alwaysasn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off I am sorry if this has already been asked:

I have Burnt my Windwaker game and transfered it to my HDD. USB Loader GX reads it. When I load it I get a screen that says GCloader.

After a few seconds the text 'Loading Apploader' appears. If I leave a gamecube game in the slot it will only boot to the game in the slot.

I don't have a PC and can't use the DML exe files. Is there a work around for this?

Any help would be so appreciated... :)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I have Burnt my Windwaker game and transfered it to my HDD. USB Loader GX reads it. When I load it I get a screen that says GCloader.

After a few seconds the text 'Loading Apploader' appears. If I leave a gamecube game in the slot it will only boot to the game in the slot.

I don't have a PC and can't use the DML exe files. Is there a work around for this?

should work.
Do you have the latest DML.wad installed? (1.4b)
Did you convert the game properly?

Reactions: 1 person

alwaysasn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

should work.

I think I have the latest DML.wad. How do I check? I just took the iso and put it in the appropriate folder on my SD card. Is there a way I can convert it using a mac??? Again it is recognizable in Configurable Usb Loader and USB Loader GX. When I attempt to play the game on either it gets stuck on "Loading Apploader" the only other game I have is a spongebob Gamecube game. If I put that game in while "Loading Apploader" is up then the game goes to spongebob and does not go to WindWaker. Otherwise no luck... Again thanks for your taking the time to help me

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

should work.

I think I have the latest DML.wad. How do I check? I just took the iso and put it in the appropriate folder on my SD card. Is there a way I can convert it using a mac??? Again it is recognizable in Configurable Usb Loader and USB Loader GX. When I attempt to play the game on either it gets stuck on "Loading Apploader" the only other game I have is a spongebob Gamecube game. If I put that game in while "Loading Apploader" is up then the game goes to spongebob and does not go to WindWaker. Otherwise no luck... Again thanks for your taking the time to help me

In order to acctually run GC games they have to be in the required format.
YOU CAN ONLY RUN GC DML GAMES FROM YOU SD CARD.
Playing from usb hdd is not supported ( yet )
But the loaders can read what is on your HDD, only for storing and/or copying purposes.

You can find all the files you need right here:

http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

alwaysasn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

should work.

But the loaders can read what is on your HDD, only for storing and/or copying purposes.

I have been to that page before. I am only attempting to run off of my SD card.
Again I am on mac so I have no way of using any exe program ATM. I reinstalled the DML wad and some Mios wad and now all my GC games go straight to a black screen...
I feel like there is an easy fix for what I am doing wrong... I just don't know what that is.... :/

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

should work.

Again I am on mac so I have no way of using any exe program ATM. I reinstalled the DML wad and some Mios wad and now all my GC games go straight to a black screen...
I feel like there is an easy fix for what I am doing wrong... I just don't know what that is.... :/

Well' you NEED to convert your games to discex format, otherwise it will NOT work.

alwaysasn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

should work.

Well' you NEED to convert your games to discex format, otherwise it will NOT work.

Hey, so I downloaded virtual box. I used discex on my iso... it went through a process in CMD. It didn't change the filename at all... how can I tell if the conversion worked???

*** I figured out how to work the discex, and still when I pop it in I am on the gamecube screen where it says loading apploader....***

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There should be a folder made named "games" containing a folder with the ID name of the converted game.
That folder "games"containing that folder with that game should be placed on your sd card.
You should be able to load the game fine.

You could try changing the settings in the loader.
Do not use NNM and try to switch between nodisc and offcourse try having a disc in your wii drive a s some game need a physical disc in the drive to work.

If all else fails, try a different sd card or an older version of DML.

If you still have no luck, post in the DML topic sticky here on GBA temp.

alwaysasn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There should be a folder made named "games" containing a folder with the ID name of the converted game.
That folder "games"containing that folder with that game should be placed on your sd card.
You should be able to load the game fine.

You could try changing the settings in the loader.
Do not use NNM and try to switch between nodisc and offcourse try having a disc in your wii drive a s some game need a physical disc in the drive to work.

If all else fails, try a different sd card or an older version of DML.

If you still have no luck, post in the DML topic sticky here on GBA temp.

