• Likes 48

ls1202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,

i have some problems using the fat mode of the loader.

I have a 1To hdd and using the wbfs partition works well. But now that i am using FAT32, nothing works...

is there a limitation for the size of the partition ? even if it is in FAT ?

how do i need to make my partition for maximum compatibility ?

I've tried with an other disk drive in FAT32 and all my games works but with the 1To drive, with the same files, it doesn t work. I see the games, i eared the sound of the game, but when i start the game, the wii freeze. but with the other drive, with the same game (so with the same configuration propreties) the game start and work.

thanks for your support

EDIT :

ARF ... i havent see the previous post... the problem seems to be the same...

MaesterRowen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ls1202 said:
hi,

i have some problems using the fat mode of the loader.

I have a 1To hdd and using the wbfs partition works well. But now that i am using FAT32, nothing works...

is there a limitation for the size of the partition ? even if it is in FAT ?

how do i need to make my partition for maximum compatibility ?

I've tried with an other disk drive in FAT32 and all my games works but with the 1To drive, with the same files, it doesn t work. I see the games, i eared the sound of the game, but when i start the game, the wii freeze. but with the other drive, with the same game (so with the same configuration propreties) the game start and work.

thanks for your support

EDIT :

ARF ... i havent see the previous post... the problem seems to be the same...

Hmm, you're saying you can see the game list, select a game- but it just wont load. In my situation, the loader shows no games, says "Games: 0". However, there are most definitely working games in the correct location.

Odd.

ls1202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MaesterRowen said:
Hey everyone,

I had a quick question.

I am having trouble getting USB Loader GX to load the game list from the FAT2 partition on my external HDD. When I load the games from WBFS the games list properly. When I switch the 'Game Load' settings to a FAT partition, and change the IOS to 222v4. The game list does not load.

I have Usb Loader GX rev843 installed, system menu 4.2U, Hermes 222v4 and 223, and 249rev14. My FAT loading works fine with other loaders so I know the conversion worked correctly.

I have erasing the config files and letting the loader recreate them and I have tried removing my WBFS partition completely

Has anyone had a similar problem? Or know what I could try in an attempt to resolve mine?

Thanks!

You can try rev850. And for me, toggle the 249 mode in the global setting to the 222 mode make my wii bugging. So i let the 249 in the global conf, and change it in each game... boring !! i know

MaesterRowen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ls1202 said:
You can try rev850. And for me, toggle the 249 mode in the global setting to the 222 mode make my wii bugging. So i let the 249 in the global conf, and change it in each game... boring !! i know

Hmm, I just tried r850 and no changes to the problem. The initial game list is not loading, so I am not able to select any individual games to modify their individual settings.

However, I did notice when r850 booted up, that it said,

"Reloading into IOS236..."
"IOS236 not found, reloading into IOS36"

Not sure if it is related.

MaesterRowen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
You have to load UsbloaderGX with 222 for the fat32 partiotion to work

Well I went into the global settings changed the partition to FAT2 (which contains the /wbfs directory) then changed the IOS from 249 to 222. When I switch to 222, a message comes up stating that it will only work with IOS 222 v4 (which I have installed).

I then exit the settings, exit the loader back to the homebrew channel. I reload the USB loader which has now been set to IOS 222, and the problem still persists.

Is there another way to get USB Loader GX to load with 222 that I am not aware of?

Thanks for the help so far!

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
MaesterRowen said:
cobleman said:

Well I went into the global settings changed the partition to FAT2 (which contains the /wbfs directory) then changed the IOS from 249 to 222. When I switch to 222, a message comes up stating that it will only work with IOS 222 v4 (which I have installed).

I then exit the settings, exit the loader back to the homebrew channel. I reload the USB loader which has now been set to IOS 222, and the problem still persists.

Is there another way to get USB Loader GX to load with 222 that I am not aware of?

did you do 222 useing 38 ,37 merge? And 223 38 ,60 merge

MaesterRowen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
MaesterRowen said:
cobleman said:

I have not tried that, i used the default options in the installer. I will try it now and see if that corrects the problem.

MaesterRowen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaesterRowen said:
cobleman said:
MaesterRowen said:
cobleman said:

I have not tried that, i used the default options in the installer. I will try it now and see if that corrects the problem.

This did not correct the problem. However, I think it has to do with my partition type. For some reason, I can see the game list when I use my first partition FAT1, but it wont see games from FAT2 or FAT3.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I'm using rev 843 and I am able to use Ocarina with NSMB just fine. A friend tried it and gets a black screen every time. Okay, different configuration, different results. I bought a brand new hard drive, partitioned it the same as mine, and did a clone in WBFS Manager of my WBFS partition. All the games work just fine on the new drive. I go to start NSMB and I get a black screen. Turn off Ocarina, it works perfect. Turn Ocarina back on and use my original hard drive, and Ocarina works.

Why would Ocarina fail on a game with EVERYTHING the same except the hard drive? The ONLY difference between the drives is this: My drive's first partition is NTFS (I'm not using it for the Wii) and the second is WBFS. The new drive and my friend's drive first partition is FAT32 and the second is WBFS.

Is the loader attempting to do something with the FAT32 partition when ocarina is on?

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
So how will the BCA support work?
BCA protected games will come with a .bca file in the release or something like that?
I asked about this several pages back, and I received no answer.

QUOTE(TiMeBoMb4u2 @ Dec 2 2009, 09:09 AM) Sorry... I've been away for awhile... Is USB Loader GX going to have Burst Cutting Area (BCA) support?
unsure.gif

unsure.gif

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
The whole entire hard drive needs to be FORMATTED to FAT32 every partition you want to use on the WII needs to be FAT32 "NO" NTFS partitions will be recognized even the WBFS partition is FAT32 if the WBFS partition is over NTFS it will not play games. It will tease you and show up all your games SURE but when you boot with NTFS it will go to the BLACK screen of death

ls1202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cobleman said:
The whole entire hard drive needs to be FORMATTED to FAT32 every partition you want to use on the WII needs to be FAT32 "NO" NTFS partitions will be recognized even the WBFS partition is FAT32 if the WBFS partition is over NTFS it will not play games. It will tease you and show up all your games SURE but when you boot with NTFS it will go to the BLACK screen of death

I have two partition but all in fat32 ... That s why i ask if there is partition size limitation

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
ls1202 said:
cobleman said:

I have two partition but all in fat32 ... That s why i ask if there is partition size limitation
What is your setup with hard drive with mains power or usb powered

ls1202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1st 500Go
2nd 431Go

and yes files are on thé 1st partition in the wbfs directory. And have Some other dir Like /video or /audio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol