• Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

Coolguy88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coolguy88 said:
Hi all, my legally obtained games I put on my 1TB USB device sometimes loads up the game list in mere seconds for USB Loader GX, and sometimes it doesn't read it. I'm using rev12, putting it in the correct slot; anyone have any advice?
I fixed the problem by deleting the cfg file which apparently crapped out. I also crash 100% on the settings now, so I reverted to 441 and it works like a dream.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be pointless to do a rollback feature. If you get a broken version and can't get to the settings screen, how would you rollback? And what if you were using a broken version and updated to a broken version? All you could do is roll back to a broken one again.

Is is best if you just find a build you like and stick with it. Or if you are the adventurous type, keep a copy of a built that you think is stable for backup and then you can test out any revisions you want.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
well pune i dont just mean broken...what about working...but less stable witch happens MUCH MORE OFTEN than broken anyway

QUOTE said:
Is is best if you just find a build you like and stick with it. Or if you are the adventurous type, keep a copy of a built that you think is stable for backup and then you can test out any revisions you want.

and sorta defeats the convenience of a AUTO UPDATE FEATURE huh?

take out sd...plug into pc upstairs with card reader...fix boot.dol....go downstairs..put back in sd...done...easy enough yes...but prob avoidable with a rollback option on a "less desirable" update...because as i said (besides todays updates) I have never had any prob getting to the settings tabs even on a build i Manuely end up rolling back from...seems builds after 409 are less stable in general but i like R432 for now.... i am not bitchin pune just trying to urge that a very useful feature be considered
frown.gif

thanks for your time

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
well pune i dont just mean broken...what about working...but less stable witch happens MUCH MORE OFTEN than broken anyway

QUOTE said:

and sorta defeats the convenience of a AUTO UPDATE FEATURE huh?

take out sd...plug into pc upstairs with card reader...fix boot.dol....go downstairs..put back in sd...done...easy enough yes...but prob avoidable with a rollback option on a "less desirable" update...because as i said (besides todays updates) I have never had any prob getting to the settings tabs even on a build i Manuely end up rolling back from...seems builds after 409 are less stable in general but i like R432 for now.... i am not bitchin pune just trying to urge that a very useful feature be considered
frown.gif

thanks for your time

If you had a laptop with wireless downstairs you could save yourself a ton of walking with FTPii. That is how I do updates/changes.

Gavry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What version are people currently using as their 'stable' version? I can't remember how far back I need to go now to get a nice stable version with as many cool GUI features as possible.

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys they are aware of the setting code dumps seems to be happening in 442 -> 444 so just use 441 till they fix it and stop posting duplicate issue reports. please.

r441

invitroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
cios38 rev12 released and game "Animal Crossing" now works great, but now it's "Lego Star Wars" which no longer works.
I wish Cios38 rev13 hopefully solve any problems!

Good night

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raziel5000 said:
Will any version created allow other usb devices to be used while using the loader? ex. Rock Band, Guitar Hero.

The new CiOS 38 Rev12 allows it. It is a limitation of the CiOS, not the Loader. However, if you wait rev13 is supposed to be out tomorrow and will fix a few new issues.

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
invitroo said:
Hi,
cios38 rev12 released and game "Animal Crossing" now works great, but now it's "Lego Star Wars" which no longer works.
I wish Cios38 rev13 hopefully solve any problems!

Good night

My lego star wars works fine i have NTSC

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JazzFlight said:
This may have been asked before, but what's the difference between "Update .dol" and "Update All" on the update screen? This info is not in the opening post nor the news website.

Udpdate dol gives you the latest dol. Update All gives you the latest dol plus meta.xml plus icon (if you dont have it).

QUOTE(giantpune @ Jun 1 2009, 06:16 AM) It would be pointless to do a rollback feature. If you get a broken version and can't get to the settings screen, how would you rollback? And what if you were using a broken version and updated to a broken version? All you could do is roll back to a broken one again.

I agree with pune in some way ... maybe it would be a good idea (untill we figured something out) to post a list (with links to the .dols) of the most stable revisions on the first post? so we need to know from now on which versions is stable on most machines when a new rev. appears. I need your help for that
smile.gif

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ThetaSigma10 said:
do you think having a validate function would be handy? in case you have a bad dump.
that would only work if you would validate it with a retail disc. if you install from Backups and the backup would already be corrupted it would tell that it's fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol