Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
invitroo said:
My wish list

1.Button for eject disk

2. Possibility see "id game" before installation.

why eject disk feature when you have to go up to the machine to pick up the disc anyway?

For some, reaching for the button is more annoying than reaching for the disc. =P The Wii can be in some hard-to-reach areas. I didn't understand the point either until I discovered the convenience for myself. =)

SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the possibility of being able to launch backup discs from the usbloader gx? Like a button that labeled "Backup Launcher" maybe even as a farworder to another boot.dol path (using some type of backuploader_config.txt so users can use there own disc backup loaders.

Hope makes sense. And I remember seeing the same questions being asked a while back but couldn't find it.

SG

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are a ton of requests here, many from newer members (not that post count = intelligence) for this app to do things that really are completely different applications.

I would pose the idea that this should be a Good, Stable USB Backup Launcher using WBFS before anything else is added.

If you want a media player, install one of the many media players available for the Wii.

If you want to load disks, install the Backup Launcher .3 Gamma.

Let the devs of this program worry about getting this thing running stable without codedumps and with better game compatibility before throwing in the kitchen sink.

By the way, can the next revision wipe my ass for me?

blackdog08

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all. Congrats on the awsome loader. I do have a problem tho....
besides the fact that i just had to spend the last day and a half reading to find out that infact my question has not been asked. lol
So, here goes.....

I downloaded the .dol and launched it, It says i have 0 games, shows none in the list, but my games are still taking up space.
I can use all of the games on the partition thru waninkoko's 1.5 still, along with Ultimate Usb Loader. Just not showing up in this yours.
I tried using the upgrade feature (which is sweet) and selected update all(incase I'd forgot something). Didn't help
I really couldn't be arsed going and dumping all my games again. There's way to many.

Has any1 else had this problem? Or is it just me?
Thankx in advance for any help.

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
nubecoder said:
self_slaughter said:
and as a quick request can we swap the + and - buttons around on the carousel view so it actually spins the dirrection you push... ie push + to spin to the right and - to spin to the left... just kinda seems backwards
smile.gif
Isn't that in the settings already? I think it's called Flip-X, I have mine set to "like sysmenu" I think.

[edit]
Small request, change the link to the themes thread contained on this page to the theme db website.
[/edit]

nah the flipx only changes the direction once you've clicked on a game and see the discs.... btw i really like the disc flip option in there now
smile.gif
but the carousel view goes backwards and the flipx settings don't effect that...

edit: it'd also be nice if you could hold the b button and drag to the left or right to spin the carousel like you use it to drag the list view up and down
smile.gif

SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
I would pose the idea that this should be a Good, Stable USB Backup Launcher using WBFS before anything else is added.

Let the devs of this program worry about getting this thing running stable without codedumps and with better game compatibility before throwing in the kitchen sink.

I Agree, Was just day dreaming out-loud. After giving the idea of loading outside boot.dols for adding integration could possibly open up a lot of doors without requiring a boat load of extra code (I would think). Maybe its time I learn to compile/modify the source myself.

QUOTE(Hooya @ Jun 1 2009, 09:31 PM) By the way, can the next revision wipe my ass for me?

That would be awsome. I see 3 sea shells in the future. LOL

SG

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blackdog08 said:
besides the fact that i just had to spend the last day and a half reading to find out that infact my question has not been asked. lol
So, here goes.....

I downloaded the .dol and launched it, It says i have 0 games, shows none in the list, but my games are still taking up space.
I can use all of the games on the partition thru waninkoko's 1.5 still, along with Ultimate Usb Loader. Just not showing up in this yours.
I tried using the upgrade feature (which is sweet) and selected update all(incase I'd forgot something). Didn't help
I really couldn't be arsed going and dumping all my games again. There's way to many.

Is the WBFS partition the first partition on the drive (Partition 0)? Do you have any other partitions on the drive? Does Waninkoko's 1.5 or Ultimate add anything other than .iso files to the WBFS partition?

invitroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haxxy said:
djricekcn said:
invitroo said:
My wish list

1.Button for eject disk

2. Possibility see "id game" before installation.

why eject disk feature when you have to go up to the machine to pick up the disc anyway?

For some, reaching for the button is more annoying than reaching for the disc. =P The Wii can be in some hard-to-reach areas. I didn't understand the point either until I discovered the convenience for myself. =)

Sorry, I have been misunderstood or badly I said what I wanted. In fact, a way to "remove the device safely" the hard drive! Sorry, my English is not so!

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blackdog08 said:
So, here goes.....

Have you checked to see that you havent selected Favorites view? I know it may sound stupid... but I was having the same problem none of my games were showing and didnt know what the heck was going on until I realized that was it. If you click List view at the top they should all appear again. Hopefully its that easy
smile.gif

nubecoder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
United States
~ Some what offtopic ~
SomeGuy2009 said:
Maybe its time I learn to compile/modify the source myself.
I've been thinking the same thing since I got my Wii and started reading/learning about the entire homebrew scene.

I have a fair amount of experience using C# and php, less using j2me, and even less using C/C++. Am I right when I assume that coding for the Wii is most similar to coding in C/C++?

Guess my next step should be hitting up google for devkitPro. =]

~ Back on topic ~
I agree stability and game compatibility should be on the top of the list, but I believe one of the dev's has stated that they are working on bugs as well as implementing new features at the same time.

Regardless, I have sumbitted my rollback idea to the google codepage, I guess I'll see if the dev's think it's worthy/worth the time.

=]

greevedogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blackdog....did you make sure your hdd is plugged into the correct usb slot? it makes a difference with the new cios rev12 if that's what you got

Daydreamer33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Internet-BUG is still present in r449.
If I start the Loader and check for updates and try to run a game Code-Dumps still present.

I (We all) hope that will be fixed finally.

Greetings DayD

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This codedumps are due to low memory caused by the Carousel which loads covers of ALL of your Games into memory. Carousel / Grid and Gamebrowser will soon be seperated from each other and only one of them is going to be loaded at a time (whichever is chosen). Right now all 3 are loaded.

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
This is a great program. Thnks to the makers.

Just a couple of things. Is it region free? And everytime I click on reset in the menu options inside a game, the game gets restarted - is this a feature or a flaw?

Cpt-DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got some more questions:

1) Is version 1.5 reliable or should i get 1.4?
2) What are scrubbed and compressed isos?
3) Does Madworld (and some other games) get error #002 even if i'm using the USB loader? And if so, is there any way to fix it?

I'm asking this because i already got my Wii bricked once but since it happened on the first 2 weeks after i bough it i just took it back to the store and they gave me a new one, no questions asked.

Thanks once again.

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
Cpt-DS said:
I got some more questions:

1) Is version 1.5 reliable or should i get 1.4?
2) What are scrubbed and compressed isos?
3) Does Madworld (and some other games) get error #002 even if i'm using the USB loader? And if so, is there any way to fix it?

I'm asking this because i already got my Wii bricked once but since it happened on the first 2 weeks after i bough it i just took it back to the store and they gave me a new one, no questions asked.

Thanks once again.

1) waninkokos 1.5 is the most reliable loader I've ever used
smile.gif

2) that just means that all the random junk used to fill the entire dvd to improve reading speeds are turned into something that can be compressed (shrunk down in size) so you can have a copy of a game saved as iso that may only use say half a gig on your hard drive instead of the full 4.7 gigs or whatever
3) madworld and everything works fine for me through the loader, only games that don't work are mortal kombat etc...

as for the bricking issues, i think this loader disables the system updates on games, but i have them disabled in preloader as well just to be sure
smile.gif

Cpt-DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all thanks for the help self_slaughter,

self_slaughter said:
2) that just means that all the random junk used to fill the entire dvd to improve reading speeds are turned into something that can be compressed (shrunk down in size) so you can have a copy of a game saved as iso that may only use say half a gig on your hard drive instead of the full 4.7 gigs or whatever

So compressed/scrubbed isos have slowdown issues?
wacko.gif

Oh and where do I have to put the game boxes img in order to make them appear on the usb loader?

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question here, seeing as how you added a favorites folder, I was wondering if you were going to go further with that, and add more ways to sort, such as wii balance board games, party games/multiplayer games, more ways to sort the games than just putting them in favorites, were you planning to go further with that or was favorites where it stops? I think it would be great to sort them in certain ways, especially for party games and for wii balance board games, considering there isn't too many of them, and also wii motion plus, since there won't be every game thats wii motion plus, be a quick way to browse to whatever you like, what do you think mates? I know this wouldn't happen here now, but will this be added down the line?

example of it, would be you just add another tab, and when you would click that tab, you could have however many icons show up, such as 4, one for wii balance board, one for party games, one for wii motion plus games, and so on, would that be hard to add that in there? then you would click that tab, and all those would pop up, you choose whichever list, and then it loads the games that way. and have it as an option, you can still have all your games browsable, but an option, to use this tab and browse this way, thats what I would think would be a good idea anyway, if its not possible though, oh well. this loader is the best of the best, and I wouldn't expect this anytime soon, but just wondering what those plans could be.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
collectedsoul said:
Just a couple of things. Is it region free?And everytime I click on reset in the menu options inside a game, the game gets restarted - is this a feature or a flaw?
wacko.gif
You click reset and the game gets reset? Wow. That sounds like a big flaw. I would expect the reset button to make a dancing leprechaun pop out of the wii. This will be my project for the day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.