• Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Both partitions need to be set as primary, however, the FAT32 partition must come before the WBFS partition.
wrong. I have a WBFS partition before my FAT partition and it works fine. Just make sure the fats one says active when you look at it in windows disk manager. and test if HBC can load apps from it. if HBC doesnt see your partition, then this app/ forwarder won't.

>>>>>EDIT>>>>>>>>>>
A picture is worth 1,000 words. Just make your drive look like this.--> drive letter, FAT, dark blue, active. It doesn't matter what program you use to achieve this. But make it look like this it windows disk management and then you can all quit asking.
http://img188.imageshack.us/i/manage.jpg/
http://img18.imageshack.us/i/diskmanagement.jpg/

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
0ld8oy said:
Both partitions need to be set as primary, however, the FAT32 partition must come before the WBFS partition.
wrong. I have a WBFS partition before my FAT partition and it works fine. Just make sure the fats one says active when you look at it in windows disk manager. and test if HBC can load apps from it. if HBC doesnt see your partition, then this app/ forwarder won't.

I stand corrected. Thanks
tongue.gif

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
Hooya said:
dogmanky said:
wr0ngway said:
I'm unable to get the forwarder (16/6/09) to load the app (r576) from my USB drive. I can load the app from USB using HBC (1.0.3), and everything works fine in the app once it is running. All the paths in app config have a USB prefix. When I start the forwarder I see the loading screen, then blank, then the wii tiles as it restarts. The HD activity light does flicker during this process. Anyone have any ideas?

cIOS38_rev13a
HD (WD Passport 160G) plugged into bottom slot (doesn't work in top slot)
2 partitions:
1st = HBFS, 155GB
2nd (active) = FAT, 5GB

Are you sure your 2nd partition is FAT and not FAT32? Someone correct me, but I think 4GB is the max FAT partition.

Regardless of partition size, FAT32 is a better choice anyway. Also, make sure both partitions are active/primary or you'll probably run into issues.
hi guys, me tryng this as well,
unabl;e to set both as active via windows disk manager, as soon as one is set tio active, the other comes off active

to set the separate partitions i had to do this [seagate go 500gb]
1) set primary partition 1gb fat32
2) set primary partition remaining 476Gb no format
3) remove 1st partition
4) plug drive into usb,laoder gx and use formnat to wfbs
5) set primary partition to 1gb again and active
6) run installer, change setting to USB

using other methods the WBFS manager errors when formatting
when using WASmanager, i get an error -1 when accessing both USB and USB 2 drive

any ideas?

cant see npothing from USB in HBC1.03. do i have to change the settings in HBC to read USB?

okay ,can see apps in HBS now and WADmanager picks up USB2 wads, however, getting a -4100 error when installing

then when trying again, error -1

okay so i installed the forwarded using my SD card adn all working fine now. still, never seen the 4100 error b4

malu05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Release. Thanks alot for this.

However im having a MAJOR problem. I can ONLY run one (1) game. If i run 1 game, press the home button and play another (or the same again) the screen goes black stay black untill i turn off the power to the wii and restart it the "hard" way.
I have tried to set the wii in standby every time i played a game but it did not help it... I must turn off the power to the wii to play another game.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malu05 said:
Super Release. Thanks alot for this.

However im having a MAJOR problem. I can ONLY run one (1) game. If i run 1 game, press the home button and play another (or the same again) the screen goes black stay black untill i turn off the power to the wii and restart it the "hard" way.
I have tried to set the wii in standby every time i played a game but it did not help it... I must turn off the power to the wii to play another game.

This is an old problem and is due to the cIOS and not to the loader....:-(.
After each game reset to wii menu and then start your loader again (without doing a hard reset) that should help.

wr0ngway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
dogmanky said:
wr0ngway said:
I'm unable to get the forwarder (16/6/09) to load the app (r576) from my USB drive. I can load the app from USB using HBC (1.0.3), and everything works fine in the app once it is running. All the paths in app config have a USB prefix. When I start the forwarder I see the loading screen, then blank, then the wii tiles as it restarts. The HD activity light does flicker during this process. Anyone have any ideas?

cIOS38_rev13a
2 partitions:
1st = HBFS, 155GB
2nd (active) = FAT, 5GB

Are you sure your 2nd partition is FAT and not FAT32? Someone correct me, but I think 4GB is the max FAT partition.

Regardless of partition size, FAT32 is a better choice anyway. Also, make sure both partitions are active/primary or you'll probably run into issues.

Thanks for the help. As far as I know one can't have 2 active partitions on a disk - is this not correct? I use a Mac, so I initially partitioned the drive using "Disk Utility" into 2 FAT partitions, and DU automatically uses FAT32 for partitions over 2GB. I didn't check, but I assume it used 2 primary partitions. I then used wbfs from the command line to init the larger (first) partition, and put all my games on there. The 2nd smaller partition has the apps/config/etc dir structure.

This was initially not working for me even from the Homebrew Channel, but then I set the smaller FAT partition active (using fdisk on os x) and it started to work. However, still not working from forwarder
frown.gif
The fact that it _does work_ from HBC leads me to believe that there is just some mundane little detail escaping my attention
smile.gif

I keep seeing conflicting advice about the FAT partition needing to be the first partition - I guess I could try it that way, but would rather avoid it as it means reloading all my games after a repartition. Also, I could try it as a smaller FAT16 partition if someone thinks that would help.

Is there anyway to turn on debug info in the forwarder so I could see where it is crapping out? I am a developer, so not afraid of the command line or tweaking the source - though I don't have a wii toolchain setup, so that might take a while.

Any ideas/help appreciated.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wr0ngway said:
Hooya said:
dogmanky said:
wr0ngway said:

cIOS38_rev13a
2 partitions:
1st = HBFS, 155GB
2nd (active) = FAT, 5GB

Thanks for the help. As far as I know one can't have 2 active partitions on a disk - is this not correct? I use a Mac, so I initially partitioned the drive using "Disk Utility" into 2 FAT partitions, and DU automatically uses FAT32 for partitions over 2GB. I didn't check, but I assume it used 2 primary partitions. I then used wbfs from the command line to init the larger (first) partition, and put all my games on there. The 2nd smaller partition has the apps/config/etc dir structure.

This was initially not working for me even from the Homebrew Channel, but then I set the smaller FAT partition active (using fdisk on os x) and it started to work. However, still not working from forwarder
frown.gif
The fact that it _does work_ from HBC leads me to believe that there is just some mundane little detail escaping my attention
smile.gif

I keep seeing conflicting advice about the FAT partition needing to be the first partition - I guess I could try it that way, but would rather avoid it as it means reloading all my games after a repartition. Also, I could try it as a smaller FAT16 partition if someone thinks that would help.

Is there anyway to turn on debug info in the forwarder so I could see where it is crapping out? I am a developer, so not afraid of the command line or tweaking the source - though I don't have a wii toolchain setup, so that might take a while.

Any ideas/help appreciated.

If giantpune says it doesn't need to be first then it doesn't need to be first.

ruch182

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a bit of trouble downloading covers for my games. Everytime I click to download them, it acts normally, downloading the png files, then suddenly comes up with a message saying "files not found on the server!"

Is there any fix for this? I know it's not necessary to have the covers on the interface, but it definitely is a nice touch. Are there any fixes?

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, okay, I'm getting LOTS of crashes in rev 579. Every other rev has worked PERFECT until this one.
Keep in mind, I'm using a FAT partition to load the app and all other files for it, and I launch it with the forwarder.

It crashes when I:
1. Try to exit settings
2. Try to change the lists
3. Try to download covers
4. TRY TO LOAD GAMES, DEFEATING THE PURPOSE ALL TOGETHER.

Also, it won't load any covers, themes, or config files.
I think most of these are just issues with the FAT loading, but games won't boot anymore with this rev, why is that? It's literally useless to me, any ideas why?

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
bnm81002 said:
I remember seeing about about the ability to change the Game Title but don't remember how to do it, can someone tell me how please? thanks

Highlight the game and press A once. When the little menu with the spinning disc comes up, simply point at and click on the game's title at the top and it will bring up the keyboard for you.

jjplayground said:
icpmattj said:
QUOTE(slingshot27 @ Jul 5 2009, 09:22 PM) Move from SD to USB HD ???
===================
I have a working USBLoader GX on a SD cart. I read everything can be run from HDD which look oke for me. I just can not seem to get it working.
What have I done.
I have a WBFS partition 450 Gb. I also have a FAT32 partition 45 Gb.
I copied the following folder to the HDD card
\apps\usbloader gx
\wtheme
\config
\images
\backgroundmusic

In the config file I changes all path to use USB: instead of SD:

When I start USBLoader GX through the forwarder the loader starts en reboots to the main wii screen.
I have also deleted all folders except the apps folder.
Al the same
frown.gif

Can some tell me what to do please?

The fat32 partition has to be partition #1 on the drive.

Also make sure your using the latest forwarder.Not all forwarders look on the hard drive.

Use the latest one here

http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/forwarders
Oh oh can I swap the 2 partitoon without losing all the data on
data. I think I have sey both patition to primary.

The fat32 has to be the first partition for MPlayer ce but works as the 3rd partition for me.

Huwie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I just hit the "Update All" button on my usb loader gx and now I get a "Exception DSI Occured" error with a black screen.

I'm using cIOS38_rev13a on a 4.0e softmodded wii.

I updated as the loader was a little flakey at recognising my Maxtor 200gb external hd and the changelogs since the version I had indicated that the update might fix it. Should I have just updated the dol when given the option on screen or was I right to click the update all?

Any suggestions would be great.

Huwie.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:

is it possible to reformat my drive to FAT32? I have it as FAT right now, if I do reformat it to FAT32, do I have to reformat the WBFS partition of the drive as well? I have well over 125 games and reinstalling it all would be a headache, thanks

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
Hooya said:

is it possible to reformat my drive to FAT32? I have it as FAT right now, if I do reformat it to FAT32, do I have to reformat the WBFS partition of the drive as well? I have well over 125 games and reinstalling it all would be a headache, thanks

No, you can just reformat that single partition. No risk to your WBFS partition at all unless it's your own error selecting the wrong drive letter!

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
bnm81002 said:
Hooya said:

No, you can just reformat that single partition. No risk to your WBFS partition at all unless it's your own error selecting the wrong drive letter!

ok thanks for the help

Hai1242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No one else have the problem where you have to run the game a second time before it actually boots up? The first time you run it there is a black screen and must have a hard reset.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hai1242 said:
No one else have the problem where you have to run the game a second time before it actually boots up? The first time you run it there is a black screen and must have a hard reset.

That usually happens to me when I try to boot a game immediately after it's installed. After a reboot everything works perfectly. Now I just reboot right after I install a game before trying it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...