Joey90

Not around any more
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought a USB 2.5" IDE enclosure from DX (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9478) and it works perfectly with my computer, however if it is plugged into the Wii and I run any version of the backup launcher, I get a black screen. If I run a version with the timeout, and have it unplugged, then it plug it in during the timeout, then it will freeze on that number. If I unplug during one of these freezes I get a code dump.

Anyone got any advice that might help, I haven't seen this problem before, (usually it just gives an error, rather than freezing)

I know the HDD in the enclosure is NOT the problem, as it works fine with a different adapter (but doesn't look as nice, plus I have other uses for it) and it does the same thing with other hard drives.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem before, it turned out the enclosure was the issue because I tried different hard drives and it still didn't work... but when I tried the same hard drives on a different enclosure, they worked...
frown.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hm, that's not super practical, but I'll try using a powered USB hub instead. Will report back (even though nobody cares)

Joey90

Not around any more
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
frown.gif

No luck, I tried with a powered USB hub, and it delivered power (the LED lit up) but it just did the same thing.

(I should also say, I made a slight mistake, when I load the USB loader, the graphics load up, but the console is black, and no boxart obviously)

I don't have an iPod adapter like that (No iPod...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/intel-cpu-dispensing-vending-machine-game-spotted...