• Likes 48

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvd-guy said:
I bought a Seagate FreeAgent GO and used the built-in tool to disable the spin-down. When I start my Wii, have the drive plugged it, and use the forwarder, all I get is a black screen. I noticed that when I start my Wii without the drive connected, I can connect after launching the loader. Is this normal, or can something be done to startup with the drive connected?

I have a 500GB FreeAgent GO and it works flawlessly. I leave it connected all the time and have never had an issue.

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aardvarks said:
dvd-guy said:
I bought a Seagate FreeAgent GO and used the built-in tool to disable the spin-down. When I start my Wii, have the drive plugged it, and use the forwarder, all I get is a black screen. I noticed that when I start my Wii without the drive connected, I can connect after launching the loader. Is this normal, or can something be done to startup with the drive connected?

i have three seagate freeagents and i had the same problem as you. i would have to unplug the drive, start up the wii,put back in the drive an start up the loader.
i now use the configurable loader. now i dont have to unplug anythink. just turn on the wii and click on the loader... heaven
Sounds like a bug if you experience it in GX, but not CFG. I'll try that tonight and see if I can get something going. Thanks.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
D34DL1N3R said:
dvd-guy said:

I have a 500GB FreeAgent GO and it works flawlessly. I leave it connected all the time and have never had an issue.

I have 3 x 320GB "GO's" and all work perfectly here. Never had an issue once I set the spindown via the seagate software.

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please explain the difference between a channel and a forwarder wad? I'm confused if I need both because both came with wad files, I installed both and they both show up in the channel list, so which should I use?

phiillh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
leavemealone347 said:
Could someone please explain the difference between a channel and a forwarder wad? I'm confused if I need both because both came with wad files, I installed both and they both show up in the channel list, so which should I use?

The forwarder looks at the apps folder on your SD/USB for the usb loader GX boot.dol.
The channel has the boot.dol integrated into it and does not need it seperately on the SD card or USB drive.

Personally, I would use the forwarder as you can update from within the loader, with the channel you would need to reinstall it every time you wish to upgrade to the newer version.

phiillh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I stand corrected.
Great work by the way guys
bow.gif

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
phiillh said:
tHciNc said:
BubbaFett said:
It was the rockband 1 drums that I couldn't get to work in GX. Tried every single variant of 222 and 223 and it didn't work. Didn't go so far as to make GX global load in 222, because the insert disk thing is a pain. If you can confirm (i.e., you've personally seen it work) that RB1 drums work with RB/GH titles with GX, I'll try again...maybe I missed one combination.

Drums work for me without issue. Across the board. GH5 etc. using 249 for older games and 223 v4 for gh5 and beatles etc. never had intrument issues

Cheers!

I have the rockband 1 drums working with GX, i have the global load set to 249, using rev 14, and the game load set to 223 v3.
All of the Rockband games work but I could not get the mic and the drums to work at the same time, I have not tried GH5 yet.

Bubba, what have you got connected to your hub? I had to disconnect a charge station as it was sapping all of the power and causing my drums not to work originally.
I am having similar (if not the same) problem as Bubba and not sure what I am doing wrong. Can you or someone give me a little help?

I have 249 rev 14 installed and set as global as well. Also 223 v4 (38 merged with 37). When i set Beatles Rockband to run with 223 it just black screens. When I run it with 249 it works, but my rockband 1 drums always gets recognized as a mic.

Do I have to use 223 v3 instead of v4? I know one of them is based on IOS36 while the other is 38, but I don't know why I should choose one over the other.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chemodile said:
Here is a codedump I'm getting as detailed in this thread.

edit: I'm using whichever revision is currently linked to in the first post of this thread.

If you clicked the big banner at the top of the first page then you have a very old revision of GX. Try downloading the latest revision from here.

Make sure to delete the gxglobal.cfg and gxgamesettings.cfg files from the config folder on your SD/USB so that the old settings files don't conflict with the new loader.

ronhempner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having problems getting USBLoader GX to work with this game using the Rock Band 2 USB instruments and couldn't find a good answer, so after trial and error I figured I'd post my solution: USBLoader GX v747, Hermes cIOS v4 222 (38 merged with 37), and 002 fix set to anti, all of the USB instruments work (on 3.2U Wii). This is the only way it would work for me... Using cIOS 222 with 002 fix set to ON would just go to black screen. Using cIOS 249 (rev 14) would load and accept wiimote instruments and microphone but no wireless usb instruments. Hope this helps someone!

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any plan to add NAND emulation support from USB or SD? For using for save games and dlc, because the Wii is so skimpy on memory. I think this would really be a great feature to add, and would be very easy for most people to do(Simple FS Dumper, Wad Manager 1.5).

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
moosh01 said:
Is there any plan to add NAND emulation support from USB or SD? For using for save games and dlc, because the Wii is so skimpy on memory. I think this would really be a great feature to add, and would be very easy for most people to do(Simple FS Dumper, Wad Manager 1.5).

I have requested this feature on the code pages and the reply was
not to good :-(

The reply said it will probably never happen.

But maybe, just maybe if enough people get behind the idea and we ask nicely, then maybe they will change their minds! :-)

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikeymikey said:
moosh01 said:

I have requested this feature on the code pages and the reply was
not to good :-(

The reply said it will probably never happen.

But maybe, just maybe if enough people get behind the idea and we ask nicely, then maybe they will change their minds! :-)

That's too bad. Hopfully they will change their minds. I know that nicksasa implemented it into an older version of neogamma, but he is not supporting it in newer releases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory