• Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX won't read my HDD anymore. You see, I couldn't get Guitar Hero 5 to work on USB Loader GX, so I decided to go disc copy. I used the fix listed next to guitar hero 5 in the compatibility wiki. Guitar Hero 5 works from the disc just fine now, but every time I try to load up USB Loader GX, I get the "waiting for your slow USB device" screen. I've tried both USB ports and it won't read in either. Does anyone know why this may be?

p2dewit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an interesting issue which i discovered recently (i think after upgrading from an earlier version of USB Loader GX to rev. >800).

It related to SSBB:
With cIOS249 rev17 SSBB works fine.

But
With IOS222 rev.4 the following strange situation occurs:
- when i start USB Loader GX from within HBC, SSBB works fine,
- when i start USB Loader GX via the forwarder (latest version) SSBB does not start (gives me a black screen an after a few seconds the Wii restarts).

This occurs with all latest USB Loader GX versions (tried 883 and 899).
It always worked when using earlier versions of USB Loader GX without issues.

Yes, i will use 249rev17 from now on.

strapsoz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AaronUzumaki said:
USB Loader GX won't read my HDD anymore. You see, I couldn't get Guitar Hero 5 to work on USB Loader GX, so I decided to go disc copy. I used the fix listed next to guitar hero 5 in the compatibility wiki. Guitar Hero 5 works from the disc just fine now, but every time I try to load up USB Loader GX, I get the "waiting for your slow USB device" screen. I've tried both USB ports and it won't read in either. Does anyone know why this may be?

I have had this problem before. I had to reformat the drive and load everything back on. Before you try that though delete the globalconfig file from the config folder on your sd/fat partition. You may have accidentally selected global load with 222 when you have an outdated version or missing it completely

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p2dewit said:
With IOS222 rev.4 the following strange situation occurs:
- when i start USB Loader GX from within HBC, SSBB works fine,
- when i start USB Loader GX via the forwarder (latest version) SSBB does not start (gives me a black screen an after a few seconds the Wii restarts).

i found a similar issue when making the brawl+ updatifier. i can start brawl+ fine from a wbfs partition using 222v4. but if i exit the game during the strap screen and immediately try to start it, i get the black screen. it seems to be some weird bug in the IOS. until we know exactly what causes it, it will be hard to work around.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NeoRame said:
hi guys, i updated the usb loader gx forwarder channel. now with BNS sound and only 12 blocks (the old one was 32 i think...)
I suppose we should also use this channel for the full channel from now on? If so, I need to fix the build server to use this channel from now on as a base.

SNUPELLO

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ciao, i'm Claudio from Italy...Rome !!!
grog.gif

I have 2 problems...ONE to speack english,
wacko.gif
and second problem is this....
wink2.gif

I have a 16/9 tv, but the theme of loader is at 4/3, there are some theme in right format for my tv ??

Grazie
lecture.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the loader supports normal and widescreen themes. its not our fault if the person that made the theme halfassed it and didnt make a whole theme.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SNUPELLO said:
giantpune said:
the loader supports normal and widescreen themes. its not our fault if the person that made the theme halfassed it and didnt make a whole theme.

which program I can use to create a theme ??
unsure.gif
Did you try taking a look at the theme format? I suppose a texteditor of choice and a graphic program of choice would work.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
notepad.exe ,mspaint, and a free image converter to make pngs will work. so will photoshop and ms visual studio. it all depends on what you feel like using and how good you want it to turn out.

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
I have successfully updated several times in the past but when i went to update to 899 from within the loader and it downloaded fine but came back with failed to install wad error -4 ...... what is error-4? and how do i go about remedying it? I can post specs if you need them...

rev892c
ios 249 rev 14
ver 4.2u

issue magically resolved somehow..... unplugged hdd.. restarted loader.. it booted into my sd or somesuch i have neverseen before... chose update... it worked... how bizarre is that?

still wonder what error-4 is though... thanks and sorry to be a retard

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've checked the md5s of all my games on my wbfs partition and all of them except brawl are fine.
But I still encounter freezing in most of my games and it's quite annoying in the midst of a game.
The game will stop loading completely.
Is there any way to troubleshoot if this is loader based or something else?

Using a WD Elements 500GB.

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
have you checked your hdd is marked compatible in the compatibility list? if it is compatible is it conditional with turning off the power save feature? double check the list to see if this is the case

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, my HDD is marked in the compatibility list. Same P/N and USB ID.

I don't think it's possible to turn off the powersaving mode, nor do I know if there is one.
My nephew has the same drive and his never acts up like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7