Hey, I just got it working on NeoGamma... I appreciate all your help and patience... Have a great day :)

dandandan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having the same problem here. I re-installed USBLoaderGX using the .exe file and I installed the DML wad (latest version) using Multi Mod Manager on IOS249

I've used discex to format my iso files and put the resulting folders in the "games" folder on the root of the SD card

And every time I try to load a CG game via USBLoaderGX the screen goes black for about 5 seconds and I get a splash screen for GC Loader 0.4 which then loads whatever is in the disc drive (if there's no disc in the drive I get an error screen with a stack dump)

So what's going on? I'm a bit of a newb to this (I hacked my Wii ages ago and have only just got around to backing-up my Gamecube games) so please forgive me if it's something really obvious

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it loads GC Loader 0.4, then you don't have DIOS MIOS Lite.

Reinstall DIOS MIOS Lite wad file.

You can only have one MIOS at a time, if you install another one it replace the previous one.
If you installed GC Loader after DML, then you don't have DML anymore.

DIOS MIOS Lite has been updated to v2.2 on August 6th 2012

Be sure to specify the correct version in USBGX > Settings > Loader settings > DML version : 2.2+

dandandan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. I really don't understand how I don't have DML installed :blink: but hey ho

Is it strange that the Dios Mios devs are hosting links to DML? In any case, I'm glad because last time I checked all the dowwnloads had been removed from the DML googlecode site

Are you sure that USBGX lets you specify the DML version? I'm in the loader settings now and the only options I can see (right at the bottom) are:

DML NMM mode - on/off

DML LED activity - on/off

DML PAD Hook - on/off

DML No Disc - on/off

DML Debug - on/off

I know that CFGLoader lets me pick the DML version (not that it's helped so far), but I can't see any option to do that in USBGX

Also, I don't know if this is relevant but when I try NeoGamma it does actually let me choose games via DML (I can select the titles by pressing left or right) but when I go to load them it either loads the disc in the drive instead (if there's a disc in the drive) or just completely crashes the Wii (I get strange colourful patterns on the screen, no audio, no controller input)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe you don't have the latest beta, but the latest stable released version?
Try this one r1201: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xqm7m5duu9r5t22

Look into the Main (global) settings, it's not a per game setting.

If the version doesn't match, it will try to boot from disc instead of using your game settings and load the ISO.
Also, r1201 let you see which MIOS is installed (go to settings > Credit).
It detects DM, DML, QForce. but it's up to you to specify the version in the settings.

dandandan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't remember what to do with the boot.elf file. I dealt with them before but it was a long time ago.

I presume the boot.dol file replaces the one in the USBGX app folder?

dandandan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A-ha! Well, I've replaced USBGX's boot.dol file with one from the archive you linked to and I have got more DML options now.

Left all the settings at default (DML installed version 2.2+, everything else off, GameCube Mode: MIOS (default & customs))

Aaaand, when I try to load the game I get a black screen

At least it doesn't try to load the game in the disc drive now. I think I'm making progress :lol:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
black screen happens :(

Be sure to put a (Gamecube) disc in your drive before you launch the game too.
It helps on boot.

I just tried DML v2.2, and I got a black screen on boot too :(
maybe DML 2.2 is not working?

If you have a USB, you could try to use DIOS MIOS v2.2 instead of DIOS MIOS Lite v2.2

Edit:
the boot.elf is not needed for end users.
they are included just in case that build needs debugging.

dandandan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, well at least I'm not the only one :P

I was going to try Dios Mios (in fact the reason I hadn't bothered setting-up DML all those months ago when I originally hacked my Wii is because I was waiting for the USB version) but I realised that most of my favourite GC games were re-released on the Wii anyway (Metroid Prime, Pikmin 2, RE4) and I could fit the rest on an SD card. And DML seems to have a slightly better compatibility (at the moment) and seems to support 2-disc games (e.g. Metal Gear Solid)

I think I'm going to take a break for a month or so and try again. Give my brain some time to recuperate. Maybe there will be some updates too :yay:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn't support games with two disc without a save prompt yet.
it might be added later.

Devolution can load these games with two discs without problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...