cIOS 249
r639

How to reproduce:
1 - Launch the loader
2 - Select a game and go into the game's settings
3 - Set Alternate DOL to DOL from disc
4 - Go into DOL from disc and press A

What happens:
You are unable to change any of the options at this time (selecting them does nothing) and if you click on one of the buttons (save | uninstall | back) the button will freeze and not perform its operation. I can click all three buttons in this way and freeze them all but afterward I can no longer do anything: the pointer and d-pad still function normally, but I can't change any of the options or use any of the buttons. The Home button on the wiimote doesn't do anything at this point and if I press the power button on the wiimote, it powers off the wiimote but the wii stays on. Only a hard shutdown works.

Once when I was trying to reproduce the bug, the first setting I tried to change forced an immediate save and then when I repeated steps 3 and 4, I got a core dump instead of the behavior described above.

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
I can't get "Nutrition Matters" working on the GX Loader, I tried all of the different Video Modes but all I get is a black screen, help please?
PAL wokrs , defauilt settings with anti002, cIOS38v12

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am just trying to understand what is holding you back from making this loader load wii and gc games from disc. Songs loader was able to do this a long time ago. And I would like to use this loader as my wii menu, but can't because I can't load gc games from disk from this loader. Now don't get me wrong I love the HBC part of this loaded just wish I could get genplus_gx and other apps to work with it. Keep up the great work this is a all star team with a gift for making things happen. Just thought I would ask and see if it was going to be added or if no one else things it is worth working on. As always thanks for all the hard work we all need the team to keep this loader going so we have something to work with on our wii's.

ivc

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Which of the latest revisions are the most stable? Can we try to create a staging system where the features is second and stability first?

LowKeyEnergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
Hi I am just trying to understand what is holding you back from making this loader load wii and gc games from disc. Songs loader was able to do this a long time ago. And I would like to use this loader as my wii menu, but can't because I can't load gc games from disk from this loader. Now don't get me wrong I love the HBC part of this loaded just wish I could get genplus_gx and other apps to work with it. Keep up the great work this is a all star team with a gift for making things happen. Just thought I would ask and see if it was going to be added or if no one else things it is worth working on. As always thanks for all the hard work we all need the team to keep this loader going so we have something to work with on our wii's.

it's a USB loader . its purpose is to load game roms from USB .
there are other programs for other purposes . you should try using them .

omalz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So maybe its me but when I load up a game and then exit out by hiting the home button and go back to the main wii menu and then load up another game my wii freezes up it doesn't matter what game it is it will always do it on the second game I load. any suggestions on this ???

I am on rev 633

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LowKeyEnergy said:
Royusmc said:

Spot on... Its a USB loader.. not a disc loader, you can use the normal wii disc channel for that..

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omalz said:
So maybe its me but when I load up a game and then exit out by hiting the home button and go back to the main wii menu and then load up another game my wii freezes up it doesn't matter what game it is it will always do it on the second game I load. any suggestions on this ???

I am on rev 633
Yes try using wankoko cios rev12. This is a problem with wankoko cios rev13a and rev13b. Good luck!

B

BryceOne

omalz said:

I am on rev 633

I was having this same problem.. I recently installed Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.1 and noticed the problem after that. It was the only change I made before noticing it.. I tried reinstalling CIOS 13, and it would still freeze. So I went back to CIOS v12. It works now..

EDIT: Just curious, does Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.1 install CIOS v13 along with it? I might have been on v12 before installing the 4.1 update.

ronnie917

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Royusmc said:
omalz said:

I am on rev 633
Yes try using wankoko cios rev12. This is a problem with wankoko cios rev13a and rev13b. Good luck!

I have this problem as well. Im on cIOS38_rev13a.
how to install cios rev12? do i need to uninstall cIOS38_rev13a? Can anyone give the steps to do this.
btw, where i can get the rev 12?

I also can't play wii sport resort. it will just give me a blank screen after selecting the game from the loader. all other games (coduit, ghostbuster, etc) are ok.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
squablo said:
Now I also read that you are supposed to get the file thru the loader, and not from the site, due to wii memory limitations and the file being custom made for you with only the info for the games that you have. Now here is what I dont understand. How do I get the file with the game info for my games?

Press (2) and read the message. Do as it says.

Posts merged

DocNsanE said:
Minor bug report
cIOS 249
r639

How to reproduce:
1 - Launch the loader
2 - Select a game and go into the game's settings
3 - Set Alternate DOL to DOL from disc
4 - Go into DOL from disc and press A

What happens:
You are unable to change any of the options at this time (selecting them does nothing) and if you click on one of the buttons (save | uninstall | back) the button will freeze and not perform its operation. I can click all three buttons in this way and freeze them all but afterward I can no longer do anything: the pointer and d-pad still function normally, but I can't change any of the options or use any of the buttons. The Home button on the wiimote doesn't do anything at this point and if I press the power button on the wiimote, it powers off the wiimote but the wii stays on. Only a hard shutdown works.

