Country
United States
fixed NTSC-U cover. the current one in the list shows the PAL cover

RSSEH4
rsseh4.png

fixed PAL cover. the current one in the list shows the NTSC-U cover

RGYP5Z
rgyp5z.png

Cover upgrades, the same image was used on both NTSC-U and PAL.
These have the correct rating markers.

RQTE6U - NTSC-U
rqte6u.png

RQTP6V - PAL
rqtp6v.png

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
hey tazo can u plz fix

RDKP01 which is Donkey Kong Jet Race NOT jungle beat as listed , therefore i cant request it on your site

also i have added some with different game id's , but their is no section for X game ids so ive just added them to Pal

wink2.gif

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm gonna add a support to my wbfs gui.
Now I had an idea that my program automaticly send a request to the page if it doesn't found the Cover in the list.
But i don't how to find the region of the game, thats the only problem.
But is it ok to use some kind of this function in my program?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
geedub said:
hey tazo can u plz fix

RDKP01 which is Donkey Kong Jet Race NOT jungle beat as listed and wrong cover , therefore i cant request it on your site

also i have added some with different game id's , but their is no section for X game ids so ive just added them to Pal

wink2.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geedub said:
hey tazo can u plz fix
RDKP01 which is Donkey Kong Jet Race NOT jungle beat as listed , therefore i cant request it on your site
wink2.gif

Thats fixed now and request is up.
Im working on a few things to moderate the site a bit better - theres a lot of images that are 160x226 and dont work on the newer loader so i have them highlighting in red now on the sorting pages
I have also allowed people to upload an image even if theres an image there already ,and it stores it in a temp folder for a mod to check
I will compare the image on the site and the new one and the uploader can give a reason - i dont have the mod side done yet, but the uploading works (i broke it a few times trying to code that so sorry to all)

Maschell said:
I'm gonna add a support to my wbfs gui.
Now I had an idea that my program automaticly send a request to the page if it doesn't found the Cover in the list.
But i don't how to find the region of the game, thats the only problem.
But is it ok to use some kind of this function in my program?
The regions are the 4th character in the list - its postsed a few pages back -
E is USA
P is Pal (europe) and has sub regions like F / D / S / I for the different countries i belive (id have to look back)
J is Japan
K is Korea
X is generally Pal unknown regions

QUOTE(MrFaust @ Apr 13 2009, 11:02 PM)
a couple more updates...
both are sharper looking images than what is currently available on the site

R2PE9B
RBME5G
Thanks again Faust - ill do these but you can use the site for this from now on and we can compare images on the site to the new and old ones and see whats better.
Tomorrow ill write an accept or reject script and that bit should be done.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
zenigata2000 said:
Here I got three imgs to replace.
Two for better quality and one for replace incorrect one.
rtoj8p.png

RTOJ8P
r2gjaf.png

R2GJAF

Those were my submits
rofl.gif
I think paint is not really a good tool to resize .png's ...!!

EDIT: Oh I forgot why I came here.....so, anyway you and REDIA can work together, DJTAZ..?? you know, cause he created an app to download covers from dunno wich other forums, and hence this has been created mostly by us, it would be great to have an app to get the covers without even open IE..!!
biggrin.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
zenigata2000 said:
rtoj8p.png

RTOJ8P
r2gjaf.png

R2GJAF

Those were my submits
rofl.gif

EDIT: Oh I forgot why I came here.....so, anyway you and REDIA can work together, DJTAZ..?? you know, cause he created an app to download covers from dunno wich other forums, and hence this has been created mostly by us, it would be great to have an app to get the covers without even open IE..!!
biggrin.gif
No paint is NOT good for image resizing - get photoshop - or paintshop pro.
They are all available on the usual sites

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geedub said:
hey tazo can u plz fix

RDKP01 which is Donkey Kong Jet Race NOT jungle beat as listed and wrong cover , therefore i cant request it on your site

wink2.gif

Someone was trying to make my life hard
they installed the junglebeat cover again just to confuse me but kept the name to the right one.
I just over wrote it with the correct image for you.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
djtaz said:
ether2802 said:
zenigata2000 said:
rtoj8p.png

RTOJ8P
r2gjaf.png

R2GJAF

Those were my submits
rofl.gif

biggrin.gif
No paint is NOT good for image resizing - get photoshop - or paintshop pro.
They are all available on the usual sites
TAZ I'll do the resizing once I get home in a couple of hours , I use CS4 for Adobe
wink.gif
, and later on I have a few free hours of messing around with my V4 so if you need help with anything else don't be shy bro
grog.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No no BIG MOE the thing is that some fella' claim he want to submit these covers cause the ones on the site doesn't have a nice resolution, and that's why I came to say that those were submited by me and I did it with paint, cause that's all I have, but no really need for someone to resize (unless I want to submit a few ones again
laugh.gif
)

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ether2802 said:
No no BIG MOE the thing is that some fella' claim he want to submit these covers cause the ones on the site doesn't have a nice resolution, and that's why I came to say that those were submited by me and I did it with paint, cause that's all I have, but no really need for someone to resize (unless I want to submit a few ones again
laugh.gif
)
ok , will you should get Adobe CS4 man it's a nice APP and cool to have if you like to mess with graphics
wink.gif
, and by the way ( Karaoke Revolution Presents American Idol Encore 2 NTSC RIFEA4 is added
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks guys - im just working on doing some code so that people can admin the site really.
I have the incorrect image size script done , but that isnt much since the upload script limites the sizes now.

I have the transfer from pal to ntsc if the code is wrong done.

I have a replace image script almost done - you can upload a duplicate image and a reason why u uploaded (like better quality - wrong region .. blah) and it logs it in a section to be moderated.

Ill finish that soon and link a few of u guys to the admin section.

Its nothing mad since the site is really going to be gbatempers own little resource or anyone doing usb loaders but its a start anyway.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
ether2802 said:
laugh.gif
)
ok , will you should get Adobe CS4 man it's a nice APP and cool to have if you like to mess with graphics
wink.gif
, and by the way ( Karaoke Revolution Presents American Idol Encore 2 NTSC RIFEA4 is added
wink.gif

BTW, use "Bicubic Sharper" whenever you make something smaller.

I'd also recommend that you guys use a tool like PNGGauntlet to make the PNG files as small as possible.

MrFaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hdhacker said:
I'd also recommend that you guys use a tool like PNGGauntlet to make the PNG files as small as possible.

I've ran 499 NTSC covers through this set to default settings and Intense Compression...
It saved 1528.36 KB
since these images are pretty small already, there isn't a whole lot of pixels to work with to do better optimization. But a good idea none the less. We use this tool over at the FoF Fan Forum for our skins, course that was until we figured out that python could actually display jpgs as long as the file extension was changed to .png
smile.gif

It's too bad we couldn't use this trick on here, because then a 36mb set of covers would go down to 9.5mb

As for an editor, checkout the Gimpshop hack of Gimp. It's free only about 10mb and can do TONS of stuff. It can even use photoshop plugins if cofigured correctly.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MrFaust said:
hdhacker said:

I've ran 499 NTSC covers through this set to default settings and Intense Compression...
It saved 1528.36 KB
since these images are pretty small already, there isn't a whole lot of pixels to work with to do better optimization. But a good idea none the less. We use this tool over at the FoF Fan Forum for our skins, course that was until we figured out that python could actually display jpgs as long as the file extension was changed to .png
smile.gif

It's too bad we couldn't use this trick on here, because then a 36mb set of covers would go down to 9.5mb

As for an editor, checkout the Gimpshop hack of Gimp. It's free only about 10mb and can do TONS of stuff. It can even use photoshop plugins if cofigured correctly.

Jeez Faust , your a barrell of information - your just not a pretty face ........erm i mean ...... your not just a pretty face

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vettacossx said:
the last digit of the game SPRAY is RYIE9B not 8
wink.gif
as it is on the dl page at www.theotherzone.com
There are multiple ID's for some games - where yours may be B some may have it as 8.
I have seen a few like that so instead of changing it , i might just upload again with a second ID on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning