Hacking USB LOADER GX issue

nopulse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using the latest version of USB Loader Gx and I have converted my HDD to WBFS format with WBFS Manager 3.0.

All my games on the HDD load fine, but when I try to go back to the Wii menu, I get a black screen and my Wii remote loses sync. This seems to only happen with PAL games as far as I can tell. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

I read somewhere if you do the following it will fix the issue, but that is for cfg-loader.
global options) config.text "return_to_channel = UCXF"
Are there any options in USB Loader GX I can change to fix this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"Return to Channel" option is used to load an installed channel instead of the System menu when exiting a game.
It requires that the channel you want to load is installed on your Wii (of course, or else you can't load it).

Go to the settings > Loader settings > Returns to : .....
If you are using the "Full Channel", then you can see "USBLoaderGX" (or TitleID UNLR)
If you are not using the Full channel, but launch the loader from the homebrew channel, then you need the "Forwarder Channel" installed on Wii. In the settings you'll see the same name (TitleID is UNEO)

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
If you follow the steps that modmii tells you to do, then nothing should go wrong. Of course it's still your own risk, but I've remodded mine over the years so much I've lost count.

nopulse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you follow the steps that modmii tells you to do, then nothing should go wrong. Of course it's still your own risk, but I've remodded mine over the years so much I've lost count.

Thank you for the help :) If you don't mind me asking, what usb loader do you use to load games?

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
I use Wiiflow with the Abz pack installed, as my main loader, but I also have cfg and USB Loader GX up and running as well. A hang over really from when some games would load in one and not in the other. Now a days though they're all pretty much load anything that's thrown at them.

I'd recommend, install all three. Since they all can sit side-by-side. Play around with them for a few weeks, and choose a winner that fits you. People will say, get this one, get that one, but as long as you've got the latest recommend version installed, you can't go wrong nowadays.

It comes down to what features and what eye-candy you like. I think all 3 teams have done very well with what they've brought to the table, and I can't say one is better than the other since they all load the games I have. I've got a few of the ones that were "known to be tricky" to load when they first came out.

That's my 2 cents! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple