OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IlluminiX said:
Is it possible to Turn the Sound OFF in the Config.txt? And if not, can it?

QUOTE(ZeD @ May 1 2009, 03:10 AM) I'm outta here! Gotta be in work in 6 hours

What I would like to see in the next revision (from what has been uploaded tonight) follows

+Ability to change certain settings through config.txt ie Ocarina, rumble, sound etc
+Change the moving of discs to the + and - buttons (like Wii Channels)

Also look into random themes (might be fun lol)

See You Later

One last time.... when it's DONE the loader will save everything you edit in it. So there will be NO NEED for shitty editing a config.txt via pc. If you choose the clock on it will save that the clock has to be on to the file by itself. If you choose ocarina on in a certain game it will save it to the file. If you choose sound off it will save it to the file. GOT IT NOW?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IlluminiX said:
Thanks - works great! Can this "Sound-OFF" feature be implemented in the future "official" builds? Thanks all around!

Yeah, compile it with a blank bg_music.ogg and click sounds.
Or mute your TV.
Or Change default value (around line 3973 in menu.cpp) to vol = 0;
yaypsp.gif

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If you choose ocarina on in a certain game it will save it to the file.

We just want a global setting for now which turns ocarina on and off. Remove it when fully complete but for now, its ok i think lol

liteon6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
can some one compile one for me that only allows you to acess the games and nothing more

no entering settings and with game cube controller compatabilty

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marinos35 said:
Also this is GUI usb loader, not CONFIG usb loader. It doesn't need extra options at the config that are at the GUI but options that are to config to be moved to the GUI.
DAMN IT, marinos35...
mad.gif
You keep saying SHIT about this being a GUI USB Loader, not a CONFIG Loader, but I don't see you doing anything about it!

There's NOTHING wrong about people requesting new features to be added to the loader! Until this loader is in a "version" state, instead of a "subversion" state, the EASIEST and quickest way, to implement and test new features, is to add them to an easily editable "config" file.

Once a new feature has been accepted by the community, and works well, then it can, and usually will, be added to the GUI!

Until then, stop your BITCHIN' about the GUI vs. CONFIG shit!! We are ALL sick of hearing it!!

mad.gif
mad.gif

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Mist3rJ3r3my said:
This loader is great!
But someone really needs to update the wiki on all the options you can use in the config.txt and theme.txt
I AGREE!
+1
biggrin.gif
I guess the wiki is having all config options that are currently available.
hungryip84... I think you may be wrong. The "show_tooltip" variable is missing, on the "Theme Settings" page.

biggrin.gif

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
@hungyip

Have you seen issue 153? Video patch has changed? At least 3 games had the similar behaviour (NTSC backups on PAL Wii). Video Patch ON.

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
marinos35 said:
Also this is GUI usb loader, not CONFIG usb loader. It doesn't need extra options at the config that are at the GUI but options that are to config to be moved to the GUI.
DAMN IT, marinos35...
mad.gif
You keep saying SHIT about this being a GUI USB Loader, not a CONFIG Loader, but I don't see you doing anything about it!

There's NOTHING wrong about people requesting new features to be added to the loader! Until this loader is in a "version" state, instead of a "subversion" state, the EASIEST and quickest way, to implement and test new features, is to add them to an easily editable "config" file.

Once a new feature has been accepted by the community, and works well, then it can, and usually will, be added to the GUI!

Until then, stop your BITCHIN' about the GUI vs. CONFIG shit!! We are ALL sick of hearing it!!

mad.gif
mad.gif

blink.gif
wtf.gif
ohmy.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl.gif

QUOTE(cyrex @ May 1 2009, 04:18 AM)
One last time.... when it's DONE the loader will save everything you edit in it. So there will be NO NEED for shitty editing a config.txt via pc. If you choose the clock on it will save that the clock has to be on to the file by itself. If you choose ocarina on in a certain game it will save it to the file. If you choose sound off it will save it to the file. GOT IT NOW?

LowKeyEnergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't need ocarina on/off by game . a global ocarina on/off is fine . if you don't want ocarina to run with a specific game , you won't have a .gct file for that game , so it won't load anyway .

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
... the EASIEST and quickest way, to implement and test new features, is to add them to an easily editable "config" file.

WHAT??!!
What have you been smoking?
wacko.gif
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? The easiest way to test new features is to add them and not to have any way to toggle them off. This is what we do several times for every revision. Do you think we sit around wasting our time with config files? Making options editable in any way (config, settings option, or otherwise) takes work. The code to look for the necessary stuff in a config file doesn't write itself.
lecture.gif

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
... the EASIEST and quickest way, to implement and test new features, is to add them to an easily editable "config" file.
WHAT??!!
What have you been smoking?
wacko.gif
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? The easiest way to test new features is to add them and not to have any way to toggle them off. This is what we do several times for every revision. Do you think we sit around wasting our time with config files? Making options editable in any way (config, settings option, or otherwise) takes work. The code to look for the necessary stuff in a config file doesn't write itself.
lecture.gif
What I meant by that was... When releasing a revision, with a new feature that a user can modify, it's easier for n00b users to edit a small config file "switch", than to have to edit code and recompile. Then, once the users confirm the new feature works, the config file "switch" can be removed, and added to the GUI.

I COMPLETELY understand the need to move away from "config" files, but we have to take one step at a time!
biggrin.gif

BTW... Thank You, giantpune, for all your hard work on this project!
biggrin.gif

yay.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What are the default cords for widescreen mode?

Im trying a custom theme and when i dont set any cord at all its all jacked up and if i set cords to the defaults i found posted somewhere its still jacked up.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since the following lines were modified in r230, does this mean that the defaults for these are now "0", instead of "1"?

Code:
THEME.showHDD = -1; //default, non-force mode
THEME.showGameCnt = -1; //default, non-force mode
Also...

I noticed that the new "clock_coords" variable is defaulting to (0, -120). All the other "y" coordinate values are positive. Will this new negative value cause any problems?

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CUSTOM r230 .DOL HERE ----> :: http://sharebee.com/d95ecad2

The ONLY thing that makes this "CUSTOM" is that I moved the "show_tooltip" variable to the "config.txt" file.

USAGE OF "show_tooltip"
Code:
##ÂÂshow_tooltip = 0, [1]ÂÂ--ÂÂ"0" means don't show tooltips, "1" means show tooltips (default).
show_tooltip = 1

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
  • VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU:
    Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice
    +1
    VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU: Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice +1