USB Loader GX Resolution

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Steve_Doido, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Steve_Doido
    OP

Steve_Doido GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil
    So, after using the newest version of Nintendon't, which allows me to use EVERY pixel of my TV, is there a way I can load games on USB Loader GX without the small borders on the sides (which vary by game)?

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    gamecube games or wii games?
    gamecube games, you have the same option than nintendont, you can edit the screen position and size.
    wii game, it's not possible. (or not tested)

3. Steve_Doido
    OP

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil
    oh :/

Last edited by Steve_Doido, Jan 16, 2017
  4. Steve_Doido
    OP

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil
    @Cyan Do you think it's programmable? Would be a nice feature for Wii U owners.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it could be done in the loader, the issue is that the game is re-initializing the video itself.
    it works with nintendont, because it's nintendont which is in memory, not the game. But with Wii and wiiware/VC, USBLoaderGX is not in memory anymore.

All the loader can do is set a video mode before launching the game, and editing the DOL's information of the "compatible video mode", but some games refuse to work with different resolution than their native ones.
    some games could work, some will crash/black screen, some might even have no effect at all.
    I don't think it's a good enough feature to add the option (but mostly because I don't work on the loader as often as before, I miss time to do random tests like this :P), Sorry