Hacking USB Loader GX Game problem

BoredGuyonGBA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 WBFS formatted USB drives. i extracted the game from the drive to ISO. since i saw i can save a bit more space. i did this with Just Dance 3. But now, it shows the beginning white screen. then the screen goes black. it used to play, what happened? how can i fix?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he removed the game, returned it to iso, then put it back on a wbfs formatted harddrive.( why must people still use wbfs formatted hard drives? :( ).
it doesn't save space to have it as an iso,wbfs already saves space, an is smaller the iso.
take one of your drives an reformat to a fat32. an make a wbfs folder, put your games there. i don't think you can have a iso on a wbfs formated hard drive.. ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe he mix both format : WBFS partition and WBFS file.

WBFS partition format: You need a WBFS manager to edit the game located on this partition.

WBFS File format: This is only a file, not a partition. This files are read by USBloaders from the /wbfs/ folder on a FAT32 or NTFS partition format. The games are taking less spaces as only the real game's data are present. If the game's data is 200MB, then only 200MB of space is used.

ISO file format: This is the FULL copy of the game's disc. It is always 4GB or (8GB for dual layers). Even if the game has only 200MB of data, the ISO will always take 4GB of space on your drive.

i extracted the game from the drive to ISO. since i saw i can save a bit more space.
This is the contrary.
ISO format is taking more spaces. extracting and reinserting into WBFS format is not saving a bit more space, it takes exactly the same space.

If the game has 200MB of data:
WBFS (partition or file) 200MB -> ISO 4GB -> WBFS (partition or file) 200MB

The only REAL bit of space you can save is by removing the update partition (very few MB).

If you have the game200MB+update partition 10MB on the WBFS:
WBFS partition 210MB -> Extract to .wbfs file (it will take less space than the iso on your computer) 210MB
Reinsert the .wbfs file 210MB into your WBFS partition format with the option "Game partition only" or "Remove Update partition". -> 200MB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth: +1