Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
pepxl said:
madeirabhoy said:
pepxl said:
madeirabhoy said:
why doesnt the auto update work? im on 871 and have been for ages, and it always tells me theres no update available.

you must have "Beta Updates" enabled in the option for it to download every possible update, if not it will only get the most stablest rev available

now im really confused. I downloaded the latest .dol from the website, it says its 929, put it on the card and when i run it and go to credits it tells me im running 874!!! so i change the options to include beta updates and press update and it says none new available, so it still says 874....very strange...

it look like your using a Channel and not a forwarder, run HBC then GX, it should be the latest one if you put the dol there manually as follows ":/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol", if you want to run GX straight from the SM install a Forwarder and not the Channel

thanks for trying to help mate, but its a forwarder channel im using. weirdly though when i opened HBC there are two copies of usbloader gx in it, i clicked on the first one, 690something, clicked on allow beta updates, and it update.....to 974 again !

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
madeirabhoy said:
pepxl said:
madeirabhoy said:
pepxl said:
madeirabhoy said:
why doesnt the auto update work? im on 871 and have been for ages, and it always tells me theres no update available.

you must have "Beta Updates" enabled in the option for it to download every possible update, if not it will only get the most stablest rev available

now im really confused. I downloaded the latest .dol from the website, it says its 929, put it on the card and when i run it and go to credits it tells me im running 874!!! so i change the options to include beta updates and press update and it says none new available, so it still says 874....very strange...

it look like your using a Channel and not a forwarder, run HBC then GX, it should be the latest one if you put the dol there manually as follows ":/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol", if you want to run GX straight from the SM install a Forwarder and not the Channel

thanks for trying to help mate, but its a forwarder channel im using. weirdly though when i opened HBC there are two copies of usbloader gx in it, i clicked on the first one, 690something, clicked on allow beta updates, and it update.....to 974 again !

974?????????

damn, it's the gx of the future lololol

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
madeirabhoy said:
pepxl said:
madeirabhoy said:
pepxl said:
madeirabhoy said:

all i can say is delete any GX you have in the apps folder and start from fresh by adding the most recent boot.dol(r929), icon.png and meta.xml. All i can sy is you must have duplicate apps on your SD/HDD which you are booting instead of the r929 so make sure you clean your SD/HDD every now and again of older app versions

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the latest updatable version (r847?) and the rip worked.

I wanted to see what Red Steel 2 wanted to update/install. I couldn't find what it wanted to install and just did it anyway.

Anyone know, by chance, what it wanted to install even if you were fully updated to 4.2 (official update)?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
I tried the latest updatable version (r847?) and the rip worked.

I wanted to see what Red Steel 2 wanted to update/install. I couldn't find what it wanted to install and just did it anyway.

Anyone know, by chance, what it wanted to install even if you were fully updated to 4.2 (official update)?
Probably boot2v4. Did you have BootMii installed as boot2? If so, is it gone now? Don't worry, you can safely reinstall it.

Oh wait, official update. In that case, it would only be an IOS that it installed.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
With 929 i can load Fat32 under cios249 rev19 38 base and some games get a black screen ie GH5 on loading but if i load my WBFS drive it becomes non responsive.
So to get 929 to support my WBFS drive i need to set the Main load cios to 222 (rev4 37/38) no more black screen for GH5.With this settup though i wasnt able to rip games to my Fat32 but now after trying r899 r901 r921 by some miracle i am now able to rip Fat32 again with r929 very strange!!!!!!!!!

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Oh wait, official update. In that case, it would only be an IOS that it installed.
Yeah, that's what I thought but I did Dop-Mii IOS reports before and after and they were unchanged...
unsure.gif

It doesn't matter really. It's more me wanting to know what it installed.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
I've been playing an MMO so I held off a while, however I remember MH Tri not working before playing.

I just followed the advice in the few threads I found, but they're a bit old.

Is there anything special to do to get it working with USBLoader GX, or should I just update to newest beta and it should work? I searched this thread and the only time it was asked went unanswered.
Anyone? (Only reason I'm repeating this, is the only time scrolling back it was asked, it was also ignored and never answered)

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Pyrofyr said:
I've been playing an MMO so I held off a while, however I remember MH Tri not working before playing.

I just followed the advice in the few threads I found, but they're a bit old.

Is there anything special to do to get it working with USBLoader GX, or should I just update to newest beta and it should work? I searched this thread and the only time it was asked went unanswered.
Anyone? (Only reason I'm repeating this, is the only time scrolling back it was asked, it was also ignored and never answered)

I didn't have to do anything special with USB Loader GX to get MH Tri to work. I just followed the instructions listed in the forum.

