• Views 7,178,754
  • Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman the comment was meant to be for Lendrich. But you could also try the test4 dol i put up and see if it helps.

@bula yeah a pic of the dsi would help

pochingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please someone that can help me to figure whats happening, Why I can see the main background of a theme.
I just download the new White III theme (today theme), this theme hava background to 4:3 and 16:9 formats, my Wii is in 4:3 format, and I cant see the main screen background..??
I can see averything elese, icons, popup windows, everything but the main screen background,,,,any Idea...
Im using rev 894 with hermes 222 rev 4 and 249 rev 16

need ideas to look for

pochingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, if you load rev 894 with ios249 (rev17), and a theme selected you get a crash, but if you disable the use of a theme, it loads OK.
If I load rev 894 with Hermes 222/223 rev 4 disabling a theme it loads, and if I select a theme it also loads but no main window background.

Im going to try with rev 895

pochingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pochingo said:
OK, if you load rev 894 with ios249 (rev17), and a theme selected you get a crash, but if you disable the use of a theme, it loads OK.
If I load rev 894 with Hermes 222/223 rev 4 disabling a theme it loads, and if I select a theme it also loads but no main window background.

Im going to try with rev 895

Sorry
If I load rev 895 with Hermes 222/223 rev 4 disabling a theme it loads, and if I select a theme it crashes

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
test4_boot.dol

Everything works as it should booting USB_GX under 222 and 249 and games boot under IOS222 and 249, you nail it. GX still DSI at start-up when wiitdb_wbfs1.zip is present in SD\config (works fine without it).
Here is a DSI screen:

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm this sucks. The stackdump is referencing the default exceptioner. This probably means that your HDD is just too slow at spinning up before loading the wiitdb file which makes no sense right now to me because at the point the wiitdb is supposed to be loaded, the HDD should already be awake. Maybe you could come onto the IRC channel and do some tests for me?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
Hmm this sucks. The stackdump is referencing the default exceptioner. This probably means that your HDD is just too slow at spinning up before loading the wiitdb file which makes no sense right now to me because at the point the wiitdb is supposed to be loaded, the HDD should already be awake. Maybe you could come onto the IRC channel and do some tests for me?

I am using a WD My Book Essential (1Tb), I know it make no sence when it works with the same zip and 883. I'll be there in a sec, let me try a different drive (same type - I use for back ups and has same configuration as the one connected to the wii right now) first.

Update: same thing, DSI at start-up.

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
dimok said:
test4_boot.dol

Everything works as it should booting USB_GX under 222 and 249 and games boot under IOS222 and 249, you nail it. GX still DSI at start-up when wiitdb_wbfs1.zip is present in SD\config (works fine without it).
Here is a DSI screen:

Where do we download test4 that works?

FiShBuRn

Trophies
XP
Country
Using the last version 895 i dont find any problemas, everything works fine!!

Allready tested some stuff reported here that does DSI errors and nothing, all OK!

Using hermes v4 and 38r17
smile.gif

Thanks and keep up the excelent work!

Regards

GAMECASE1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
r896 released 21 minutes ago. Please test it.
smile.gif

[/quot]

HI JUST JOINED LAST NIGHT 1.30 AM GMT

IV HAVE DOWNLOADED THE UPDATE AND I GOT THE WII BLACK SCREN OF DEATH (DSI ERROR) AT THE START UP.
THAT WAS WHEN I RUNNING F MY SDCARD

BUT WHEN I USE PRELOADER TO IND=STALL THE FIL TO TH WII SO I CAN AUTO BOOT IT WORKS FOR ABOUT 5 MINS AND THE ERROR COMES BACK

( SOZ ABOUT THE CAPS IM NOT SHOUTING MY KEYBOARD IS BUGGERED SHOULD BE GTTING A NEW ONE TMOZ / TODAY )

EDIT:- BEFOR I UPDATED I WAS USIN 894 / 895 BOTH OK

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it is starting to piss me off than. I just did a really extensive test with one user for this version yesterday and he confirmed that everything is working good. Now many users are reporting it not to work. I did the same before with another user for a previous rev who confirmed everything working.

I am getting fed up with this and thinking about reverting everything to R883 and just drop the whole no HDD startup shit. It's really annoying and time consuming and all that for nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: impossible thing accomplished today lol +1