• Likes 48

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
0ld8oy said:
To everyone getting the blackscreen when loading a game:

Are you all loading your dol/images/config from an SD card or from a USB partition?
I was loading from USB, but I found SD will actually load my games so I've changed.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:

Are you all loading your dol/images/config from an SD card or from a USB partition?

nicky041192 said:
i love this loader!

im sorry to ask this again but i had no answer before. which is the STABLE release? all i see are revisions.
thanks and keep up the good work.
The stable release is version 1.0. It should be located on the first page of this thread and was revision 3??. You should also be able to find it in the GX link in my sig.

both and still no good past 672 aarrrrrgggggggg!!!!!
hate2.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
0ld8oy said:

I was loading from USB, but I found SD will actually load my games so I've changed.

Is this working for you on a revision higher than r672?

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to make sure someone read this:

@D34DL1N3R:
I use the .elf EVERY time, I usually wait to get the .elf as it just seems to work with a few less screen glitches and graphic noise as the .dol, for me that is. I have been and will continue to be beta testing all .elfs in future.

@Logan:
Please keep compiling them.
wink.gif

@tj_cool:
Your back in my sig.
wink.gif

Now it's the long wait, I got my HD cloning and I settled for 695GB for backups and 155 for roms, wads and system files.

Looking forward to testing that config.....
laugh.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
Now it's the long wait, I got my HD cloning and I settled for 695GB for backups and 155 for roms, wads and system files.

laugh.gif

695GB??? Are there even that many games?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
I tryed every thing to get this loader to load to a blank screen using diffent settings in perloader and got no where. But I seen that my sd card was not in the wii so I pushed it in and wala every game boots to black screen. Hope this helps.

Im using a 4.1U wii
with cios 14
wd passport 320gb first partition 10gb fat32 2nd partition wii formated 288gb.
blank sd card 2gb not a sdhc cand formated to fat as allways
I boot from usb hard drive. But I gess that was a given.
I tryed loading the loader form the sd card and the wii games would load to a blank screen

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
I see logan theory is now starting to fall foul...
lol

I wont tot up the amount off peeps over last few pages who are having the same problem as me...
wink.gif

pulling your leg logan m8
wink.gif

everything that has been mentioned to trouble shoot has been done... and the result is the same... you name done it.. configs.. re-partioned.. fresh start.. the works...

As I said earlier the only way to get the games working on a dual partition (for me anyway) is to pull the usb cable out of the drive as the loader is booting from the sd card..

when it asks for cios version, I select 249 plug the drive back in and of we go.. the games boot and it works...

for those having issues with dual partitions use rev 647.. as its the most stable for us 6!!!

*coughs*

(at least until a smart developer can fix the code)

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
ChokeD said:

laugh.gif

695GB??? Are there even that many games?
laugh.gif
as fast as they come out ??? and I have 3 people in the household buying them soooo..... better safe then sorry.
wink.gif

Hrugnir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A couple of things:

1. It's better now, but can we please stop trying to fight over who's childish, and try to solve the problems instead?

2. It's way more than 6 people now. I've counted like 6 new people mentioning similar problems since that figure was first brought up by Logan. While they are in a minority still, not everyone has updated to cIOS 14, not everyone has updated their loaders, and definitly not everyone is able to actually post their problems as anything else than noise. With all those factors in mind, I have a feeling there are more than 6 people in the world with this problem. Also see issues 773 and 764 on the Google Code page, there are people there who may or may not be different than the people who have posted here.

3. I was going to suggest the same thing as Logan did recently: We really need to gather all the information about this problem if we want to solve it instead of deciding whose fault it is: the users, waninkoko or the coders of GX. Right now, my guess is that it's a combination of certain hard drives, cIOS 14 and revisions past 647... But a new topic to gather the data would be good.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 138 games that is 241.83 gb out of 512.28 gb im trying to see how many it will take to fill it lol

i guess ill be waiting on a fix here so if anyone thats been haveing my prob with anything past 672 let me know ok thanks
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

ps. no go on 680 eather
grrrrrrrrrrrr

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I spoke too soon, now it's loading nothing, even when I revert my settings/config to what they were when it worked that one time, I even deleted the file.

:-\ God damned sentient AI!

Hai1242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jono@home: Did you try a single partition? I am thinking of just buying another hard drive and going that route. Don't see a reason for me to have 2 partitions anyway. Thanks.

Note:
Seagate FreeAgent 160gb Go (2 partitions)
cios13a and cios14
revisions 649 (channel) and 676 (channel and SD)
USA Wii 3.2
all combinations resulted in reboot when loading any game

cios14 + r628 = works perfectly
I am assuming r647 and below will work too.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed CIOS rev 14 (gasp) and ran the update to get the latest version available. Everything still works. Of course, now SSBB crashes during the demo fight. Feh.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hai1242 said:
jono@home: Did you try a single partition? I am thinking of just buying another hard drive and going that route. Don't see a reason for me to have 2 partitions anyway. Thanks.
dont buy a new one this will be figured out soon youll see these guys are the bees knees lol just hold tight or try 672 its the last one that works for me im happy now till they find a fix
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
Hai1242 said:

single partition works fine...

Penn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have dual-partition problems too.
Just a black screen when try to load a game. Even old ones, like mario galaxy, mario kart, all have problems.

Wii 4.1U + cIOSrev14
Loading USBloaderGX from SD card, from forwarderd and HBC too.
160GB Imation, 2 partitions, first a FAT32 one (1gb), then the WBFS partition (with the rest of the space).

Have no problems with rev665.
Then i jump to 674, and problems. Test 675, problems. Now i test 680, and problems still there.
If i use NeoGamma, all games load fine. USBloaderGX rev665 load games fine too.

So... i'm another one.
Stuck with 665 at this moment. Sadly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I didn't know Sonic serves they food in baking pans.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I didn't know Sonic serves they food in baking pans.