dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
@Tudor first try editing instead of posting again please, no reason for double posts. Now I have IOS222 installed with the option of merged 37+38 and it's hermes v4. I also have cIOS249 r17 installed same as you. You do have the option to change the loading IOS to 222 instead of 249 so choose that. Monster hunter tri works for me (now) with standard settings so check your ISOs and your HDD. I can't say anything about metroid since I don't have it but try with the settings suggested and make sure everything is how we describe it. This is pretty simple to setup so you shouldn't have any problems.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cobleman said:
TudorBlue said:
Im having trouble getting Metroid Prime Trilogy (NTSC)to work. The game wont even boot up. Here are the settins im using in my usb loader gx:

Video Mode - Force NTSC
Vidtv Patch - on
Game Lang English
Ocarina- off
IOS - IOS 249
Parental control - 0 (everyone)
Error 002 fix - on
Patch Country Strings - on
Alternate DOL - Default
Block IOS Reload - off

Any help with this will be, as always, very much appreciated. Thanks guys
What cios249 version are you useing 15,16,17 dont support dual layer games change to Hermesv4 222 37/38 set video to disc no vid patch no country strings

Just looking at my homebrew channel and the cIOS 222 installer I used, it says its for uloader. Is this the problem?

dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
TudorBlue said:
cobleman said:
TudorBlue said:
Im having trouble getting Metroid Prime Trilogy (NTSC)to work. The game wont even boot up. Here are the settins im using in my usb loader gx:

Video Mode - Force NTSC
Vidtv Patch - on
Game Lang English
Ocarina- off
IOS - IOS 249
Error 002 fix - on
Alternate DOL - Default
Block IOS Reload - off

What cios249 version are you useing 15,16,17 dont support dual layer games change to Hermesv4 222 37/38 set video to disc no vid patch no country strings

Just looking at my homebrew channel and the cIOS 222 installer I used, it says its for uloader. Is this the problem?

No this isn't an issue since the installer is meant for uLoader anyway but as long as it's v4 it'll work with GX as well. Also read my post above.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dbzfanatic said:
TudorBlue said:
cobleman said:
TudorBlue said:

Video Mode - Force NTSC
Vidtv Patch - on
Game Lang English
Ocarina- off
IOS - IOS 249
Error 002 fix - on
Alternate DOL - Default
Block IOS Reload - off

No this isn't an issue since the installer is meant for uLoader anyway but as long as it's v4 it'll work with GX as well. Also read my post above.

Its acually V5! does that matter? Also, I dont have the option to merge Hermesv4 222 37/38. HELP!

Maybe Ive installed it wrong! What is the correct installation method?

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dbzfanatic said:
Yes installing v5 matters. Download the installer for v4 and install. When you install it'll ask what IOS you want to use as the base, choose "IOS 38 + 37 merged".

Will it overwrite everything else Ive installed like IOS 222? Thanks for the help dbzfanatic. It is very much appreicated pal!

dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's why I said get the installer. It'll overwrite all the IOSes you choose to install (222,203,224) but you really only need to redo 222. Then just to make sure go into settings and return them to default (in GX), then make sure the game loads with default settings (go to settings for the individual game and click default) and it should run ok. Not sure about metroid (reiterating) but tri should work, worked for me, well enough to get in-game and run around a bit at least.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Way off toppic but I realy need your help. [email protected] over on wiiflow said that there is already code in wiiflow to check dvd/mount/open/etc for dvd, its part of the install/delete/format switch. Anyways, after that it should be pretty simply by what I saw in other sources. The problem for me will be applying patches xD.. So could someone please try and explain how to add and get a dvd button to start a game is done so wiiflow can do some of the wonderfull things that usbloadergx can do. Thanks again. the googlecode address is http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/issues/detail?id=7#c19

dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
So you're asking...what exactly are you asking? Are you asking for code are you asking how GX works are you asking how to make a feature that's in GX in another program...what do you want could you be more specific?

dbzfanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbzfanatic.netai.net
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I think they all have close to the same success rate. uLoader launched some problem games for me but I couldn't play through but I did get save data created and once that was done GX loaded the games same as uLoader. I can't say for wiiflow or cfg but you could always try and see how they work for you. I think you're still going to need to do the same work for the others you need to for GX except with uLoader you can use v5 of hermes.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still no joy in getting Metroid Prime Trilogy to work. Still the same, the game will not boot. I have downloaded in use hermes v4 222cios installer and selected Merge 38 with 37. Must be missing something out somehwere
ohnoes.png

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dbzfanatic said:
you did see where it was said IOS249 r17 doesnt support dl right? focus on tri for now.

dbzfanatic said:
im on 4.2U and everything seems fine but I say dont upgrade if you dont need to.

cobleman said:
QUOTE(TudorBlue @ Jul 8 2010, 02:46 PM)
I noticed in DOP-Mii, I can upgrade to 4.2, is this recommended??
You dont need to upgrade too 4.2

OK! but I must have missed something off and thats why Metroid wont work. Just tried again and its still the bloody same lol

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Did you choose Default and run through that until the Wii restarts? You have to do that once in order to create a savegame on your Wii. Then you can launch any of the 3 Metroid Prime games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol