Hacking USB Loader GX + NTFS Part = Black Screen

ozguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just set up homebrew on a friends Wii. USB Loader GX works fine if I use my hd that is formatted as WBFS.

Since she wanted to be able to use her HD for her PC too I used NTFS for hers and used Wii Backup Manager copy the games from my WBFS partition to the wbfs folder on her drive.

When I use her drive, GX sees the games, but just gives a black screen when I try to load any of them.
Again, using my drive instead, everything works normally.

Her HD is a Hitachi XL500.

Any ideas?

ozguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the readmii section of the USB Loader GX web site:
QUOTE said:
Support for multiple file systems: Load your Games from WBFS, FAT32 or NTFS!

It shows the games, and the total is correct, but selecting any of them just results in a black screen.

ozguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried creating a WBFS partition on the drive instead and that works with GX, so I know it is not an issue with the drive.

I have tried with NTFS using wanin 249 v20, Hermes 222/223 v5, all just stay on black sreen and don't get to the health screen.

Going to try Configurable USB Loader now

ozguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, it works in Configurable USB Loader.
I just can't stand Cfg. Grr! That is why I use GX

Freek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ozguy said:
I just set up homebrew on a friends Wii. USB Loader GX works fine if I use my hd that is formatted as WBFS.

Since she wanted to be able to use her HD for her PC too I used NTFS for hers and used Wii Backup Manager copy the games from my WBFS partition to the wbfs folder on her drive.

When I use her drive, GX sees the games, but just gives a black screen when I try to load any of them.

Any ideas?

ok first post...i actually signed up for this forum just to post this

So HELLO!

but i have the same exact problem with GX as you do...but mine also does the black screen thing on FAT32 partitions as well...sees the games but when attempting to launch it i just get a black screen

i have done everything i think i can do to try and get this working....new IOS's...redid my hdd 5 different times with different partitions...followed a few guides none of them worked

also CFG loader works perfectly fine...wiiflow does not work either...wont even see my fat partition

so if some light can be shed on this topic i would be in debt to whoever could solve the OP's and my issue....i really really miss my loader GX
sad.gif

if you need anymore info about my setup i would be happy to give it...but know i have the setup most do...hermes 222 v4...cios v19...etc etc

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ozguy said:

Any ideas?

Easy. Just use one big FAT32 partition
smile.gif

Assuming you're using r938 GX just make sure you have Hermes 222 v4 (not 5) installed - or if you use ios 249 use rev17 (not 20)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e