Usb Loader GX Freezes When I Start A Game

DocLouis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play super smash bros infinite through USB loader gx but I run into a problem. When I go to click the brawl case in USB loader gx my Wii light comes on and just about everything freezes. The only thing I can do is move the cursor around, I can't click anything. The Brawl rom is wbfs and it's not split. I need some help. Thank you in advance

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have issues running other games only Brawl?if so, this is a strange behavior and i think NTFS drive you're using is the cause of this. Try with a Fat32 formated HDD (or WBFS for usbs) and with 2 part wbfs files of the game.

DocLouis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have issues running other games only Brawl?if so, this is a strange behavior and i think NTFS drive you're using is the cause of this. Try with a Fat32 formated HDD (or WBFS for usbs) and with 2 part wbfs files of the game.
i use wiiflow for other games. i only used USB loader gx for brawl because I found this tutorial for infinite through USB loader gx. but I will try fat32 instead. thank you everyone for the help!

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use wiiflow for other games. i only used USB loader gx for brawl because I found this tutorial for infinite through USB loader gx. but I will try fat32 instead. thank you everyone for the help!
If you're going to use a USB flash drive, format it as Wbfs with wbfs manager, as it improves the compatibility a bit over fat32. Otherwise for an external HDD just use fat32.

DocLouis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to use a USB flash drive, format it as Wbfs with wbfs manager, as it improves the compatibility a bit over fat32. Otherwise for an external HDD just use fat32.
if fat32 doesn't work i'll try wbfs

DocLouis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the fat32 fixed my problem of the launcher crashing but when i load brawl it goes into a black screen and then stops. here is the link for the tutorial if it helps:

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the fat32 fixed my problem of the launcher crashing but when i load brawl it goes into a black screen and then stops. here is the link for the tutorial if it helps:

Are you sure that the modded game files are good & not corrupt? If there are good, You could try the wbfs format, but i don't guarantee that it'll work either.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak No i definitely got your joke, and I was being sarcastic too. That's why putting something like jk or /s at the end there helps a lot.. And i agree about him doing a syscheck first,i just assumed that since he was already able to play other games, that it couldn't be missing cIOSs.

Reactions: XFlak

DocLouis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While @CoolMe is cool, my advice is cooler...

Syscheck please
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

I will not be ignored! Lol jk

Lol, no I don't mind you offering help. In fact I think it's awesome! I just think that providing a syscheck in this context makes sense before trying a bunch of other things. I was just trying to be funny in my last post (and failed, lol)
here is your syscheck (i thought your last post was funny)
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)

Drive date: 09.07.2006
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 42230620
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 137 titles.
Found 46 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65280): Stub
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 10/20/2021.

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It probably won't solve this particular issue, but you have the same CIOS installed to both slots 249 and 250. You should install d2x v10 beta 52 with base 57 into one of those two slots. You're also missing bootmii and priiloader (and probably a nand backup too)

To solve for these probably unrelated issues, you can install modmii from modmii.github.io, then drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do. Modmii will also suggest some other optimizations but the ones I mentioned are the ones that matter the most

Reactions: jeannotte

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So this is probably a SSBB Infinite specific issue, but I'm intrigued by the mod, so will be investigating it personally

First I wanted to share some better links that are from secretchaos1 instead of techjames:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...yUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=-1

1634763128993.png

Which version(s) did you download? The "Wii Smash Bros Infinite.zip" from tech james' video doesn't exist (or at least the links from his video don't point to it anymore)

Importantly, be sure you have a copy of the NTSC version of the game (RSBE01). There are more directions in the downloads themselves, but I'm going to download the files overnight and do some more digging another day.

DocLouis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is probably a SSBB Infinite specific issue, but I'm intrigued by the mod, so will be investigating it personally

First I wanted to share some better links that are from secretchaos1 instead of techjames:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...yUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=-1

View attachment 280768

Which version(s) did you download? The "Wii Smash Bros Infinite.zip" from tech james' video doesn't exist (or at least the links from his video don't point to it anymore)

Importantly, be sure you have a copy of the NTSC version of the game (RSBE01). There are more directions in the downloads themselves, but I'm going to download the files overnight and do some more digging another day.

i do have an ntsc iso. and I'm curious what's the difference between the sd and sdhc? I've downloaded both just in case but I would like to know the difference if there is. i should also mention I don't have a brawl disk and if I did my wii disk reader doesn't work.

Last edited by DocLouis,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I read somewhere that the sd version excludes the less important stuff to make it fit on a 2gb sd card. The sdhc files that need a 4gb sd card or larger will include everything.

The Dolphin instructions direct you to actually create a separate patched iso, then apply some gecko os hacks or something. I wonder if this approach can be adapted for use with usbloader gx & the Wii itself instead of dolphin. If I knew how to integrate everything into a single iso that would be ideal, but unfortunately that's outside my wheelhouse. And the hackless version would require the original disc and an exploit to boot into SSBB Infinite without using the HBC

Edit: you skipped right over my points about correcting some issues with your syscheck btw. I caution against this, priiloader, bootmii and a nand backup are important. And you may live to regret skipping these steps

Last edited by XFlak,

DocLouis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that the sd version excludes the less important stuff to make it fit on a 2gb sd card. The sdhc files that need a 4gb sd card or larger will include everything.

The Dolphin instructions direct you to actually create a separate patched iso, then apply some gecko os hacks or something. I wonder if this approach can be adapted for use with usbloader gx & the Wii itself instead of dolphin. If I knew how to integrate everything into a single iso that would be ideal, but unfortunately that's outside my wheelhouse. And the hackless version would require the original disc and an exploit to boot into SSBB Infinite without using the HBC

Edit: you skipped right over my points about correcting some issues with your syscheck btw. I caution against this, priiloader, bootmii and a nand backup are important. And you may live to regret skipping these steps
ok. i will try the dolphin thing. i will also correct the issues but what would happen if I didn't?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You would have no protection in the event you, in the future, attempt some other stuff, like custom themes and channels and something were to go wrong.

Back to SSBB Infinite. I got it working using a convolution hybrid method, but I'm now trying something a bit cleaner and easier that's more in-line with the SDHC directions. It's just a matter of copying the private folder, codes folder, and gameconfig.txt to sd (and\or HDD depending on your usb-loader settings), then in usb-loader gx (or probably any loader), launch it with ocarina enabled, and this part's important, make sure you set the hooktype as AXNextFrame. Obv you need the NTSC version of the game working already as per usual without any mods before even attempting this

The hybrid method I did before involved a combination of custom ISO (from the dolphin directions) and the sd files extracted from the SD.raw file (again from the dolphin files), but I decided I would rather have SSBB once in my loader, then enable Ocarina when I want to play Infinite, and disable when I don't. So yeah, in a few min I should have this figured out, unless one of the kiddos wakes up unexpectedly, lol. I should post back shortly...

Last edited by XFlak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over