I try out the HDD on my second Wii with both the old and new USB Loader, it doesn't register. Strange =/

dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
Well if you're using hermes v5 that's why. That version isn't compatible with the latest GX release. You have to use v4. You need to install v4 with IOS222 (37+38). Then get into the program and update to r93* and you should be fine from there.

SinRG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dbzfanatic said:
Well if you're using hermes v5 that's why. That version isn't compatible with the latest GX release. You have to use v4. You need to install v4 with IOS222 (37+38). Then get into the program and update to r93* and you should be fine from there.

Is this what you're referring to?

http://filetrip.net/f8367-hermes-cIOS-2222...nstaller-4.html

EDIT: Downloaded it and did the 37+38 version, then I loaded into USB loader. It didn't register the games but it did load the HDD, so I went into the settings and upgraded USB Loader. Once I did that, it works like a charm. I get an error that says cheats aren't on the SD card, but I could not care less about that. Thank you so much for all of your help, I really appreciate it.

sotemptemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had hermes 4 and usb loader gx r929. I've installed hermes 5.1 and updated to latest loader gx r93* and every works. It just occasionally resets to ios 222

dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
@sotempt It's a little odd that it still works but hey maybe you're one of the lucky few who can get it to work when it isn't supposed to.

@SinRG yeah that's what I meant. Glad you got everything working again. If you don't like the error about cheats just go into settings and turn ocarina off. You can enable it for specific games if you do/want to have cheats for it/them.

Edit: btw guys, the issues I was having were from the drive I was using. Moved one of the trouble ISOs to a 4GB flash stick I have and it worked fine -_- guess I gotta buy an external HDD...oh well at least I know what's wrong.

RyderJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a known way to deal with Monster Hunter Tri on the loader yet? I've got this weird problem where at least 4 out of 5 times, I get a frozen black screen just after launching.

I've tried it with several cIOSes and fiddled with just about every setting, but the problem remains. Is it a known problem, and if so, is there a way to deal with it? I'm at wits end at the moment.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im having trouble getting Metroid Prime Trilogy (NTSC)to work. The game wont even boot up. Here are the settins im using in my usb loader gx:

Video Mode - Force NTSC
Vidtv Patch - on
Game Lang English
Ocarina- off
IOS - IOS 249
Parental control - 0 (everyone)
Error 002 fix - on
Patch Country Strings - on
Alternate DOL - Default
Block IOS Reload - off

Any help with this will be, as always, very much appreciated. Thanks guys

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
TudorBlue said:
Im having trouble getting Metroid Prime Trilogy (NTSC)to work. The game wont even boot up. Here are the settins im using in my usb loader gx:

Video Mode - Force NTSC
Vidtv Patch - on
Game Lang English
Ocarina- off
IOS - IOS 249
Error 002 fix - on
Alternate DOL - Default
Block IOS Reload - off

What cios249 version are you useing 15,16,17 dont support dual layer games change to Hermesv4 222 37/38 set video to disc no vid patch no country strings

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cobleman said:
TudorBlue said:

Video Mode - Force NTSC
Vidtv Patch - on
Game Lang English
Ocarina- off
IOS - IOS 249
Error 002 fix - on
Alternate DOL - Default
Block IOS Reload - off

What cios249 version are you useing 15,16,17 dont support dual layer games change to Hermesv4 222 37/38 set video to disc no vid patch no country strings

17. I have installed hermes and its still the same. Also having trouble with Monster Hunter tri. THis loads to the press start screen, then sreen goes blank and I get the whining noise.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cobleman said:
TudorBlue said:

Video Mode - Force NTSC
Vidtv Patch - on
Game Lang English
Ocarina- off
IOS - IOS 249
Error 002 fix - on
Alternate DOL - Default
Block IOS Reload - off

I dont have that option! What do I need to install to fix this? I have installed IOS222, 223 and 224, is this waht yiou mean? Im stuck good and proper ffs
ohnoes.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE