PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Prisoner said:
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 PAL cover is wrong and the site don't let me change it:

code: RDBP70

right image:

rdbp70.png

Thanks - i have changed that for you - it doesnt leave people change the images on purpose.
I know after there have been people messing on the site already that covers would be messed around too much.

I know i have to do them manually now , but its safer that way and we'll eventually have a full working list (i think)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AlexDP said:
Hey djtaz, I just noticed that RW3E4Q which is Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is incorrectly entered as Pirates Dodgeball and has an incorrect cover. Thre correct name and cover are:
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
937751_83651_front.jpg
Fixed - Thanks

I think theres a good lot are messed up to be honest , but we will fix them as people report them.
I may need to give a few others access to the system so they can replace images and rename games etc etc.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
Fixed - Thanks

I think theres a good lot are messed up to be honest , but we will fix them as people report them.
I may need to give a few others access to the system so they can replace images and rename games etc etc.

@djtaz .... Let me know if you need a hand with the site.

Cheers,
Kosaic

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kosaic said:
djtaz said:
Fixed - Thanks

Cheers,
Kosaic
Lol considering most of the images are your work , your on the top of the list once i get a proper admin interface written for it
biggrin.gif

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
Kosaic said:
djtaz said:
Fixed - Thanks

Cheers,
Kosaic
Lol considering most of the images are your work , your on the top of the list once i get a proper admin interface written for it
biggrin.gif

OK cool ... I'm a 20+ year computer engineer, so whatever interface you come up with, I'm fine ... raw web app files are just fine ... I'm a Java Engineer
smile.gif

MrFaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my only request would be to display the covers at the full 160*225 size so they can be easily visually verified. I'm gonna try my hand a creating a database for verification of games in regions and what they specific gameid is. We've seen a few games that have multiple gameid's. I think this is because in actuality they really different regions. There are plenty of games that have the same front cover from the US and Canada, but have different back covers since plenty of the Canadian versions have english and french on the back covers. And hence the different gameid. Plus there are the PAL-EUR, PAL-GER, PAL-FRE, PAL-ITA and NTSC-J.

Also, cover resources...
for JAP covers, not only is there the JAP Nintendo site, but you also have play-asia.com, jgamers.com and of course ebay. Only too bad none of them this the gameid. I have yet to find a site that does this.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
MrFaust said:
Also, cover resources...
for JAP covers, not only is there the JAP Nintendo site, but you also have play-asia.com, jgamers.com and of course ebay. Only too bad none of them this the gameid. I have yet to find a site that does this.

Gamefaqs has every cover imaginable, with the proper ID in the data section. We should just write a script and download every Wii cover from there, batch resize them, and distribute as a torrent. Their images are approved by site moderators, which should hopefully stop the incorrect region/bad quality/wrong color complaints.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knocks said:
Gamefaqs has every cover imaginable, with the proper ID in the data section. We should just write a script and download every Wii cover from there, batch resize them, and distribute as a torrent. Their images are approved by site moderators, which should hopefully stop the incorrect region/bad quality/wrong color complaints.

I agree. Every cover I get from their site and resize looks way better than the ones we already have. I haven't tried any batch converting. A poor batch converter may be what caused the lesser quality.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest using PNGGauntlet or another similar tool to losslessly compress the PNG files to the minimum size.

Also, the Mario Kart box cover is stretched.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
Knocks said:

I agree. Every cover I get from their site and resize looks way better than the ones we already have. I haven't tried any batch converting. A poor batch converter may be what caused the lesser quality.

A batch command is not going to turn a good converter into a bad one. Poor quality is caused by 1) people getting watermarked and poorly compressed images from play-asia and other shitty sources and 2) compressing too much after resizing

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Knocks said:
MrFaust said:
Also, cover resources...

Yeah they do have a good list of covers , but the images arent saved using the Game ID so it may be hard to get the gameid matching the gamename on that site . Im sure it can be done , i just wouldnt be able to do it myself.
I could add in an approval section onto that site and get a few people to check the images before they go onto the main page.

In fairness the site was only done as a proof of concept a few days ago so its in its infancy yet, I just wanted a place that USB loaders could auto download covers - and the new WBFS manager uses it well so im happy about that.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol yeah you are.
Im just added little tweeks and fixes to the place at the moment and ill throw a little admin suite together after that , if i have time - this was a long weekend here so i had a bit of time to mess about - back to work today so i have a bit less time, but ill see what i can do.

I added an image size check and existing image check to the upload section ... we were getting a few images of incorrect sizes recently , this may help.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiMonkey said:
not bad lol, cant complain then ha ha
Nope , i quite enjoy work.
Cisco networking is great ( ok that sounds so geekish )
The people are cool , the work gets done , i get to play about with PHP and Perl scripts and i get to mess with networks - all the things i like really so its all good.
I think liking ur job is 1/2 the battle in life really isnt it ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