Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
invitroo said:
Hi, I always have the problem between the execution of two games. When I leave a game for another play, and restart the console at that time to start the game freezes the image at GX USB loader and I can still move the pointer but nothing else, I must therefore this time close the console.

And after that it's ok for one game, or i close wii between game !

Thanks for your help

This is a known bug with cIOSrev13 and cIOSrev13b. I rolled back to rev12 and haven't had any issues. It's not a problem with the loader.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teegale said:
Quick question. I have a 500GB Seagate Free Agent. I've turned Auto Sleep OFF via the Seagate software. Everything works fine at first, but when I turn off my Wii at night and turn it back on again in the morning to play it won't read my HDD. I physically need to unplug both my Wii and HDD for it to read again. It's not a big deal but was wondering if there was any fix for this?

I had the same problem. I couldn't deal with it since I have young children playing the wii. I changed out the HD for a WD. No problems after that.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the XML information is a BRILLIANT idea! Might I chip in my 2 cents?

The first games to get an XML thing should be those that have issues running. Initially the XML should just be a quick statement saying "This game has stability issues" or "This game needs a disk in the drive to run" or "Only play House of the Dead 3, episode 2 doesn't work". You see what I mean?

I like how there are some custom covers that kind of cover this idea, but it'd be nicer to have the normal looking color and this more detailed description for those problematic games.

pamtayls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
another qucik question: and sorry if this has been asked here already:

Is there a way to reset game to go back to usb loader instead of rebooting into wii sys menu?

Thanks
pamtayls

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pamtayls said:

Is there a way to reset game to go back to usb loader instead of rebooting into wii sys menu?

Thanks
pamtayls

Nope. I'm not even sure that would be possible. I might be wrong, but I think every individual game would have to be hacked in order to return to anywhere other than the System Menu, as the "return to" code is within the game. So without a game's source code, no luck.

teegale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moose13 said:
teegale said:
Quick question. I have a 500GB Seagate Free Agent. I've turned Auto Sleep OFF via the Seagate software. Everything works fine at first, but when I turn off my Wii at night and turn it back on again in the morning to play it won't read my HDD. I physically need to unplug both my Wii and HDD for it to read again. It's not a big deal but was wondering if there was any fix for this?

I had the same problem. I couldn't deal with it since I have young children playing the wii. I changed out the HD for a WD. No problems after that.

I've found an easier solution but still haven't fixed it. When it doesn't read just run CIOS 249 and replug the power cord on your HDD. If anyone knows how to fix this issue with this drive feel free to pm me!

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
imapterodactyl said:
I might be wrong, but I think every individual game would have to be hacked in order to return to anywhere other than the System Menu, as the "return to" code is within the game. So without a game's source code, no luck.

that answers my Q aswell. unless the return to menu code in games is relatively simple to catch and the loader could patch in on-the-fly when loading?? i've no idea. i know the wii has no running OS (?) so this kind of thing is difficult.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
pamtayls said:

Thanks
pamtayls

With preloader, you can do that.

Solecist

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
i know this is off topic but....i had this problem for a long time now.
I ve been using a SD of 2GB ....fat32. .. no problem at all.....but before this, i used a 4gb sd card...and some things didnt work ...
I, for a need of space, want to work now with a 4gb -fat32 ....but...it took maybe 40minutes to copy all to the SD... and now, i can enter in Homebrew channel and see the stuff, but, most of apps dont work....they give me an " ERROR! (ret = -1) "...i cant isntall wads with this sd....why?

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
pamtayls said:

Thanks
pamtayls

With preloader, you can do that.

gah, looks like i'm gonna have to install preloader. but can anyone please link me a clear guide how to UNinstall preloader. i don't want to be stuck with something no longer in dev :/
edit n/m, found some threads:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155...p;#entry1982316
sorry

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starstremr said:
john.jingle said:
starstremr said:
john.jingle said:
How do I fix a 002 Error with this USB loader? Punch Out/Madworld worked for my other USB Loaders but I get a 002 error with this one...

there are 2 fixes for this.

1. in the settings menu for each game there is a 002 error fix you have to enable so try that i also have cios rev12

or

2. install cios13 not cios13b

I don't see anything that is labeled '002 fix' on settings (both on game specific settings and overall settings). I'm using cios rev13.

the settings is in the loader it self not the cios when in loader gx click on game you want then click settings and it should be there.

Yeah, that's what I meant by game specific settings, when I unlock the USB Loader and then click the games and then the settings. Is that what you're talking about? Because I don't see anything about a 002 fix.

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Empyr69er said:
Is this the loader that is gonna have "CoverWall"? When does that version hit?

CoverWall has been implemented ages ago, been there the last 50revs already. Just called GameGrid instead if thats what youre talking about.

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could we possible have the default template add a little bit of depth to the 2D Cover's?
I don't think it would be hard to add...just add this to the background whenever using 2D Cover's

Another way to implement this, I think would be: adding the depth to the 2D Cover's that is being uploaded.

Don't think it would take a long time if someone use's Photoshop Actions and do a batch conversion and then re-upload the Cover's

It would look like the screenshot from the googlecode page.
wiimenutemplatev2.png

jmag1961

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe is off the topic, but I need to know how to install spanish language in usb loader gx and what version contains spanish language packet
thank you

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Can someone tell me what 'patch country strings' does? I need to translate it to dutch

It's basically a region changer. Some games don't boot properly on other consoles region (and not being a 249 game). One example is that Punch Out (PAL or NTSC-U) does not work on a JP Wii without it. Also, some games don't work with it on. Such as trying to play some JP games on a JP Wii with it on.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
djricekcn said:
tj_cool said:
Can someone tell me what 'patch country strings' does? I need to translate it to dutch
It's basically a region changer. Some games don't boot properly on other consoles region (and not being a 249 game). One example is that Punch Out (PAL or NTSC-U) does not work on a JP Wii without it. Also, some games don't work with it on. Such as trying to play some JP games on a JP Wii with it on.
Ok, I think I can use that
smile.gif

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think I have a 256GB card in my 3DS lol
    It's a New 3DS XL so it's still under warranty... If it ever breaks gonna make Nintendo fix it lol You said it was new.... For eternity!!!
    But my 3DS is loaded with emulators and 3DS games and DS games and GBA games probably thousands of games in total lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb going with my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, are most of those games shovelware?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah gotta buy 3 1tb SD cards for 3ds the entire libraries need archived in my home
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    >buys x3 1TB SD cards
    >stores the entire 3DS library on them
    >installs CFW
    >realised why I wasted loads of money and resources
    +2
    Lol no I clean my sets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cause it's in my home ready to go
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like uremum
    But 100 games on SNES and Genesis and GBA then TG16 and NES and GB and GBC then all the other random systems and arcade games it all adds up lol
    +1
    Virtual Boy alone has probably 5 games!!! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't mention any names in chat but some of us wastes $300 on preloaded hdds :tpi:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The PS5 had none.
    +2
    Lol I spent more than that on a stuffed 4TB drive lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I've yet to fill the 1tb internal drive on my ps5
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) except final fantasy 16. 2) why would I have a console's whole catalogue if most of the games are either shovelware or terrible games?
    Kind of a waste, but the allure of all those games over 100,000
    Some shovel ware with low ratings you might enjoy more than the ratings would sugest
    +1
    Cruisn on the Wii is one of my personal examples of that, it's considered one of the worst games of all time, I loved it and completed it several times.
    +1
    The trick for me was to go into the settings and crank up the Wiimote sensitivity to the max and it gets twitchy but you can win that way lol
    Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol
  • btei @ btei:
    lethal company servers are down rn
  • btei @ btei:
    my pocket pikachu is going crazy rn
    Pocket Pikachu sounds dirty lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pocket Pikachu sounds dirty lol