Once when I was trying to reproduce the bug, the first setting I tried to change forced an immediate save and then when I repeated steps 3 and 4, I got a core dump instead of the behavior described above.

Will try and reproduce this in a bit and report back to confirm issue with you.

Posts merged

Royusmc said:

I can see where you're coming from personally as I have preloader boot this on Wii boot up. I appreciate though it is a USB loader. This feature would be useful for many though I'm sure.

Posts merged
DocNsanE said:

QUOTE(ivc @ Jul 23 2009, 07:56 AM)
Which of the latest revisions are the most stable? Can we try to create a staging system where the features is second and stability first?

To be honest with you, only revisions released by the team themselves should be considered official versions although doesn't mean most stable either. Anyone who uses the revisions I compile might aswell consider themselves BETAn testers

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ronnie917 said:
I have this problem as well. Im on cIOS38_rev13a.
how to install cios rev12? do i need to uninstall cIOS38_rev13a? Can anyone give the steps to do this.
btw, where i can get the rev 12?

I also can't play wii sport resort. it will just give me a blank screen after selecting the game from the loader. all other games (coduit, ghostbuster, etc) are ok.

Try reading. Both issues have been discussed in great detail in this topic and many others.

Known problem with revision 13 upwards. You can install 12 over 13a or 13b. Google for the file. But TBH I'd just accept the bug and wait for rev 14. Its not a major pain in the ass really.

You need to use the alt DOL method and also try changing the video mode for that title.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bosman said:
squablo said:
Ok I've been looking thru the pages here
It was mentioned a few pages back.

QUOTE(squablo @ Jul 23 2009, 02:05 PM) I tried looking everywhere on my SD card for 'the file', and it is nowhere.

Or, am I just a retard?

If you have it which you say you do its in the sd:/config/ directory

Ok check out my post again. As you can see, it clearly states that the file is not located anywhere on my SD card. With that being said, you are acting like I have not read anything on this forum, which also is not true. In fact, besides a few days here and there, I've been following this thread since it started.

The loader is not downloading any info file. Period. The file is nowhere. In my original post, I mention all the things I've tried to get it to work, and it doesnt. I simply asked what I was doing wrong, and not for some smart ass comment. I mean seriously, If you took the time to respond, why wouldnt you just answer my question?

When I press the 2 button, nothing shows up besides a message at the bottom of the box that says something like 'dont complain to the GX team about this feature' There is no other info in the box. Thats it.

If anyone out there does know the problem, and feels like being helpful, I would appreciate it.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
squablo said:
bosman said:
squablo said:
Ok I've been looking thru the pages here
It was mentioned a few pages back.

QUOTE(squablo @ Jul 23 2009, 02:05 PM) I tried looking everywhere on my SD card for 'the file', and it is nowhere.

Or, am I just a retard?

If you have it which you say you do its in the sd:/config/ directory

Ok check out my post again. As you can see, it clearly states that the file is not located anywhere on my SD card. With that being said, you are acting like I have not read anything on this forum, which also is not true. In fact, besides a few days here and there, I've been following this thread since it started.

The loader is not downloading any info file. Period. The file is nowhere. In my original post, I mention all the things I've tried to get it to work, and it doesnt. I simply asked what I was doing wrong, and not for some smart ass comment. I mean seriously, If you took the time to respond, why wouldnt you just answer my question?

When I press the 2 button, nothing shows up besides a message at the bottom of the box that says something like 'dont complain to the GX team about this feature' There is no other info in the box. Thats it.

If anyone out there does know the problem, and feels like being helpful, I would appreciate it.

Update to a later revision. The message about 'not complaining' on later versions gives you instructions on what to do in order to generate the wiitdb.zip.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
LowKeyEnergy said:
Royusmc said:

USB Loader GX is already full of useless features in no way related to usb loading.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pippin666 said:
LowKeyEnergy said:
Royusmc said:

USB Loader GX is already full of useless features in no way related to usb loading.

"Full"? Name three useless features?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Logan said:
squablo said:

Update to a later revision. The message about 'not complaining' on later versions gives you instructions on what to do in order to generate the wiitdb.zip.

readmii
Wiitdb.zip will get updated when you update all or update the full channel. Only the info for the games and language you have will be downloaded. If you do not have the possibility to update with the loader because you have no Wifi, go to the game info screen and press 1 (Rev637 or higher needed). It will store a link in a file as shown at the bottom. Open the file and copy the link. Then open it with a web browser to download the file. Place the Wiitdb.zip in the titles.txt path.
Hope that helped
smile.gif

(Cause thats why the readmii exists after all...)

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Who are coding and compiling these new releases? Didnt someone from the team go on vacation?

Im sticking to downloading though the loader with updates on the server

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here