• Views 7,165,223
  • Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you guys having those startup codedumps test this verions please. Also it would be helpfull if you could get the codedump and i also need to know where you store your config files and wiitdb files (SD or USB).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFVOAM6W

Thanks in advance. I posted this dol on the googlecode site in an issue but only got one response until now which isnt helping much.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Im useing rev894 i click on Wii menu and it goes to HBC instead and the loader wont start from cios222 comes up with 222 -4
No problems anywhere else that i found
I am only running WBFS no other partitions sysmenu 4.1 cios249rev14 hermes 222 and 223 rev4. SD for all files for UsbloaderGX
Tried Megaupload version only boots with 222 cant boot with cio249

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have all my games in a WBFS partition, but decided it would be easier to reformat the entire harddrive to NTFS so I can store my movies and other files on it as well, so I put all the ISO's in a folder named wbfs with Wii Backup Manager 0.3.3 but startup time was about 10 seconds longer than with the WBFS partition and games wouldn't even load (black screens).

I looked around but really didn't see a solution, so I figured I didn't need them in ISO format and converted them to .wbfs files (still with Wii Backup Manager 0.3.3) and keeping them all in the wbfs folder, but the games still don't work most of the time.

The first time I ran it I successfully loaded Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics, but after exiting the game and coming back to USB Loader GX, I couldn't get that same game or any others to work (black screens).

I used to be on r838, but after it didn't work with ISO's on NTFS I updated it to r894. Now it's still not working. Any advice would be appreciated.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, great job guys !

I want to know if the forwarder iso are compatible in USBloaderGX because they are in Wiiflow.

I've tried some of them but they stop on a black screen.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Summersett said:
I used to have all my games in a WBFS partition, but decided it would be easier to reformat the entire harddrive to NTFS so I can store my movies and other files on it as well, so I put all the ISO's in a folder named wbfs with Wii Backup Manager 0.3.3 but startup time was about 10 seconds longer than with the WBFS partition and games wouldn't even load (black screens).

I looked around but really didn't see a solution, so I figured I didn't need them in ISO format and converted them to .wbfs files (still with Wii Backup Manager 0.3.3) and keeping them all in the wbfs folder, but the games still don't work most of the time.

The first time I ran it I successfully loaded Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics, but after exiting the game and coming back to USB Loader GX, I couldn't get that same game or any others to work (black screens).

I used to be on r838, but after it didn't work with ISO's on NTFS I updated it to r894. Now it's still not working. Any advice would be appreciated.
Go to there site http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list and download rev883 thats the last one i can find that still has cios222 support all others seem to be broken after that

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll try that. Does that mean I'm supposed to load every game with IOS 222? Or do I still use 249?

EDIT: I guess I'll just go do it and find out.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gan1664 said:
Hello, great job guys !

I want to know if the forwarder iso are compatible in USBloaderGX because they are in Wiiflow.

I've tried some of them but they stop on a black screen.
If your talking about the forwarders in the mrc_triiforce thread, NO, they are not compatible. I wish they were.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
Go to there site http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list and download rev883 thats the last one i can find that still has cios222 support all others seem to be broken after that

First of all this is total bullshit. I am using 894 and ios222 and it works great. Also 249 is working on it, i tested it and others did too. Just because it doesnt work for you it doesnt mean that it doesnt work at all.
Second instead of going back to 883 how about help fixing the problem? I cant fix something thats working fine for me and since i posted the dol not even one usefull comment was made to it. How should we fix it if it works fine for us and people for who it doesnt work, wont even help fixing it by testing stuff?

spoerriwood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll post the dump screens/error codes as soon as I have a chance to test it again. For me I get the error right after the "mounting drive" message, so I'm not able to get into the loader at all with any revision above 883. I'm running the rev4 cios 222 and 223. Forgive the question if it's dumb but for people trying to load from 249, is this an setting that your adjusting from within the loader? I've never run across this, though I haven't rerally dug that deep into the menu options. Thanks for any replies and I'll post the error codes soon

khaderach

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking at trying to narrow down what exactly introduced the bug that prevents me from loading ios222. I checked out the source and built it starting with revision r883 and verified I could make a working version. I then confirmed that r884 introduced the problem with loading ios222. Now I'm going to dig into the changes of r884. I'm guessing it has to do with an issue of initialization overlaps or order because of the background thread for HDD detection added, but thats just a guess without looking at the code yet.

As for the version you uploaded at megaupload a few posts earlier.

It bouces between ios222 and ios249 on each start. It tried ios222 and got -4 error so it loaded ios249. Next run it tried to load ios250 with -4 so it loaded ios222. Repeat.

