• Likes 48

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
uomopinza said:
Me too !

I've just installed cIOS rev19: maybe the problem is that ?

Is USB Loader GX compatible with cIOS rev19 ?

Yes it is,. I have tried R874 and cIOS R19 both with 57 and 38 as base. Works fine.

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to 'roll back' to an earlier version?

I just updated via wifi and now hardly anything works.. lockups, greenscreens, freezes..

We had no problems before..

piwikiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm still on USBLGX rev.874, which is the latest that my online update will deliver, and CIOS rev.17.

I've been curious about the absence of updates, but reading all this I'm glad I haven't updated further. My setup works 100% perfectly.

USBLGX is the best!

Aircraft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using USB Loader GX: GUI for Waninkoko´s USB Loader (based on libwiigui) Revision 921, compiled at Tue Mar 16 16:23:07 UTC 2010 with no issues from 500G WD HD. I installed Hermes cIOS222/223 v4 (v5 is out, but for compatibility with GX use v4) for use with USB instruments for Rock Band and still use Waninkokos cIOS38rev17 249 for everything else. I did not try cIOS rev 19. Maybe that is the issue. I usually don't fix unless it's broken.

mick711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Usbloader GX v921 work fine with all game i have with :

Wii 4.1 E PimpMyWii
cIOS rev19 (57)
cIOS 222 Hermes v5
HDD DanElec SO Mobile+ 500go(250go exfat + 250go WBFS)

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whats the current stable release? (non beta)

Also how come when using the channel versions the update feature doesn't work.I've tried it multiple times and it downloads the latest wad file but when it goes to install it i always get an error message and the channel version is totally messed up and all settings are lost unless i reboot the channel two times.

AtomBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
really hoping for some help

I have a wii 4.2E. have 223 and 223 r5 installed (as per recommendations) and 249 v19. games installed under fat32 drive.
All my games previously worked with v4 and v14, but not sure which version of gx
GX recognises my USB drive (can find both the FAT32 and NTFS partitions) and gives me a list of games.
Something somewhere has gone wrong. Regardless of which game or which cISO I use I always get black screen. I have tried version 914, 919, 921. all the same result. I have deleted the config files when changing revisions. won't work if loader initial cISO is 222 or 249 or 223
I am able to play RB2 and TB:RB with uloader 4.9B 223.
Any suggestions

Can some one pleas give me the set up options to play red steel 2 or mario kart just to make sure the global setting aren't the issue.

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AtomBoy said:

I have a wii 4.2E. have 223 and 223 r5 installed (as per recommendations) and 249 v19. games installed under fat32 drive.
All my games previously worked with v4 and v14, but not sure which version of gx
GX recognises my USB drive (can find both the FAT32 and NTFS partitions) and gives me a list of games.
Something somewhere has gone wrong. Regardless of which game or which cISO I use I always get black screen. I have tried version 914, 919, 921. all the same result. I have deleted the config files when changing revisions. won't work if loader initial cISO is 222 or 249 or 223
Any suggestions

Can some one pleas give me the set up options to play red steel 2 or mario kart just to make sure the global setting aren't the issue.

Hi...

USB LOADER GX not working to play from FAT Hard Disk with HERMES CIOS V5, here what to do :

HERMES V5 Installation :
ios202 -> Use ios 60
ios222 -> Use ios 38
ios223 -> Use ios 37
ios224 -> As you want (not really required)...

Remove ios222 with Anytitle Deleter Mod 6b

HERMES V4 Installation
ios222 only -> Use ios 38 merged 37

USB LOADER GX can be started with the following global setting :
FAT & CIOS 222 (so we have FAT working thanks to HERMES V4 compatibility with USB LOADER GX).

Hope it's help..

Crossing Guardia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question:

The Red Steel 2 save I used (and created I guess) with the USB Loader GX does not seem to be recognised by the retail copy. Both are PAL though, so I don't see the problem.

I thought saves were completely interchangeable between USB loader and disc, seemed to work fine with MadWorld IIRC...

Am I missing something basic?

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Is there any plan to add NAND emulation functionality to USB Loader GX? Like what uLoader has (run WiiWare/VC from SD, as well as save games directly to SD)? I'd love that functionality from a loader, as that would solve needing to use the disc for Rock Band DLC (Rock Band 2 in particular loads so much faster from USB), as well as reduce wear-and-tear on my Wii's NAND (not an issue yet, but it could be in the future).

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AtomBoy said:

Any suggestions
Two reasons, at first, support for rev5 doesn't seem to work, so you'll need to install rev4. Second, cISO is NOT supported, only .iso or .wbfs files are supported.

AtomBoy said:
Red Steel 2 is gonna be a problem, unless you choose the correct dol to play, since it's an ios reloading game. Mario Kart should just work fine, but not as cISO.

QUOTE(Crossing Guardian @ Mar 27 2010, 12:24 PM)
Quick question:

The Red Steel 2 save I used (and created I guess) with the USB Loader GX does not seem to be recognised by the retail copy. Both are PAL though, so I don't see the problem.

I thought saves were completely interchangeable between USB loader and disc, seemed to work fine with MadWorld IIRC...

Am I missing something basic?
Save games are absolutely independent of which source it's being loaded. In fact, the Wii doesn't know what the loading source is. It just access the NAND to reques a file with a certain filename, dependent on the game id. Therefor, the only thing possible is that you have one PAL and one NTSC version, or that the GAMEID of the game on the HDD is changed or different.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
About the savegame: I could imagine that if the region is correct, and it's copied correctly, then it might be that it's only working on the wii it came from. But wrong region or not copied correctly sounds more likely to me.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
davidnlta said:
red steel 2 isnt a ios reloading game.

True and false at the same time. To play the WM+ video it actually does an IOS Reload, but if the video was watched once, the game plays without any trouble.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beent trying to try out the loader and it sees my fat32 drive but dosent load any of the games off of it .am i missing some thing?
set up is 249v19 , 222v5 all the games load with cfg loader

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goku1980 said:
beent trying to try out the loader and it sees my fat32 drive but dosent load any of the games off of it .am i missing some thing?

What format are your games? ISO, WBFS, or CISO? If it's the latter, CISO, only Herme's IOS will work, so 222 must be global.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
goku1980 said:

Didn't r-win just say that GX doesn't have IOS222v5 support yet? And i think it doesn't have FAT/NTFS support via Waninkoko cIOS either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    J @ Just_Ragnar: What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card