Homebrew USB Loader GX will not launch

Zayder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm beginning to get frustrated that USB Loader GX doesn't work. I want to play some downloaded Wii Games I got but I can't if I'm not even able to reach the main screen.

Everything required is installed (d2x cIOS, USB Loader GX, and I have a shortcut for it on the wii channels) and everything is plugged in. I followed all the details carefully in guides and videos. But everytime I try to load up USB Loader GX it freezes on "initialize sd card" and then the Wii goes unresponsive. Does ANYONE have a fix for this so I can play my games? Thanks!

The only thing I can think of that might not be working is that I use a SDHC card. Some people said that they're not very good, but I'm not sure if this is the case?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The only thing I can think of that might not be working is that I use a SDHC card. Some people said that they're not very good, but I'm not sure if this is the case?

Hello.:)

Maybe it CAN your SD Card ? :unsure:

https://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

Is it formatted to FAT32 ?
Did you check it of Errors with a Tool like H2testw ?
Did you tried another SD Card ?

Did you use the LATEST USBLoader GX Version v3.0 r1272 ?

Thank you.:)

Zayder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My SD card isn’t even on the list which is a problem. I think it’s a SanDisk 8GB microSD card. It is formatted to FAT32

And yes it is the latest version of USB Loader GX.

I guess the only thing here is, what is H2testw? Can you send me a link to it?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
microSD card.

Maybe you "forget" that little detail to mention ? :)
That means you need an ADAPTER to use it in your Wii and maybe that is the issue.

Please try an normal size SD Card.
Attached is the Test Tool for you.

Thank you.:)

Attachments

• h2testw_1.4.zip
    213 KB · Views: 103

Zayder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, I don’t think anything would work without a SD Adapter. :lol: I do have the adapter and my microSD card is inside the adapter and I use it just like any other SD card.

Do I put the Test Tool inside my apps folder and install it like any other app?

Also, I have heard something about putting the apps into the HDD instead of the SD card; though someone told me it’s not a good idea. ;)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Haha, I don’t think anything would work without a SD Adapter. :lol: I do have the adapter and my microSD card is inside the adapter and I use it just like any other SD card.

Do I put the Test Tool inside my apps folder and install it like any other app?

Also, I have heard something about putting the apps into the HDD instead of the SD card; though someone told me it’s not a good idea. ;)

The Test Tool is for use with Windows to check your SD Card of errors.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all