Hacking USB Loader 3 Crashing (after using wbfs2fat)

zeikyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I upgraded to USB Loader 3 today (from a full install on my previous version to a forwarded install for v3) and in the process found out that WBFS has become outdated. I have a 250gb WD harddrive with 31 .wbfs games saved, and I decided to convert it to FAT after seeing PsyBlade's post on another thread. I believe the conversion worked; the drive is now called 'wbfs2fat' with a wbfs folder inside, and all of the .wbfs files are there. The USB loader display is fine -- it recognizes as FAT and (after redownloading the 3d covers) shows every game on my drive. HOWEVER, my wii crashes right after launching every game. It goes black screen and my wiimote powers off. This didn't happen before.

Now the stupid thing I did was not test my USB loader update before converting my drive, so I don't know which (the update or the conversion) is causing this crash. Could anyone 1) tell me whether this problem is coming from updating USB Loader or converting the drive, and 2) help me fix the problem? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Z

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Never heard of USB loader 3. Maybe try USB loader CFG or USB loader GX.
Most likely is imho that your cIOS' are to old to handle FAT. Which ones do you use? Maybe give D2X a try.
You can test the games for corruption using wit or WBM (wii Backup Manager).

zeikyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops -- meant to say USB loader GX (version 3). Honestly I haven't messed with my homebrew since I installed over a year ago; I believe it's 249. So I should update my cIOS? Could you forward me to a thread for that?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, 249 is not which cIOS you use, it's where it is.

But if it is over a year old and came with a guide that still recomended WBFS you should update it.
Normally I would suggest Modmii for updating but it curently has some problems.
Look at its thread for details: http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic/
Or look at http://gbatemp.net/topic/277659-ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix/ for other ways.

zeikyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome -- thanks. I used to modmii fix that was just uploaded and it worked fine. Only thing is now all of my wii channels are displaying on the loader too. How do I fix this?

Also, am I all set to download the Dios Mios fix to play GC games off of my HDD? The same that I use for wii?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would guess that the channel thing is intentional. Look it the confg or ask in its thread. I don't know GX very well.

Yes you can play GC from the same HDD and afaik installing Dios Mios is the only step missing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill