short gamecarousel_list_y;
short gamecarousel_grid_x;
short gamecarousel_grid_y;
short gamecarousel_carousel_x;
short gamecarousel_carousel_y;
short gamecarousel_dvd_x;
short gamecarousel_dvd_y;

gamelist_dvd_coords = blablablabla... ect

you should use this format for all your themes. even though some old themes still work, they will not soon. currently when we add a button, it is a pain in the ass to add it this way and to also include it in the workaround for old themes. i am not going to add the workaround for any more buttons and soon, the work around will be completely removed. it was only put there to give time for people to update the theme, not to be a permanent solution.

and it is not necessary to update this loader at all. you can update if you really want to, or if there is some new feature that you want to try out. updating just for the sake of updating is really no advised at all. the updates are not really thoroughly tested. they are just minor changes to the code. sometimes stuff breaks. if you update to every little change, then you will most certainly end up with a problem over it. it is best to just stick with a revision that works if you don't take joy in testing out software. as far as updating, the full channel updates itself, but you need wifi.
Thanks for the help giantpune I have been looking for away of changing the locations of the dvd icon for about a week now. However I can not get it to work and there dose not seem to be any skins out there with this format. So is this something that is to be worked in later or am I just doing something wrong. Can you please give us a fully filled out one with every thing added on the 1st post so that we all can know how this works. Thanks again.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zorglub07 said:
tonybologna, double check the game ID of those two covers (what USB Loader GX shows when you select the game, the filename, the ID on wiitdb.com).
About the folders, update to a recent revision like r784, and go to "Custom Paths" from the main options to set the paths for 2D, 3D, disc.

I'll check the game ID & covers from the guide to make sure they match.

Do I place the rev784.dol file in the usb-loader GX folder or on the root of the sd card? Also, do I need to rename the file to boot.dol as well? Thanks!
unsure.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
blablabla... Can you please give us a fully filled out one with every thing added on the 1st post so that we all can know how this works.
well im not going to fill out a whole one, but ill give you what should be enough to figure out the rest...
//the location of the main game displays
gamelist_coords =
gamegrid_coords =
gamecarousel_coords =

//when using the list view
covers_coords =
show_id =
id_coords =
show_region =
region_coords =

//main buttons
sdcard_coords =
homebrew_coords =
power_coords =
home_coords =
setting_coords =
install_coords =

//the clock
clock_color =
clock_align =
clock_coords =

//HDD info
info =
show_hddinfo =
hddinfo_align =
hddinfo_coords =
show_gamecount =
gamecount_align =
gamecount_coords =

//tooltips
show_tooltip =
tooltipAlpha =

//text colors
prompttext_color =
settingstext_color =
gametext_color =

//how many games are on the gamelist
pagesize = 9;

//all the toolbar buttons
gamelist_favorite_coords =
gamelist_search_coords =
gamelist_abc_coords =
gamelist_count_coords =
gamelist_list_coords =
gamelist_grid_coords =
gamelist_carousel_coords =
gamelist_dvd_coords =

gamegrid_favorite_coords =
gamegrid_search_coords =
gamegrid_abc_coords =
gamegrid_count_coords =
gamegrid_list_coords =
gamegrid_grid_coords =
gamegrid_carousel_coords =
gamegrid_dvd_coords =

gamecarousel_favorite_coords =
gamecarousel_search_coords =
gamecarousel_abc_coords =
gamecarousel_count_coords =
gamecarousel_list_coords =
gamecarousel_grid_coords =
gamecarousel_carousel_coords =
gamecarousel_dvd_coords =
these should be correct. if you have any themes using just 1 value for the position of the toolbar buttons, you should change it to use multiple entries because one of these days when i start putting in more buttons, the workaround will be taken out and those themes will look like shit.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone running the wii fit + ntsc on pal machine tell me what settings your running coz i get a 002 error or just a black screen

running latest loader cios 14 and 4.1 firmware

KicksDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Big Noob here, and I will most likely get flamed or something... But here goes..

I do not have a clue how to install USB Loader GX to my wii.

I have the homebrew channel
and my wii FW is 3.4E

I can't find anything that tells me what to do and I am really confused, I would appreciate the help.

- Kicks

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
r804 from here gives green screen after loading.
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list

My compiled r804 dol is 3.38 MB, while the one downloaded from above is 3.27 MB.

EDIT: The r804 I compiled corrupts cover downloads then code dumps.

If you're compiling with devkitpro r18 then that's why you're getting corrupted downloads. The GX team is sticking to r17 for the time being while a few bugs in the libfat get worked out. Silly suggestion, but have you tried deleting config files?

QUOTE(KicksDS @ Oct 19 2009, 09:44 AM) Big Noob here, and I will most likely get flamed or something... But here goes..

I do not have a clue how to install USB Loader GX to my wii.

I have the homebrew channel
and my wii FW is 3.4E

I can't find anything that tells me what to do and I am really confused, I would appreciate the help.

- Kicks

Read this: http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/help/readmii

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
D34DL1N3R said:

My compiled r804 dol is 3.38 MB, while the one downloaded from above is 3.27 MB.

If you're compiling with devkitpro r18 then that's why you're getting corrupted downloads. The GX team is sticking to r17 for the time being while a few bugs in the libfat get worked out. Silly suggestion, but have you tried deleting config files?

Of course I did.
tongue.gif
Thanks for the info about r18, I will reinstall 17.
EDIT: Now, how exactly do I go back to r17?
smile.gif

EDIT: Think I got it. Hopefully just replacing the devkitPPC folder with the older version is all I need to do. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

RavRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How do I get the console to update the loader via WiFi? I reverted back to r784 and now it won't ask to update anymore. Is there a setting I have to enable (that I may have de-activated) to get it to update again?

Thanks

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
0ld8oy said:
D34DL1N3R said:

Of course I did.
tongue.gif
Thanks for the info about r18, I will reinstall 17.
EDIT: Now, how exactly do I go back to r17?
smile.gif

EDIT: Think I got it. Hopefully just replacing the devkitPPC folder with the older version is all I need to do. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Yeah, just replace the PPC and make sure you are using the 9-21-09 libogc from the GX google code downloads page.

QUOTE(RavRob @ Oct 19 2009, 03:56 PM)
How do I get the console to update the loader via WiFi? I reverted back to r784 and now it won't ask to update anymore. Is there a setting I have to enable (that I may have de-activated) to get it to update again?

Thanks

Go to settings in GX, go to the second page and click update. r799 is on the server.

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I updated to Rev792 and deleted my old config files. Pretty much everything works but I am getting a white screen on a few games. What does that mean. I searched for it but not really any answers.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"revert dimok's stuff, because it makes too many trubble"

Haha!!! LMAO! Not because all his work was reverted, but the way it was said made me have a good laugh. Funny stuff.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The channel includes the full program, which means it loads faster and is independent of the SD card, but at the same time it is harder to update and it takes up more space in the Wii Menu. The forwarder is just a link to the file on the SD.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
r805 dol download
HERE

FYI, the downloads available here are the official compiles by r-win. They are automatically compiled via a script and are uploaded within minutes of each commit. I know a lot of people like to compile their own...just a little info to save you all some time.

The green screen issue should be resolved with the items that were reverted in r805.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
FYI, the downloads available here are the official compiles by r-win. They are automatically compiled via a script and are uploaded within minutes of each commit. I know a lot of people like to compile their own...just a little info to save you all some time.

The green screen issue should be resolved with the items that were reverted in r805.

Any reason why my compiles would be 3.25 MB and the ones on the code page 3.27 MB?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY