• Replies 29,378
  • Likes 48

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
For installing Hermes' cIOS222, do I have to have IOS36 on the SD-card? If so, where? Maybe that's why the installation crashes when I select IOS36 as base wad.

Edit: I'll try it in some minutes...

Hi SpaceJump i saw people saying that your forwarder isnt crashing on loading it from preloader. Can you provide me with information what causes the crash or provide me with the source? I can add it to our official forwarder for it to be loadable through preloader too. I dont have preloader thats why i dont know whats the reason for it not working. (if its still the case i am not even sure on that lol). You can send me a pm with your answer or reach me on our IRC channel
wink.gif

Enkera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wii Music boots from USB loader GX but Mario Kart and WarioWare don't. they give a black screen after loading the wrist-strap warning,
i have 4.0E and using PAL games here, however Mkart en WWare do work when burnt to disk and loaded with gamma,
any ideas? i need a cIOS rev#?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Just FYI dimok - I am on 4.0u and could open the loader no matter what cIOS222 I installed after setting GX to run globally as 222. Now, some games don't like it at all, but that's a different story.

In my tests I noticed no performance, speed or compatibility improvements on any variety of cIOS222 (or 223 on individual game settings) over cIOS249rev_12. Several games will not work for me if I have global set one way and the individual game set the other (Metroid). The old problem of needing a disk in the drive for some games comes back with anything other than 249rev12+ and since loading speeds are all just about identical (at most 10% different, and not always consistently in favor of one cIOS) there seems to be no reason for me to do anything other than focusing on 249rev12 right now.

I appreciate the feature though, as some people expect it to be better for whatever reason.

I don't know if this is just my HDD but it seems to shutdown a lot better after using 222, when I use 249 you can audibly hear the drive spool down as if the power cord has just been ripped out, 222 does not do that. If this is true for all drives, it makes a good reason to use 222 over 249 as it may extend the life of your HDD.

fitzfuchs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Coverwall for 4:3?

Hi, i use rev501.
i noticed the the coverwall now is only for 16:9 format tv screens. But i have a 4:3 old tv. Is there maybe an option to switch back to the old coverwall? Or maybe the loader will notice my format and will use the format automaticly?

greetz Fitz

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bannerxeu.png
r502
Current -- DOL / ELF/channel (it was out a while now. starstemr forgot to post it here)

Hermes' latest cIOS support is here

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page for the
latest official channel (r475 - 2009/06/08),
the new official forwarder (2009/06/09),
official covers (2009/05/28) and discs (2009/05/30) packs, language files,
old hermes 222 which was compatible, Waninkoko's cIOS38 v13b plus anything else that worth the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.AND
Click here to stay informed on the current NEWS about the loader and important stuff
(plz read
the first post or the help page + FAQ page at the sitebefore asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fitzfuchs said:
Coverwall for 4:3?
Hi, i use rev501.
i noticed the the coverwall now is only for 16:9 format tv screens. But i have a 4:3 old tv. Is there maybe an option to switch back to the old coverwall? Or maybe the loader will notice my format and will use the format automaticly?
greetz Fitz
It's the same as it was when I first made it. I just forgot to put in the else statement in there. I never wrote the bits for 4/3 setup so you were just seeing what was made for widescreen on a 4/3 tv. maybe after all the bugs are worked out of it and i run out of stuff to do (of if my 16/9 tv breaks) then i'll write it for 4/3.

minceds

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey
smile.gif

It's about time I contributed something - I've compiled a wad of revision 497 of the USB Loader that has it's bootdevice variable set to USB:/ instead of SD:/, so by default it will save it's covers, config files and everything to the Fat partition of the USB HDD rather than the SD card. I feel this makes the wad version much more versatile, as the only reason you'd want it over a forwarder is if you didn't want the SD card in the Wii all the time.
I only made this because I was tired of having to keep the SD card in my Wii just for the config file, somebody out there will probably find this useful
smile.gif
It's a five minute code change but not everyones willing to compile their own .dol lol

Tested and working on 4.0 with cIOS. You can grab it here.

If theres an issue with third-party compiles or using the official banner tell me and I'll take it down no question
smile.gif

Dr4c0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have configured everything i love this loader....but can you change between themes while in the loader?like quickly in list form....i havent kept up to date with the changes....or do you have to change path everytime? just wonderin

also second error......when i try to dl the images from the loader.....says all 181 games were not found on the server.......i know im connected to internet if you know of this problem tell me please. im on r502

Edit: i got the downloads working.........dun know how...it just started working all of a sudden....

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok tested rev503 close to being the most stable in a while.

Tested the new grid mod and found things looking alot better.
For good movement have at least 7 games,
16 & 42 games count gives problem with movement, if moving left or right huge gaps in icons placement.
17 & 43 games count has problems, if moving left then move right one icon is skiped not that bad.
44 games count has problems, if moving left then move right two icon is skiped not that bad.

Great Job! I love the fix of the code dumps, Just put this out there so people will know and not make a big deal out of it till you find fixes for these small problems.
Thanks again.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

Just want to say this loader is great. I sort of forgot about the softmod stuff for the wii after 0.3 Gamma was released.

I decided to read up on whats new yesterday, and decided to get USB Loader GX on my Wii, as I had an old 160GB USB harddrive lying about doing nothing.

So, I now have it all up and running fine, but with a few niggly issues which aren't too major, but was wondering if anyone else got them? (I updated to the latest version of GX loader as of yesterday evening) .

1. When changing the Game layout view, I get a code dump error and the Wii crashes when I select the grid layout.
2. The Wiimote doesn't work when plugged into my Wii guitar and I can't guide the cursor around the USB Loader GX menu - now this might be fine for people with more than 1 wiimote, but I only have one. Just a minor pain as I play this game quite a lot.

Questions:

What is the best cIOS38 revision to use for this - rev9, rev10, rev12, rev13, rev13a, rev13b ?

Also - is there a repository somewhere that you can download the above cIOS revisions from?

EDIT

found the cIOS's here - http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=596a3e2...95965eaa7bc68bc

Also read up on the grid layout and realise this is probably a known bug.

Regardless - this is an excellent piece of software.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I can't get 501 to work...I start it, it tells me there's no USB device found and presents me with the option of using ios249 or 222. I use 249, reinsert my usb pendrive and it tells me "No WBFS partition found", giving me the option to format the drive. Even if I choose to format it tells me "no partition found" and that's it. With previous revisions the same pendrive works like a charm, and so does with my pc (wbfs manager 3.0). I don't know what to do! Plus, trying ios222 freezes everything! Tried both the dol and the elf. help!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dimok said:
SpaceJump said:
For installing Hermes' cIOS222, do I have to have IOS36 on the SD-card? If so, where? Maybe that's why the installation crashes when I select IOS36 as base wad.

Edit: I'll try it in some minutes...

Hi SpaceJump i saw people saying that your forwarder isnt crashing on loading it from preloader. Can you provide me with information what causes the crash or provide me with the source? I can add it to our official forwarder for it to be loadable through preloader too. I dont have preloader thats why i dont know whats the reason for it not working. (if its still the case i am not even sure on that lol). You can send me a pm with your answer or reach me on our IRC channel
wink.gif
Sorry, I don't why my Forwarder doesn't crash with preloader and others do.
You can get the Forwarder and its source here. I released the source code a while ago. Feel free to put it on your site
smile.gif

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I did, I have the wii in vertical position and I use the left port (looking from the front). It would be the bottom port when your wii is horizontal. I'm sure it's the correct one because the previous revisions work well with the pendrive in that port.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
I have found the following works with all of my current games, I do not need to power off the Wii between games, load speeds are good and so far no crashes or glitches.
rolleyes.gif

lecture.gif
Installing Hermes cIOS USB
  • Make sure you have the latest version of USB loader GX - currently 497+
  • Make sure any 00000001 directories have been deleted from the root of the SD card before starting or the cIOS install will most probably fail.
  • Install Hermes cIOS - LINK (This is V3)
  • Install to 222 using IOS 36 merged with 38 (I have changed mine to this setting now)
  • Also install to 223 using IOS 37 merged with 36
  • Unlock the loader and change the Game Load settings to IOS222 then re-start. (good idea to delete the game config file or some of the games may have their settings saved as IOS249 which will still hang after one game has been played)
lecture.gif
A bit off the topic but, If you are planing on using MplayerCE then also:
  • Install Hermes cIOS to 202 using IOS 36
  • Then install DVDx - LINK - using advanced option and install to cIOS 202. (use D pad to navigate)
  • if DVDx gives an error then use cIOS downgrader - LINK - and then install DVDx again after re-start
Have done this to my Wii running system menu 4.0E and everthing seems to be running well.

Hope This helps.

One last thing, I have a couple of games, Klonoa for example, that require a custom video mode set to Autopatch or they will hang on a black screen.

I have also forget to mention that Metroid and De-Bug still need a disk in the drive with 222. I have used the custom settings for these two games so they use cIOS249 and I can still start a second game on cIOS222 afterwards without turning off the Wii.
cool.gif

I've tried this, but when I restart, the USB drive is not recognized under 222. If I pick 249, it wants me to reformat the drive (that I don't want to do since I have 500GB+ installed which took forever).
So if I deleated the config file off the SD card, and it goes back to 249, the drive is recognized again, and the games play fine.
But I still need to turn off the wii to play a different game.
Suggestions?

teegale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed CIOS 13a and USB Loader GX 501. I do not have to restart between games....not sure what I did but it isn't freezing..

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I went back to rev 478, that works for me. Revisions from 492 and up don't work, always give me that error I told you about before (no partition found"), dunno why. Screw it, I'll stay with 478.
It's really annoying that newer versions don't work...same error as Moose13, I even tried telling the program to format but it gave me another "no partition found" error.

teegale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyrianCubed said:
I went back to rev 478, that works for me. Revisions from 492 and up don't work, always give me that error I told you about before (no partition found"), dunno why. Screw it, I'll stay with 478.
It's really annoying that newer versions don't work...same error as Moose13, I even tried telling the program to format but it gave me another "no partition found" error.

I usually get this error after selecting CIOS249, once I select that I replug the power on my hard drive. It will say "No WBFS partition found". I select "Return" and then reload USB Loader GX and it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==