• Views 7,182,582
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used rev 599 and it worked perfectly. I then upgraded to 600 and now it never sees my usb hard drive unless i have it do a time out and switch the power on/off during the 30 seconds.

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had that issue about the power up from the beginning. So i just dont turn on the drive until the 30 second timer.

I thought, maybe if the loader formatted my drive it might correct my issues from above and I got a dump screen and the loader also thought that the drive had 4 partitions. Oh and it was a clean drive when I loaded it, no partitions at all, no volumes no drive letters, just raw space. but i wonder if the 4 partition thing is related to my above problem.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rathelfrog said:
I have had that issue about the power up from the beginning. So i just dont turn on the drive until the 30 second timer.

I thought, maybe if the loader formatted my drive it might correct my issues from above and I got a dump screen and the loader also thought that the drive had 4 partitions. Oh and it was a clean drive when I loaded it, no partitions at all, no volumes no drive letters, just raw space. but i wonder if the 4 partition thing is related to my above problem.

What type of drive are you using? Did you already double check the drive compatibility list?

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a maxtor ext one touch 120, my wife just got me an iomega 1 tb, but that doesnt work and she doesnt know where the reciept is to switch it out.. doh...any suggestions?

rootnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rathelfrog said:
its a maxtor ext one touch 120, my wife just got me an iomega 1 tb, but that doesnt work and she doesnt know where the reciept is to switch it out.. doh...any suggestions?

Does the iomega drive not work at all, or just not with the loader?

If it doesn't work at all: buy another one, swap the good one for the bad one, return the bad one with your new receipt.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rathelfrog said:

You said before that you didn't format the drive at all before formatting to WBFS. Have you tried formatting to FAT32 and then formatting to WBFS yet? If not, use this free program to format your drive to FAT32 and then try using AlexDP's WBFS Manager 3.0 to format to WBFS.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey! i need help here too! why are my posts being ignored??

also, to add on, how can i just have an .iso on a usb flash drive to have a loader install it to the flash drive instead of having to install it by a disc or a burned disc? thats like saying i want to play on loading it off a usb but also i want to play it off a dvd. i thought there was either one method or the other, not both

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, the drive itself works great, and i've had no problems on the pc side, the loader just doesnt recognize it. of course im experimenting at the moment. if I trade it in (if BestLies allows it) what is the preferred drive by most people? i should have about 134 us dollars in credit. I looked over the list and im just not too sure which way to go. i was thinking maybe the wd passport, but i dont know the cost.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rathelfrog said:
oh, the drive itself works great, and i've had no problems on the pc side, the loader just doesnt recognize it. of course im experimenting at the moment. if I trade it in (if BestLies allows it) what is the preferred drive by most people? i should have about 134 us dollars in credit. I looked over the list and im just not too sure which way to go. i was thinking maybe the wd passport, but i dont know the cost.

I use a Seagate FreeAgent Go 320Gb without issue. Before you give up on your drive though, please try formatting exactly as I explained in my previous post.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
hey! i need help here too! why are my posts being ignored??

also, to add on, how can i just have an .iso on a usb flash drive to have a loader install it to the flash drive instead of having to install it by a disc or a burned disc? thats like saying i want to play on loading it off a usb but also i want to play it off a dvd. i thought there was either one method or the other, not both

One, try a newer revision of the loader... According to a previous post you are using the 1.0 channel. Whatever issue you are having may be fixed in a newer revision of the loader...

Two, don't write in bright red all caps. It is very annoying. If your question was skipped over just politely ask again. Don't trip out about it.

Three, drive to drive transfer is not supported in the loader. You need to use a PC program to do that such as AlexDP's WBFS Manager 3.0 (if that is even the question you are asking, I have no idea...).

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strangephish said:
are you using the channel or the forwarder as the channel will never update.
?wrong?
the full channel after about r590 is able to update itself. also in the last one or 2 i put on the update server, i made it say r###c. the c is for channel. hopefully this will help the geniuses that just install something and have no idea what it is. all this this is providing the person that compiled the dol did it right. also if they didnt use the same ID as the wad on the update servers and you use it to update, then you will end up with 2 full channels on your sysmenu.

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your input.. I did exactly as you said, and to no avail. bummer. 8(\

well, for now i guess i can use the original drive and only use one image at a time. Has anyone ever run across a fix for the problem in pages 540 and 1 about the multiple images being treated as the same?

you know all the other Iomega drives in the line i have work. so this iomega 1tb drive you would think works too. hmmm. what trickery can i do...

Bosk666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ocarina Problem

i updatet from rev568 to 600

i use the hbc apps codedownloader and cheat manager v 03 to manage the cheattxt files and gct files.

rev 568:
i enable ocarina and save settings and start the game > cheat is active

rev 600
i enable ocarina, save settings and start the game -> black screen ...

i didnt change the settings of the cheat file oder pathnames

when i press the ocarina button i got the message no txt file found ????
very strange

Jens

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound like nitpicking (or it was already reported), but when using the "spinning cover scroll" feature, it seems like the covers are disappearing when scrolling to the right rather than gracefully scrolling off screen. I could have sworn in looked a bit smoother in previous builds.

(hides from possible stoning)

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am struggling getting any of the USB loaders to work. If someone can help that would be great.

Now I've noticed that you need certain cios installed to be able to use usb loaders, but I'm not sure if I have them installed or not.

At the moment 3 different usb loaders will startup for me but all give the same 'can't mound hard drive, error ret-6' message.

Does this mean that I at least have the correct stuff installed and that it's just my external hdd's that aren't compatible?

I've tried 3 different one's now, 2 of which are confirmed working on the compatibility list.

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know, maybe the fault is in the system setup. what are the typical settings that most people run as far as ios, reb 13 or 13 b (im using 13 not b) and i boot with 249 and not 222..

rathelfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rathelfrog said:
knoll said:
rathelfrog said:
i've gone through quite a bit of information and I have not seen this yet.

Say I have 1 game on the USB drive

using the Gx loader any revision
ios249
game page loads up and say I run the game the conduit.

then, after taking everything down, I go to the computer, and load up my next game onto the drive,
now there are 2 images on the usb drive. (both reading correctly though wbfs 3.0)

load up USBloader again (though the HBC) and look, now I have games but they share the same information.

so instead of game 2 different games on the loader screen. I have two games with 1 games information all over.

So now i have two games in the list called the conduit and not 2 individual games listed.

I have the same problem, and i haven't a solution either.

I'll give you an example:

In WBFS Manager (the sizes are made-up, I'm not at home right now):

Ghostbusters (2.7 GB)
Okami (4.2 GB)
Zelda (3.8 GB)
Wario Ware (2.4 GB)

In USB Loader GX:

Wario Ware (2.7 GB)
Wario Ware (4.2 GB)
Wario Ware (3.8 GB)
Wario Ware (2.4 GB)

As you see, the ISO-sizes are the only things that differ. And the only thing that boots is WarioWare, no mater which one I boot.

I also wanted to add, that If I remove one game from the two game example, the other game loads fine and is recognized fine, its just when they are paired up does the duplication happen. Also the download covers does recognize the individual copies when there is only one game on the drive..

i.e. if the conduit is on it, then it shows conduit
if yu gi oh is on it, then it shows yu gi oh

if both are on it the both iso are represented with the conduit and of course see above for the issue.

CONFIRMED REV 464 WORKS in this sad sad scenario..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь