Hacking USB Loader GX “The Game is on USB” Pop Up Message

MEVC71

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all of my GameCube iso’s on a 500GB Hard drive. I was able to get USB loader GX to recognize the hard drive and all of the games. I even downloaded the cover and disc art for them. But, when I go to run the game I get a pop up box that reads “The Game is on USB” “Do you want to copy a game to SD or delete a game on SD?” Then I have the option to Copy, Show SD, or Cancel. I am running USB Loader 1268 v3.0c IOS249. I have the drive formatted to FAT32 and I believe the games are set up correctly on the drive because I can run them through Nintendont directly. But they are set up like this: HDD/games/[Game Name]/game.iso. I have Wii games on a separate hard drive and they run fine, there are no problems. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere for the GameCube games?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which gamecube mode do you want to use ?

DIOS MIOS, DIOS MIOS Lite, Devolution or Nintendont ?
you probably updated from an old version of USBLoaderGX, it used to have "MIOS" by default, OR you are still using an old version of USBLoaderGX released when ONLY SD with DIOS MIOS Lite was possible for gamecube games.

You are using "1268 v3.0c" ? that version DOES NOT exist.
it's either 1268, either 3.0c 1180.

I think you have 3.0c 1180, like I said, that version was released when there were no existing gamecube loader capable of loading from USB. Only SD was possible 3 years ago. since then, new gamecube loading method was released, and USBLoaderGX has been updated to support these new methods.
don't use old outdated version of the loader.
please, follow this to update your loader.

If you use this old version, I also recommend you completely delete your folder on SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/
do not keep your old settings or you'll have issues ! delete the full folder before following the guide.
then, you can look here, I explain how to setup USBLoaderGX with nintendont.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/trouble-connecting-nintendont-to-usbloadergx-on-vwii.515914/

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo