• Views 7,180,854
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
no not cIOS revs he means GX revs the current rev is 715, you can check which version u hav in the credits in gx, its in the top right corner next to what cIOS rev u have

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
aha, no.

Haven't tried any other than 715. First time I tried alt.dol method on WSR it code dumped on me, the 2nd time it didn't seem to do anything but clicking on "back" and "save" etc didn't do anything either.

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
Why are you so against installing IOS222 and 223?

Well Im not really against the idea, its just that there seems to be new levels of things you have to do to get the games to work. And I'm hoping you dont have to once the next cIOS comes out.

So could you recommend a good tutorial on installing it?

HS

THEPUNISHERTHERE

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a big thank you to all who are involved in usb loader gx, I finnaly got it to a point that it works pretty darn good. To everyone who has trouble with their hard drive (was my major problem, not being recognized then having to fight after reset to play new game) download and install the new IOS 38. Fixed my HDD detection problem to near perfect and you dont have to restart to play a new game!!!
yaynds.gif
yaypsp.gif
gbasp.gif

So again thank you to everyone who made this wonderful program and to Winako(spelled wrong im sure) a BIG thanks for making it more user friendly.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

i can has cookie now?
smileipb2.png

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyaku Shiki said:
FenrirWolf said:
Why are you so against installing IOS222 and 223?

Well Im not really against the idea, its just that there seems to be new levels of things you have to do to get the games to work. And I'm hoping you dont have to once the next cIOS comes out.

So could you recommend a good tutorial on installing it?

HS

If you download the cIOS installer from my files link in my signature there is a quick installation tutorial zipped with it.

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how do you guys plan to run the 3 alt dols in Metroid prime Trilogy?

They are files

Game ID R3ME01.dol

rs5mp1_p.dol (780) - Metroid Prime
rs5mp2_p.dol (781) - Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
rs5mp3_p.dol (782) - Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
any chance of a prompt for games requiring more than one alt dol to boot the game.. i.e metroid prime trilogy

i.e click on game disc and prompt comes up asking what dol you wish to use...

reason I ask this is because I have god mode = 0 (have fiddling kids).. and its a pain in the ass to keep inputting password.. select game then settings.. etc..

a prompt on clicking the game would be ideal if i am honest...

suggestion for settings to configure prompt..

in settings

Alt dol >>> dol from disc...

dol from disc >>> prompt

jaykop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i need help i am using latest forwarder for gx and rev 715 usb loader gx now the porblem is it did work before but now when i try to load it loads onto main wii menu again but when i go into the homebrew channel and load usb loader gx it works can anyone advise thanx

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaykop said:
i need help i am using latest forwarder for gx and rev 715 usb loader gx now the porblem is it did work before but now when i try to load it loads onto main wii menu again but when i go into the homebrew channel and load usb loader gx it works can anyone advise thanx

Make sure the GX folder inside your apps folder on SD/USB is named exactly as follows: usbloader_gx
The underscore is required.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have been able to keep the hbc button from disappearing when the loader is locked. I also changed the hbc button to go to the title louncher now. So I have one more thing to do and that is to remove some of the titles from the list. Like the News Channel or shopping channel and wad manager channel. So if someone knows how this is done please post so that I might be able to gain from what you already know. Thanks.

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:

Yes the way described in the link is the way to go but if you are useing Pal Wii you must have it set to force Ntsc. If you have it on Pal settings it will not load any of the alt.dol games. It will only load the Main Menu on a Pal Setting.

twk1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will USB Loader GX recognize two hard drives with games loaded on them connected via a usb hub? Or do all my games have to be on a single hard drive?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
twk1978 said:
Will USB Loader GX recognize two hard drives with games loaded on them connected via a usb hub? Or do all my games have to be on a single hard drive?
You can put them on different drives, but you can't use multiple drives at the same time.

twk1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
twk1978 said:
You can put them on different drives, but you can't use multiple drives at the same time.

Thank you for the quick response.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to load MET PRIME TRIL with alt dol, I can get as far as Alt Dol - from disk, but when the screen is about to pop up to select the dol, my USB Loader freezes or gives me a code dump every now and then,... Both the channel and the homebrew does the same thing... But I can open, select, and launch Mortal Kombat using the Alt Dol method (after me slecting the dol and everything)

I have the retail version rented, and it works perfectly (from disk channel). I copied my iso from the retail disk.

I have Usb Loader Gx rev 715 (newest) and cios249 rev 10

could the rev 10 thing be the issue, or could it be something else?

EDIT: after installing CIOS249 rev 14, it worked. i could select the dol's from disk....
upon second try, same freeze happened. third and forth were also a freeze. Is there something wrong with my wii? how come everyone else can launch at LEAST mp1 and mp2?

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anything be done in GX's future versions about the problem with alternate DOLs forcing 480i on 480p setups? This is keeping me from playing MPT...

Edit: Pop006, I get the same problem on cIOS v13b.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Bad dragon