heggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
giantpune said:
heggie said:
I have been running from USB until rev r568. Trying r581,r583,r584 cause I like the idea of WiiTDB, but these dols seem to load the config ALWAYS from SD. (I know cause I fiddled in the file and recognize the differences from the SD version of the config). Thought I change all SD to USB and it is reflected in the settings screens. It even save images I download to the USB folders. Settings on the other hand ALL are saved to the SD...
I cannot reproduce this at all. using this test dol http://www.mediafire.com/?mrddyzzyzzn. It just tells you at startup where it gets the config from. tested sd&usb both HBC and with the forwarder. all 4 tests it showed that it got the config from where it was loaded from. if you are going to test this dol out, just use it for this testing this out cause there is some unfinished stuff in it that runs a small(but real) chance of bricking if you go clicking around on the buttons and stuff.

if this dol shows anything different than what it should, i dont know what to tell you. it works fine for everyone that tested it. put your wii in the dishwasher and then the drier on med heat for 47minutes and it should fix it.

Will try the test dol and report back!
Keep up the great work anyhow. Running quite happy again on the r468. So if anything weird comes up, I 'll just stick with that one for a while. Till the strange stuff magically disappears: do not fancy the idea of a washed up Wii
frown.gif

EDIT
Figure this: tried the test dol, no SD card present in slot. Using the 16-06 forwarder it shows SD: . Using HBC 1.0.3 it shows USB: .
wacko.gif

For anyone interested: my Wii is a downgraded 4.2E, using Wanin's Rev12, Hermes mload 202, 222, 223 present but unused, BootMii Boot2 installed, for that matter.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
muuh said:
Now that there's a cheat manager and so on. Is there a way to download the cheats or do I have to add them manually from pc?

Use the app "Code Downloader" to download Orcania cheats, then run "Cheat Manager" to convert them into GCT files (to use with USB Loader GX)

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tagteam3283 said:
i dont think u guys are understanding my question:

i used to run via SD all working using the forwarder

i then xferred the folders onto a USB partition on my HDD, 2ndline partition is WBFS with games on

changed the config file and replaced all the SD paths with USB

removed the SD

used the forwarder, the app launches so the forwarder is finding the app

however, no images etc, can't save any setting, keeps asking to insert an SD card

when i access the customer paths the paths all start with SD/....

now then,

if i launch the app using HBC without the SD card in, the app runs fine with all images, the custom paths starting with USB //... and i can seave the settings.

does this make it clearer?

You have to change your paths in the /config/GXGlobal.cfg file to be "USB:/pathtoimages/"
Make sure you use the proper format for the path. USB:/path/
Colon : one slash / path, one slash /

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
Hooya said:
tagteam3283 said:
i dont think u guys are understanding my question:

i used to run via SD all working using the forwarder

i then xferred the folders onto a USB partition on my HDD, 2ndline partition is WBFS with games on

changed the config file and replaced all the SD paths with USB

removed the SD

used the forwarder, the app launches so the forwarder is finding the app

however, no images etc, can't save any setting, keeps asking to insert an SD card

when i access the customer paths the paths all start with SD/....

now then,

if i launch the app using HBC without the SD card in, the app runs fine with all images, the custom paths starting with USB //... and i can seave the settings.

does this make it clearer?

You have to change your paths in the /config/GXGlobal.cfg file to be "USB:/pathtoimages/"
Make sure you use the proper format for the path. USB:/path/
Colon : one slash / path, one slash /

hooya tnx 4 the reply.

once again i dont think u guys are getting this. the config file on the HDD partition has all the customer paths as USB...., when i launch the loader via HBC, the loader works fine i.e. the settings show all paths as USB....., images load,

when i launch via the forwarder without the SD card inserted, the loader opens with no images etc. when i look into the settings, the custom paths are all SD....

i then disnonect the HHD and connect to the PC and the config file on the HDD is still showing the paths as USB....

its as though the forwarder is using its own config file

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, quick thought here...

Have you tried replacing the forwarder channel?

Plus I thought there was a global setting that you had to say was using the USB, not just the custom paths.

Possible last resort... let the loader create a new config and then replace it again with your edited one.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Remove everything related to USB Loader GX from your SD card. It's looking there for a config file first, and something is not right in the paths for your config file that's stored on the USB drive.

Make sure you're using a forwarder and not a channel, and use the latest version for everything.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to follow weiff's advice and let the USB loader create a new default config file, then edit it on your PC to put the right paths in.

We understand your problem, there's just something you or we are overlooking or missing.

DeadX95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have noticed that on the readme it says that i must install either cIOS249rev9 or higher, cIOS222, or cIOS223. whenever i search for cIOS249, i get something like cIOS36 rev 13, and i'm not sure if it is the same thing. i have also found a file titled cIOS249, but i read somewhere that it meant nothing. My question is, which one should i install, cIOS249 or cIOS36 rev 13, in order for the USB loader GX to work?

also, does my USB device have to have an internal energy source? i.e. can i use a flash drive?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please post the 3d box and disk art for Wii Sports Resort? No matter what I do I keep getting ones that have a white or black box on the outside.

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how does the ocarina icon work? I can get codes to work by just enabling it in the menu, but when I click the ocarina icon it just says no codes found, what directory is it looking for?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadX95 said:
i have noticed that on the readme it says that i must install either cIOS249rev9 or higher, cIOS222, or cIOS223. whenever i search for cIOS249, i get something like cIOS36 rev 13, and i'm not sure if it is the same thing. i have also found a file titled cIOS249, but i read somewhere that it meant nothing. My question is, which one should i install, cIOS249 or cIOS36 rev 13, in order for the USB loader GX to work?

also, does my USB device have to have an internal energy source? i.e. can i use a flash drive?

cIOS36rev13 will install as IOS249, it's a Custom (the "c") IOS based on 36, the 13th revision. So that's why it's called as cIOS36rev13. On the Wii it will install as "IOS249" for use with software like USB Loaders and Homebrew.

So you're finding the right stuff.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fat Cow said:
how does the ocarina icon work? I can get codes to work by just enabling it in the menu, but when I click the ocarina icon it just says no codes found, what directory is it looking for?

It'll be in your Custom Paths option in the settings. By default I think it's /codes/ or /txtcodes/ or something.

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Fat Cow said:

It'll be in your Custom Paths option in the settings. By default I think it's /codes/ or /txtcodes/ or something.
i have codes files in both of those folders, gct in codes and text file in txtcodes, and GX and other loaders can recognize them.

it's just the ocarina icon doesn't recognize any of the code files, enabling ocarina in the game's option menu does work.

Razorwing

Elite Four Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody managed to get One Piece Unlimited Cruise Ep 1 working on this loader? Whatever settings I try I always just get a black screen, this is the first game I have had any troubles with. I am trying to run the PAL game on a PAL Wii, latest rev of the loader and rev13a / 222 / 223.

leonhart83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to autoboot this loader through Bootmii?

What is the config commands?

If not I don't really want to install it cause it is still two click process from homebrew channel, same as it is for me now.

Thanks,

Micky.

olijack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't think it is possible to do from bootmii however if you install preloader as well you can get USB Loader to run straight from startup.

1. Firstly install preloader if you haven't already.
2. Set bootmii to boot straight to the system menu
3. Boot the system with an SD Card in the slot with the dol file you want to start at boot and hold down the reset button on your console to bring up the preloader menu.
4. Move to Load/install file and you will see the dol file select this and press A the file will then install to your system
5. When done press B to go back to the preloader menu
6. Move to settings
7. Change autoboot setting to file
8. Move to save press A

When you reboot your system now it will booy straight to USB Loader to load Bootmii simply change the bootmii config to boot it instead or to boot to systemmenu or Homebrew Channel simly hold down reset on boot which load the preloader menu and select either Systemmenu or Homebrew Channel from this menu and it will load to that instead for that boot alone to change default simply change the autoboot option in preloader settings to what you wish to boot :-)

leonhart83 said:
Is there a way to autoboot this loader through Bootmii?

What is the config commands?

If not I don't really want to install it cause it is still two click process from homebrew channel, same as it is for me now.

Thanks,

Micky.

DeadX95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got some weird stuff going on. when i use the USB loader channel, it comes up and my usb drive says cannot be formatted on all 4 partitions. if i try and format, i get a code dump.
on the homebrew app, however, i format it just fine. the problem is that it says i have 0000g of 0000g remaining. if i try to create an iso , i get a code dump. I am using a USB stick with only 938 megabytes at the moment as a test, so if that's the problem then i'll use a bigger drive. i have cIOS249rev13a installed on my wii. what am i doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anyone here?