I had programs installing cIOS 222/223 correctly, I think it was some type of connection problem between my Wii and the Nintendo servers. I downloaded the needed files using NUSD and then it worked fine.

Just remember to change the game specific settings to use the correct IOS.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Do the newer versions of USB Loader GX fix the spindown problem? I've never had any problems with it so far (only played about 10 Wii games on it anyway), but while playing "A Boy and his Blob" it's happened a couple times already that after finishing a stage and returning to the tree hut, the environment doesn't fully load, it just loads the background sprite. I've read that cIOS v13 fixes the spindown by doing random writes, is that correct?

Not Max

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geegee said:
I didn't have to do anything special with USB Loader GX to get MH Tri to work. I just followed the instructions listed in the forum.

I had programs installing cIOS 222/223 correctly, I think it was some type of connection problem between my Wii and the Nintendo servers. I downloaded the needed files using NUSD and then it worked fine.

I haven't had any luck running MH Tri with GX. Get the new game freeze using cIOS 250 (222/223 don't work with my hard drive) but if I try running it with Configurable USB Loader using the same cIOS it works fine. Almost as if GX isn't applying the game's settings and loading MH with 249. I'll try to change the global settings to 250 to see if I get the same results and edit this post.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not Max said:
geegee said:

I haven't had any luck running MH Tri with GX. Get the new game freeze using cIOS 250 (222/223 don't work with my hard drive) but if I try running it with Configurable USB Loader using the same cIOS it works fine. Almost as if GX isn't applying the game's settings and loading MH with 249. I'll try to change the global settings to 250 to see if I get the same results and edit this post.
If using Waninkoko rev19 use base 37. If Hermes v4 use base 38+37.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE(jono@home @ May 20 2010, 02:07 PM) anyone going to be brave enough to try and implement PoP fix for this loader ?

Maybe something like this could work ?
CODEbool PrinceOfPersiaForgottenSandsPatch(void *Address, int Size)
{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (memcmp("SPX", (char *)0x80000000, 3) == 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂu8 SearchPattern[55] =ÂÂ{ 0x7A, 0x6B, 0x6F, 0x6A, 0x00, 0x00, 0x36, 0x6B, 0x6C, 0x7D, 0x36, 0x7C, 0x7A, 0x69, 0x39, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x36, 0x6B, 0x6C, 0x7D, 0x36, 0x74, 0x73, 0x76, 0x68, 0x6B, 0x00, 0x00, 0x3C, 0x71, 0x72, 0x83, 0x3C, 0x80, 0x71, 0x76, 0x7C, 0x3C, 0x80, 0x71, 0x75, 0x70, 0x00, 0x00, 0x3C, 0x71, 0x72, 0x83, 0x3C, 0x82, 0x80, 0x6F, 0x3F };
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂu8 PatchData[55] =ÂÂÂÂÂÂ{ 0x6F, 0x6A, 0x7A, 0x6B, 0x00, 0x00, 0x36, 0x6B, 0x6C, 0x7D, 0x36, 0x69, 0x39, 0x7C, 0x7A, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x36, 0x6B, 0x6C, 0x7D, 0x36, 0x74, 0x68, 0x6B, 0x73, 0x76, 0x00, 0x00, 0x3C, 0x71, 0x72, 0x83, 0x3C, 0x80, 0x71, 0x76, 0x7C, 0x3C, 0x75, 0x70, 0x80, 0x71, 0x00, 0x00, 0x3C, 0x71, 0x72, 0x83, 0x3C, 0x6F, 0x3F, 0x82, 0x80 };

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvoid *Addr = Address;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvoid *Addr_end = Address+Size;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂwhile(Addr

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Just so you guys know, giantpune's return to patch is one of the things that makes PoP crash. That will need to be made configurable if you want any hope of running the game via any method since it was added.

Also, make sure you have a way to disable the disc in drive check and anything else that might patch the dol code area.

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
i just updated, i noticed 921 & 929 (& others i'm sure) have the loading screen, black & white text going on at start up (ie loading Cios 222, etc)....

my old rev never did this. the problem is the old rev cant read the WFBS partition on a new HDD, but the new rev can.

is there a way to Hide this startup text with a splash image or black screen?

cheers

chooch81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed r929.dol and now when I click on a game in cover flow nothing happens? I just get the 'click' sound and then... nothing.

Any ideas?

I actually have to hard reset the console before I can do anything after I have clicked a game :|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth