Hacking USB Loader (all versions) game problems

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the hell the problem with Excitetruck is? Green screen every single time. Ive tried almost every loader I can get my hands on, and its the same thing everytime. I have installed it a million times it seems like, and with different loaders, but no go.

Is this going to be the only game that I own that I have to drag the disc along with me if I want to play it? Is anyone else getting this problem too? I know I read somewhere in the thousands of posts since usb loader was released that someone else was having a similar issue. Any ideas?

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you ask me this looks like a video-mode-problem... Maybe it is a pal-game and you forgot, that it is, since you downloaded it a really long time ago. Happend to me when I first played NiGHTS through usb loader and it was red. Then I realized, that it was the japanese version, because it already was multi5
tongue.gif

infamousdragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue with the Green Screen on Excite Truck. I thought it was just me because it says it works on the
wiki.

US Wii, two separate files both say US and they say the proper IDs on the USB drive after copied.

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dumped excitetruck with a retail disk that I bought when the wii launched. I am not using a downloaded iso or anything like that, as with the rest of my wii games. I have a rather large library of wii games, and love the usb loader because I dont have to mess with changing discs and whatnot.

All of my games work, except for Excitetruck. Just wondering if there is an issue with the loader, or maybe if Excitetruck just wont work?

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just and I mean just finished installing Excite Truck when I saw this topic, its working fine for me. You guys are probably using out of region versions.

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which version of loader did you use to install Excitetruck? Or did you use the pc tools to install? If you did that I am screwed then because I have retail disc.....

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
monkeybeast0 said:
I just and I mean just finished installing Excite Truck when I saw this topic, its working fine for me. You guys are probably using out of region versions.
But he said, that he dumped the retail version
unsure.gif
Did you try the windows-program? As far as I know it is better in transfering images to the HDD...

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to dump a retail wii disc thru the pc? I thought the pc dvd drive couldnt read a retail wii disc? Is there a program that will allow me to do this?

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on rev10 and using both usb loader 1.1 and 1.4 (Waninkoko's version since I hate ocarina) maybe I should try an install with 1.4? NTSC Wii and NTSC Retail Excitetruck

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
squablo said:
Is there a way to dump a retail wii disc thru the pc? I thought the pc dvd drive couldnt read a retail wii disc? Is there a program that will allow me to do this?

Only certain LG drives can read retail Wii discs.

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently trying to reinstall with v1.4 loader. I also noticed that when I inserted the disc, it said system update in the disc channel. I am on 4.0 using waninkokos updater. Maybe this is the issue with the loaders? I also noticed this with the wii sports disc, but that one works fine in the loaders.

I'll let you know the outcome of the reinstall in a few minutes, since v1.4 loader seems to take forever when installing games now. Its much slower the previous versions.

squablo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I tried a reinstall with v1.4 loader, and it froze up with about 2 minutes left to go. So I then reinstalled it with v1.1 loader, and then tried to boot with that and it worked. So I shut off the wii, booted up and launched v1.4 loader, and no go.

So I guess ExciteTruck will work on one of my old v1.1 loaders, but not on v1.4 loader. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE before. Before I did the reinstall, the game worked with none of the loaders. Maybe this game is just angry or something, who knows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD