• Views 7,271,876
  • Replies 29,400
  • Likes 48

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a simple wad i can download and install for the one that might work the best?

(will cIOS249[56]-v20.wad or cIOS250[57]-v21d2x6.wad work?)

You can use ModMii to build it. Just use option 4 from the main menu and type "24956" in, then when it's done use "25057". You may have to type "beta" and change it to option "2" for d2x-v10-beta52 as I think ModMii defaults to v8-final.

It uses the real Nintendo wad so we can't post links here as it's copyrighted.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there an ETA on the new installer and/or internal update revs?
No ETA.
I worked on it yesterday, SSL connection works but the loader crash. Seems to end in infinite loop, overflowing the available memory. I'll have to rewrite the download functions fully.

will cIOS249[56]-v20.wad or cIOS250[57]-v21d2x6.wad work?
none of these two !

instead of using a wad file (that we can't share), why not using the installer directly on your console?
d2x installer for Wii
d2x installer for vWii

install at least d2x version 8 (so v8 or v10)
select this:
slot249: base56
slot250: base57

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
No ETA.
I worked on it yesterday, SSL connection works but the loader crash. Seems to end in infinite loop, overflowing the available memory. I'll have to rewrite the download functions fully.
I see, so 1252 is not beta but a fully stable release then?
Reason I ask is because I tend to wait for internal updater releases. That way I minimize the chances of something not working etc...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No issue were reported with 1251 for a week, so I can assume it works fine.
1252 only adds two settings and doesn't reach max size limit so it's safe to use.

progress today:
Downloading from https --> I successfully downloaded nintendont dol from https.
I need to do more tests, especially with 302 redirection HTTP response. --> tested. woking fine.
add more security checks.
add a progress bar. --> done

I had to remove theme menu to add SSL support because it reached max filesize.

Still no ETA.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
No issue were reported with 1251 for a week, so I can assume it works fine.
1252 only adds two settings and doesn't reach max size limit so it's safe to use.

progress today:
I successfully downloaded nintendont dol from https.
I need to do more tests, especially with 302 redirection HTTP response.
add more security and a progress bar.

I had to remove theme menu to add SSL support because it reached max filesize. I'll have to find a workaround.
Still no ETA.
Take your time dude.
You're doing enough already. We all appreciate your efforts in keeping this moving forward.
Glad to know the latest rev is stable.
I'll let you know if I find any issue.
One last thing, would you recommend I run all my WW/VC games with neek? Or just the ones that have issues with emunand?

Reactions: Troopage

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just the one not working with cIOS.
I find cIOS emuNAND easier and faster to use as it runs in realNAND and can "return to" the loader without rebooting the console.
But it's up to you to choose cIOS or Neek.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
just the one not working with cIOS.
I find cIOS emuNAND easier and faster to use as it runs in realNAND and can "return to" the loader without rebooting the console.
But it's up to you to choose cIOS or Neek.
Reason I ask is because there isn't a compatibility table for cIOS emunand.
And some games, like sonic 4 episode 1 "kinda work". Meaning they launch but may crash at any given time or they may launch 1 time only and never again. Or saves don't work etc...
So, if I understand correctly: cIOS emunand faster/easier. neek slower/more stable/more compatibility?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_EmuNAND_Compatibility_List
help complete and fix that list if you see any issue with your cIOS emuNAND set to full. (and you know your emuNAND is correctly dumped/created)
issues could be because of bad wad, so be sure the wad is correctly installed before reporting incompatibility.

Note: the list is not meant to have all games!
it's only for problematic games and to provide a fix (correct cIOS version or base).
no need to list channels working fine with d2x v8/10

Good example : The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
bad example : Defend your Castle (it just works fine, no need to find a fix ...), but at least users will know that game has been tested and it doesn't have issues.

Edit:
USBLoaderGX r1253 with nintendont update URL set to github. Big thanks to Fix94 for the SSL patches :)
I tested with d2x v8 base56 only.
Let me know if there's an issue with some IOS only.
let me know if you have any issue at all with downloading files/updates/covers/cheatcodes.

