• Likes 48

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
laurozza said:
tagteam3283 said:
so is there a list of games that require ANY disc to be in the drive
Here you can see which games requires a disc(in the notes): http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Launcher_v1

top banana dood

QUOTE(cyrex @ May 15 2009, 12:09 PM)
why are you people so obsessed with your friggin titles.txt???? what's the problem renaming the game inside th iso??? actually i was trying to get rid of titles.txt also as soon as these childprotectionlevelthing is moved to game specific settings
i use them to rename the files which are too long to fit into the titles area of the theme - housekeeping as such.

I didn't realise that it was't supposed to work like that and that you chaps are fazing the titles.txt out, which is why i posted it.

moose94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
freddy_c said:
Hmm. i have download the newest files i think, but i can´t download covers, can´t rename games, i don´t have + buttom for install games.
Whats wrong??
You need to unlock, i think the default unlock code is ab121b

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
freddy_c said:
Hmm. i have download the newest files i think, but i can´t download covers, can´t rename games, i don´t have + buttom for install games.
Whats wrong??
You have to unlock the loader in the settings menu.
QUOTE(moose94 @ May 15 2009, 03:52 PM) i think the default unlock code is ab121b
Exactly.

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
laurozza said:
freddy_c said:
Whats wrong??
QUOTE(moose94 @ May 15 2009, 03:52 PM) i think the default unlock code is ab121b
Exactly.

I hate to complain about stuff like this, but is there any reason the Loader is password protected by default? It seems like it would make more sense for the user to set their own password if they want the protection. I mean, anyone who wants that kind of functionality would already think to go to the settings to look for it, and it would cut down on every other page here having 4 or 5 posts dedicated to solving someone's catastrophic-lack-of-functionality bug that they just found that is happening only to them.

Additionally, since the default password is readily posted online, anyone really looking for protection has to go setup a new password anyway, so why bother setting one as a placeholder?

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is it normal, that since the last Build, installing Games from DVD to USB-HDD, takes a lil bit longer as before ???

The ProcessBar are slower as before :/

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My PAL version of Pikmin2 (New Play Control) is going B&W on my NTSC-U Wii. My question is: I have to force PAL or NTSC to make it go colorfull? It's hard to tell reds and blues apart :/

BTW, my TV is Pal, my Wii is NTSC and the game is Pal. Isn't that weird? XP

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Force NTSC if your console is NTSC and also if the game is still acting up use the VIDPATCH option this works even on the most stubborn region related issues...

Example: Playing a PAL version of a game on a NTSC console often REQUIRES VIDEO PATCH MODE TO BE ENABLED!

like Rogue Troopers PAL on a NTSC wii ....

In conclusion for your case you want to choose one of these two settings

Force PAL with video patch on
or
Force NTSC with video patch on.....

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry, it's just that I've never had problems, even because of my chip and everything, so I was trying not to mess up
tongue.gif

I'm gonna try that later! ^^

Thanks!

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
j0k3r said:
is it normal, that since the last Build, installing Games from DVD to USB-HDD, takes a lil bit longer as before ???

The ProcessBar are slower as before :/

What is the "last build" you are referring to? There have been recent changes to the install code as well as size estimation (which may lead to more accurate/different time estimates? I'm not sure). Honestly I'm still in the habit of loading up "Ultimate USB Loader" through the HBC as a barebones game ripper, since this loader used to always crash on me. I hear it's been fixed, but I'm too lazy to try it out, and since I got my new hard drive I don't want to start littering it with partial game rips if things are still buggy. Eventually I'll find the courage.

I have my own question now:

Could someone quickly go over the current state of widescreen handling? It's gone back and forth from different implementations in recent revs and all the while there's been a "widescreen fix" option that maybe does something different? Just looking for a little update. Thanks.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
REGARDING THE BULLSHIT OVER THE TITLE.TXT

@ My Man Cyrex!

Hey dude im not here to bitch bro
wink.gif
I just wondered if you had a chance to read my post yesterday...

One way to help this title.txt issue is to simply ADD A TOOLTIP WHEN HIGHLIGHTING THE GAMES NAME IN THE LOADER "Click to Re-Name Title"

Reason i say this is i have "experimented" by giviong some semi-noobish friends this loader and letting them figure it out themselfs as far as the setup went...

My friend Vlad for example was able to find this app SO USER FRIENDLY IN FACT! that he set everything he needed up with no helop at all....He only had a single question....

"how to change the text of the game in my list of games"

IRONY WOULD HAVE IT! HE USED YOUR TOOLTIPS AND FIGURED MOST OF IT OUT WITHOUT ANY NEED FOR HELP (posting/asking) So that SINGLE MISSING TOOLTIP was the reason that he had to call at all! he did not realize that you can rename the games IN THE LOADER ITSELF

moose94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swarmster said:
laurozza said:
freddy_c said:
Whats wrong??
Exactly.

I hate to complain about stuff like this, but is there any reason the Loader is password protected by default? It seems like it would make more sense for the user to set their own password if they want the protection. I mean, anyone who wants that kind of functionality would already think to go to the settings to look for it, and it would cut down on every other page here having 4 or 5 posts dedicated to solving someone's catastrophic-lack-of-functionality bug that they just found that is happening only to them.

Additionally, since the default password is readily posted online, anyone really looking for protection has to go setup a new password anyway, so why bother setting one as a placeholder?

Instead of reprogramming the loader to be "password free" as a default, the password could simply be provided in a "readme" file that is packaged with the download.

In fact a readme file could probably stop alot of the same questions from being asked in the thread.

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
moose94 said:
swarmster said:

Instead of reprogramming the loader to be "password free" as a default, the password could simply be provided in a "readme" file that is packaged with the download.

In fact a readme file could probably stop alot of the same questions from being asked in the thread.

A blank/null password is treated as a disabled password by the loader, so I assumed it would be as simple as changing one initial value in the code.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added a tooltip for the name button earlier but forgot to put it in the changelog. It still only renames to the hdd and not any txt files.

Solecist

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
ok guys...i tried to upload MY Themes in the site of the themes..but for some reason i couldnt... so...here it is the links...i would apreciate if someone could make FOTOS of the themes working (cause they are very cool, showing all stuff without annoying coordinates) and post them here or give me those in order to upload them in that site..

here are the links:

MarWiio Loader Theme
http://rapidshare.com/files/233327589/MarWiio_Loader.zip

SonWiic Loader Theme
http://rapidshare.com/files/233327590/SonWiic_Loader.zip

MetroWiid Loader Theme
http://rapidshare.com/files/233327592/MetroWiid_Loader.zip

Nintendo Loader Theme
http://rapidshare.com/files/233327591/Nintendo_Loader.zip

Whiite Loader Theme
http://rapidshare.com/files/233326735/Whiite_Loader.zip

Enjoy

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm... I guess since they released v1.0 this loader kinda slowed down... Not tellign anyone to do anything, but back then I was like "OMG! what are they gonna do next!" and kept checking the site every 5 minutes or so
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Texture and taste is way different with fruits than meats