I can say that it will detect my usb powered NTFS drive with .wbfs files in individual folders perfectly using either ios. When it decides to load ios222, games will run. When loading ios249 games don't. That is to be expected from what I understand of the different ios though. Also it freezes when trying to go back to the Wii Menu. r894 returns to the Wii Menu just fine.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
cobleman said:

First of all this is total bullshit. I am using 894 and ios222 and it works great. Also 249 is working on it, i tested it and others did too. Just because it doesnt work for you it doesnt mean that it doesnt work at all.
Second instead of going back to 883 how about help fixing the problem? I cant fix something thats working fine for me and since i posted the dol not even one usefull comment was made to it. How should we fix it if it works fine for us and people for who it doesnt work, wont even help fixing it by testing stuff?
Hi dimok,

894 works for me with 222 and 223 but as soon as I start a game with 249-rev14 it goes to a black screen and USB_GX resets (I am using a forwarder and goes back to SM). What I fund out is if I have wiitdb_wbfs.zip in SD\config it DSI, if I delete this file it will start without no problems but will DSI as soon as a new wiitdb is downloaded. For me it started with 884 and I can confirm that 883 is the last version fully works for me. I will test your dol posted above and post back in a few. TY

Update:

Test dol posted above works now with cIOS249 but I still get a DSI at start-up if I have a wiitdb_wbfs.zip file in sd\config. It will only start without a wiitdb_wbfs.zip in SD\config

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
cobleman said:

I have been at work and couldnt test until now. This one seems to work great. I havnt fully tested it out but it loads fine for me (from forwarder), games load great (I have it set for 222 by default and tested on 249) and the theme downloader is working great. I also updated my WIITDB file and re ran the tests and everything is still working. I have the WIITDB saved to my USB drive FAT partition.

UPDATE: Loading from the homebrew channel sits at "Reloading ISO to config setting (250)...-4" for a second, then as soon as it loads up it crashes. After it fails to load from the homebrew channel, the forwarder stops loading as well and does the same thing.

It says Exception (Program) occurred and does not have a stack dump.

UPDATE 2: After deleting the WIITDB files, it loads again from both the loader and homebrew

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
dimok said:
cobleman said:

Hey i did test the test dol you put up but when i tried to change to cios249 as the boot/standard and go out and restart the config file wasnt being written and would only restart app with cios222 same as the others after 883 but instead i couldnt change to cios222 as boot/standard and a lot of my games failed just black screens i went back to 883 im able to change the boot/stadard to what i want and i did say SEEMS to be broken after that
Hey i test every new version you put out and i only comment if and when i have trouble fixing the settings myself cos if i can work around it anyone can
I just read someone said they had trouble with wiitdb_wbfs.zip so i deleted that too still the same.
Hey if you put it up i will test it no doubt

rev894 I dont know whats going on here i just tried it again and its loading games from 222 now its still going back to HBC instead of System menu though and i still cant change the boot/standard to 222 and there seems to be something with the disc noise aswell i go in and theres the theme music i go back in again after restart and no noise when you select

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deakphreak said:
dimok said:
cobleman said:

I have been at work and couldnt test until now. This one seems to work great. I havnt fully tested it out but it loads fine for me (from forwarder), games load great (I have it set for 222 by default and tested on 249) and the theme downloader is working great. I also updated my WIITDB file and re ran the tests and everything is still working. I have the WIITDB saved to my USB drive FAT partition.

UPDATE: Loading from the homebrew channel sits at "Reloading ISO to config setting (250)...-4" for a second, then as soon as it loads up it crashes. After it fails to load from the homebrew channel, the forwarder stops loading as well and does the same thing.

It says Exception (Program) occurred and does not have a stack dump.

UPDATE 2: After deleting the WIITDB files, it loads again from both the loader and homebrew

At least I am not the only one with this wiitdb.zip problem. LOL

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, thanks for testing and reporting. I found the bug for IOS_Reload -4.
Here is a new version which has many other changes as well.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JMLT2N8E

There were more bugs from earlier revisions too (before 883). I hope you guys having troubles with it can test it and give me another good report again so i can fix whats left. I am not sure if its gonna fix the WiiTDB problem so please report on that as well. I'll look into it if there is still a prob.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
Ok guys, thanks for testing and reporting. I found the bug for IOS_Reload -4.
Here is a new version which has many other changes as well.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JMLT2N8E

There were more bugs from earlier revisions too (before 883). I hope you guys having troubles with it can test it and give me another good report again so i can fix whats left. I am not sure if its gonna fix the WiiTDB problem so please report on that as well. I'll look into it if there is still a prob.
I just tested Test3.dol and games do not run under cIOS249 (black screen and resets to SM) so I am back to test2 but this version will DSI if I have wiitdb.zip in sd\config. I did not try to see if test3.dol works with it in config dir, I'll do that later and post back.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i try Forwarder iso and i can't manage to boot hem on usb loader GX.
Do they work ?
If yes which settings must be choose ?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
Do you mean games don't run if you have bootup IOS249 or bootup IOS222 and gamesettings IOS249?
I have boot up 249 and game settings 249. I will try to boot up 222 and game settings 249 and post back. Any idea what is going on with this wiidbt.zip file? With it in sd\confid it DSI at start-up. TY, bud.

khaderach

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested version 3 and can confirm that ios222 works again consistently. I was also able to load games. I didn't try using ios249 since all my games are on an ntfs drive.

There is still an issue with returning to the Wii Menu. It goes to the HBC channel instead; thats what I use to load it always.

Edit: Also no problems with wiitdb.zip for me. It is stored on the SD card like all other configuration files and game associated data.

Edit2: Cosmetic issue, when changing the game display modes from carousel, grid, or list the + button to install games reappears. It shouldn't if using an NTFS drive since I can't install games to the drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1