Note: I disabled Theme Downloader menu.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_EmuNAND_Compatibility_List
help complete and fix that list if you see any issue with your cIOS emuNAND set to full. (and you know your emuNAND is correctly dumped/created)
issues could be because of bad wad, so be sure the wad is correctly installed before reporting incompatibility.
WADS are OK. Had them running on my old Wii perfectly fine.
Do I need to explicitly select "nand emulation: FULL" under each VC/WW title? Or is GLOBAL enough? If the latter, is FULL the default global setting?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Nevermind, Cyan beat me to it.

Though, I'm curious what Partial does for channel emulation. The channels I have installed to my EmuNAND still seem to work fine under Partial. I know what Partial does for EmuNAND for disc backups.

Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
global is enough.
Full should be the default for EmuNAND channels, but verify you set that option correctly, as it can be edited anything since you tested neek too.
OK, so a "restore defaults" should do the trick then.
Now, I'm hiding system channels ATM (HBC, USBLOADER GX forwarder etc) but I kinda forgot how to do that and since I'm restoring defaults...
IIRC all I had to do was: create a "hidden" category for instance, group all system channel under it, and in global categories I have to mark with X BOTH categories. Correct?

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
why restore all default settings, instead of just checking a single option manually?

blacklist works like this:
set "all" to X
set hidden category to X
set that category to games you want to hide
Well, because why not? :lol: Ive been testing different versions and different neeks so theres no harm in starting from scratch.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Nevermind, Cyan beat me to it.

Though, I'm curious what Partial does for channel emulation. The channels I have installed to my EmuNAND still seem to work fine under Partial. I know what Partial does for EmuNAND for disc backups.

Partial uses the real NAND for saving and system settings (controller sync, network settings, etc.) but redirects reads to the title's data directory. Full redirects everything.

I've never really had any problems with partial either other than the titles that just don't work with EmuNAND like Bonsai Barber.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Partial uses the real NAND for saving and system settings (controller sync, network settings, etc.) but redirects reads to the title's data directory. Full redirects everything.

I've never really had any problems with partial either other than the titles that just don't work with EmuNAND like Bonsai Barber.
I'm talking about for NAND Channel Emulation, or is it the same? I know that NAND Save Emulation works like that when set to Partial, save the reads to the title's data directory. I seem to remember someone saying something about it causing problems when NAND Channel Emulation is set to Partial. I assumed that's what it did as well, and it seems to work fine, just wanted to make sure I wasn't thrashing my NAND or something by doing that. Thanks.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about for NAND Channel Emulation, or is it the same? I know that NAND Save Emulation works like that when set to Partial, save the reads to the title's data directory. I seem to remember someone saying something about it causing problems when NAND Channel Emulation is set to Partial. I assumed that's what it did as well, and it seems to work fine, just wanted to make sure I wasn't thrashing my NAND or something by doing that. Thanks.

They both options almost do the same thing in partial mode. Both use the system config and Miis from real NAND. Partial Channel uses real NAND for saved games, Partial Save uses the EmuNAND folder. "Full" uses the EmuNAND folder for everything and doesn't use the real NAND at all.

Partial Channel shouldn't affect the NAND chip any more than if you were playing a game installed as a real channel.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They both options almost do the same thing in partial mode. Both use the system config and Miis from real NAND. Partial Channel uses real NAND for saved games, Partial Save uses the EmuNAND folder. "Full" uses the EmuNAND folder for everything and doesn't use the real NAND at all.

