Hacking USB Loader GX error: "Error: Failed to initialize the USB storage device."

Deleted member 523359

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, this seems odd considering that with the USB inserted into the Wii, it gets past the boot screen just fine. I use an 8 GB 2.0 Flash Drive, as it was the only drive I had laying around. I assumed that it'd work normally, but people say to get an SSD, but because I don't have that kind of cash, I stick with USB's. Help?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ssd is a waste of money. the wii is incapable of taking advantage of the speed boost, so still hdd (not flash drive). the flash drive is probably why you're encountering this error. get a powered drive or one with a y cable.

Deleted member 523359

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ssd is a waste of money. the wii is incapable of taking advantage of the speed boost, so still hdd (not flash drive). the flash drive is probably why you're encountering this error. get a powered drive or one with a y cable.
Can I get an image of it? I'm not a tech guy, so I wanna see which one is right for me.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

An HDD/powered drive. Sorry, all the ones I see look like they're for computers, and jesus they're expensive.

A extern HDD like this for Example:
P1010904.JPG P1010905.JPG
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06W55K9N6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A Size around 2 TB should be enough,if "collect" and want to play most GameCube and Wii Games.:)

You can also use an SATA Extern Housing like this:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003UMG62G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and put an normal Desktop HDD into like this:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0151KM4VG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you need more Informations and Help,please ask.:)

Thank you.:)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Usb powered 2.5" external portable hard drives usually work fine with the wii without a Y cable. This is what I use. But the same drive&wire give issues with my wiiu, which has usb ports that provide less power than the wii. I was able to get the same portable drive to work by just switching the wire to a Y type so it could draw power from 2 of the wiiu's usb ports and it worked there as well.

Powered drives also work, but then it's one more wire, and you don't really need a large 3.5" drive for wii games, you can fit these all on a portable 2.5" drive easily. Depends on what you prefer I guess. The key takeaway is pen/flash drives generally have poor compatibility

Last edited by XFlak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?