fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
It might take a few moments.
I had a screen with just the background file in gx and no buttons at all.
after a few moments a box popped up asking me me to choose a fat partition
not working.. if i i switch to cios 222 in gx it keeps saying no usb device found

?????

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
Cfg loader does detect FAT partitions with wrong ID (eg. FF), GX does not, is it possible do implement this feature?
You may ask why. Well, if you use your HDD at the Wii and X360 it's the easiest to format it to fat and hfs+ (because of movies bigger than 4gb). But if you have a FAT partition on the disc the xbox won't detect the HFS+ partition. So I changed the FAT partition type to FF, OS X still mounts it as FAT, cfg loader runs the games and the xbox opens the HFS+ partiton. Just GX can't use the partition.
Im not exactly sure what You mean about the IDs (eg. FF) but neither gx nor cfg usb loader detect my usb stick.. i formatted the stick with Wii Backup Manager 0.24r2, is anything wrong with that?

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every partition type (maybe except wbfs) has a specific ID at the beginning of the hard drive.
FAT has 0B, NTFS has 07, Linux has 83. If you change the ID of a fat partition to anything Windows can't read (e.g. FF or even 83) it won't detect the drive. So my Xbox doesn't detect the drive too and uses my HFS partition instead. I don't think that my request won't help you with your problem if it get's accepted.

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
I don't think that my request won't help you with your problem if it get's accepted.
Thanks for Your answer. Indeed, it doesnt help. But i fixxed my problem anyway.
smile.gif

Switched the stick and formatted the new one with Windows. Copied NSMB to the fat32 wbfs folder and voila, working like a charme.
smile.gif

Its working with both now, GX and CFG Loader.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how come when i use FAT, and use wiitdb to name the files (to allow the boot up to be faster), i cant rename the game titles ? i can change it all i want but the wiitdb will always override my change... im pretty sure i was able to override it in the old wbfs format .. im using the latest r842 dol btw..

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GolfDude said:
how come when i use FAT, and use wiitdb to name the files (to allow the boot up to be faster), i cant rename the game titles ? i can change it all i want but the wiitdb will always override my change... im pretty sure i was able to override it in the old wbfs format .. im using the latest r842 dol btw..
readmiiTitles from XML --- Choose if you want to ignore the titles stored on the xml file (in wiitdb.zip) and use the ones stored on the WBFS.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title renaming has not been implemented for .wbfs files from FAT32. If you previously renamed a game before converting it from iso to .wbfs then it should keep that name. GX is not able to do the renaming on a FAT32 partition, only on a WBFS partition.

The PC app that's out there that handles both WBFS and FAT32 partitions may have an option to rename a .wbfs file.

dj3revo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hay i think i have a problem on my usb loader or i mait be wrong but my wii is 4.2u and it got's his hombrew channel and others stuff got it to work whit the wad manager also it has backup launcher and it run ok but when i install the usb loader gx it runs corretly but in the bottom were its says it's usb loader gx is also says that no cios is faund a don't get it from that point i cainda need help because i'm thinkin that it youst needs a cios but in the firts time before make it work whit the backup loader it need it the cios so i think that it mait need another one for to be espasific for usb loader or what i need help on that i don't really know whats wrong also i don't know is it because i don't have a usb hard drive in the first plase but i really thinking on getin me one but firts i wanto know if is it working on my wii if some one can help me in some thing here youst tell me the key or cluw what's wrong whit it.
unsure.gif
rolleyes.gif

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Title renaming has not been implemented for .wbfs files from FAT32. If you previously renamed a game before converting it from iso to .wbfs then it should keep that name. GX is not able to do the renaming on a FAT32 partition, only on a WBFS partition.

What do you think i did in Rev841
wink.gif
?

Should be working now.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well than it must be the title from the wiitdb that is overriding the name. This would also be on the old WBFS system. There is an option to disable it. The rename works for sure because i tested it and it is renaming the discheader in the .wbfs file directly changing the gametitle there.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
0ld8oy said:

What do you think i did in Rev841
wink.gif
?

Should be working now.

My mistake
tongue.gif
I guess that's what happens when you stop checking the source changes everyday
wink.gif

Expolaris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done some searching in this thread and had no luck.

To explain, running 4.2 SM, updated to lasted HBC, running the latest channeled version that i installed on Wad Manager 1.5. The channel worked prior to the update (blame my roommate for the update) but now it begins to boot and i see the (loading) graphic, and it pauses for a few seconds before crashing out (i assume that's called a code dump when it goes to a lot of lines of text.) IO know i have installed cios222/3.

I apologize for having to ask so bluntly but i am at my ropes end and have tried to search but gotten no where.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1