Partial Channel shouldn't affect the NAND chip any more than if you were playing a game installed as a real channel.
Okay, just wanted to be sure due to conflicting information throughout the thread.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Partial Channel uses real NAND for saved games
That's wrong.
OFF = No NAND access is redirected
Partial = /title/ (and some other folders: tickets, tmp, import and sys) is redirected to EmuNAND (/title/ folder contains savegames AND installed titles data/saves). NOT emulated : meta, shared, shared2, dev, tmp/uid.sys, sys/uid.sys.
Full = All NAND access is redirected, except /dev/ and /tmp/launch.sys

If you use Partial with a Wii game, it redirects /title/ folder which contain the savegames (the game data is on disc)
if you use Partial with emuNAND channel it redirect /title/ folder which contain both savegames AND channel's data.
There's no "emuNAND option" for channels installed on NAND. partial save doesn't affect them.

Partial redirects all access from /title/ folder to EmuNAND's /title/
The meta and shared1 shared2 folders are still accessed from NAND (settings, Mii, wiimote synch, etc.)

I don't really see a use of "emuNAND channel" being set to partial, because the channel data is located in /title/ folder too, which is redirected both with partial and full. it's not redirecting only the save, but the data too. to launch them you need a full NAND dump. so why not using full if you made a full dump of your NAND?

using partial with emuNAND channels would use the settings and mii stored no the console, so the only benefit I see could be:
- you use your dump on different consoles and use the console's wiimote? (but attention, the Mii would be different! some games heavily rely on them, if you don't have the same mii, you will lose your savegame). Instead, it's recommended to copy the host's wiimote synch to your EmuNAND (features>NAND dump>Sysconf) to use the host's wiimote synch data on your emuNAND.
- Allows network access? full emuNAND doesn't have network access, and we don't know why. Is partial working with network? (as it's using the NAND settings, wiimote synch, mii data)
- Launch "incompatible" channels on emuNAND by having that channel on realNAND too. usually, incompatible channels (castlevania) is because some files are still trying to access realNAND. But you don't need "Partial", having the channel on realNAND+EmuNAND with "full" is also fixing the issue. The benefit to have it on both is to save the savegame on emuNAND or else you would just install it on realNAND.
- don't always have to dump the updated settings to the EmuNAND whenever I change something. (you often change your settings? feature>dump nand>sysconf, and you are done)

That's the only benefit I can think of, and except network access (untested) I don't really understand why users would choose partial for channels.

There were some revisions where EmuNAND chan was always forced to full. But Dimok added the partial option.
I left it there, but I don't know if users are really using it, nor why, so I left that option available.

But I always think about removing partial EmuNAND Channel option.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's wrong.
OFF = No NAND access is redirected
Partial = /title/ (and some other folders: tickets, tmp, import and sys) is redirected to EmuNAND (/title/ folder contains savegames AND installed titles data/saves). NOT emulated : meta, shared, shared2, dev, tmp/uid.sys, sys/uid.sys.
Full = All NAND access is redirected, except /dev/ and /tmp/launch.sys

If you use Partial with a Wii game, it redirects /title/ folder which contain the savegames (the game data is on disc)
if you use Partial with emuNAND channel it redirect /title/ folder which contain both savegames AND channel's data.
There's no "emuNAND option" for channels installed on NAND. partial save doesn't affect them.

Partial redirects all access from /title/ folder to EmuNAND's /title/
The meta and shared1 shared2 folders are still accessed from NAND (settings, Mii, wiimote synch, etc.)

I don't really see a use of "emuNAND channel" being set to partial, because to install/launch them you need a full NAND dump. so why not using full?
there were some revisions where EmuNAND chan was always forced to full. But Dimok added the partial option.
I left it there, but I don't know if users are really using it, nor why, so I left that option available.

But I always think about removing partial EmuNAND Channel option.

is "partial" with emuNAND channels allows network access? (as it's using the NAND settings, wiimote synch, mii data)
that's the only benefit I can see.
Okay, thank you for clearing that up. I'll probably use it just so I don't always have to dump the updated settings to the EmuNAND whenever I change something. As for the network access while set to partial, "The Internet Channel" works fine from EmuNAND but YouTube and Netflix don't (haven't bothered to uninstall them since I switched to a HTPC). It's possible it also works with Full setting as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.